View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 25th, 2014, 12:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Trade bait? 
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Post Trade bait?
Do you guys think we have any trade bait? I think we should trade Rondell White; we don't need him anymore and our bating lineup is solid... I was thinking we can trade him for an OF prospect, OF utility man, and maybe a RP; but it depends on how bad a team needs a solid hitter....

Heres the reason why we don't need him:

1.) Brandon Inge
2.) Placido Polanco
3.) Carlos Guillen
4.) Maglio Ordonez
5.) Ivan Rodriguez
6.) Craig Monroe
7.) Dmitri Young
8.) Chris Shelton
9.) Nook Logan

Thats a real solid order if you ask me...

Michael Huff for DROY

July 5th, 2005, 2:21 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

It is a solid order, but it hasn't been producing. We should have one of the top ten offenses in all of baseball, but its not working out. I agree that he would be good trade bait, but he also has been one of our better hitters. I would like to see him be a utility next year.

July 5th, 2005, 2:43 pm
Profile WWW
NFL Team Captain

Can we please send Higgie packing at the end of this year? I think putting him on the IR was a way of saying thankyou for your service now please quietly sit down. 8 mil is alot of coin to pay a player for hitting .220 if that. Bobby has been great but it is time to say goodbye, just like Willie Horton in the old days. There comes a time when your usefulness is outweighed by your salary. Bobby's time is now.

July 5th, 2005, 7:38 pm

We should have given him the ax at the end of training camp.

July 5th, 2005, 7:40 pm
Profile WWW
Stadium Announcer

We should have given him the ax at the end of training camp.

They wanted to trade him if i'm not mistaken, but the only team that wanted him (Florida), didn't want to take on a large, or large enough portion of his salary.

July 5th, 2005, 10:43 pm
League MVP

I am puzzled by what the Tigers should do with their roster down the stretch. Getting over .500 would be a big accomplishment but they do have some vets that could be traded. What can they get if they trade, can they realistically compete for the wild card or even finish over .500, and is it more valuable to add to the farm system or to finally land a winning season (without making the playoffs)? Tradeable players include Rondell White, Dmitri Young, Polanco and Jason Johnson. Their are others that may be traded but trading away any of these guys is likely to decrease chances at having a winning season this year yet all make sense in a way bc of expiring contracts and bc the Tigers are not World Series contenders. This team looks good on paper but I have a feeling that it is struggling because it is not well built to play in its own ballpark, Comerica is a distinct park yet the Tigers play as well on the road as they do at home. They are in dire need of some left handed hitting, team speed and improved defense. Trading could also give the Tigers another look at Carlos Pena who is finally hitting in AAA, Marcus Thames who is similar to White, and start the clock on one of the young arms Zumaya, Verlander or even Ledezma (starting to get back on track in Toledo) or the young outfield prospects Curtis Granderson and David Espinosa. However if good value is not available in a trade finishing strong could help attract free agents in the offseason and give the returning players some confidence heading into next year. My opinion is to play it out a bit longer and see if Ordonez return will make a difference but if the team does not hit stride in the two weeks after the all star break I would expect to see the Tigers sell.

July 6th, 2005, 5:39 pm
QB Coach

I know that we are looking into trading White - but he has been one of the only people actually hitting.

I don't know why Pudge isn't hitting, he looks like a different hitter, he isn't pushing the ball anymore, rather opening up his stance and turning his hips when he hits. Not his strongsuit. Dimitri isn't hitting either.

I think we should be big sellers at the deadline. Polanco, Johnson, and White all could be dealt, even though they have been solid for us.

We have a solid foundation built, but now it's about getting the most out of these guys, which isn't happening. Too many close game losses. Percival has been poor.

July 6th, 2005, 7:35 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Pudge is solid tonight. Hell, most of the Tigers are hitting pretty solid tonight. Pudge had a nice slide at home and shouldn't that jack over the yellow line been a homer? Didn't it clear the line?

July 6th, 2005, 8:55 pm
League MVP

pudge's hit should definitely have been a HR

July 6th, 2005, 9:23 pm

No, it had to go over the line. The replay showed it hit the line.

I wouldn't trade Placido, he has been the most consitant as of late, and I don't think it is just a streak, or new league or whatever.

Was anyone else disappointed by the ESPN broadcast? All the announcers talked about was Hafer and the Indianas. Even the FSN broadcasters, who are supposed to be homers talk about the other team more. But then I turned it off after the 5th, so maybe they started talking about the tigers the whole time after that.

July 7th, 2005, 1:20 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

But then I turned it off after the 5th, so maybe they started talking about the tigers the whole time after that.

Not really. They talked about how Pudge left the game with a strained thumb (I think that's what it was), how solid Bonderman was, and how Tram used 3 pitchers in the 9th. The game should have easily been 7-2 (possibly 7-1), but the Tigs couldn't get one out to finish the game.

bsand2053 wrote:
No, it had to go over the line. The replay showed it hit the line.

Either way, it was a shot. Go Pudge in the HR Derby!!! Lol! Oh yeah, that's IF he plays due to that thumb.

July 7th, 2005, 7:07 am

It was a shot, I thought it was a homer coming off the bat, but the Jake has that high left field wall.

Now we have 4 games against the Devil Rays. Hopefully we can beat up on them to get back to .500.

July 7th, 2005, 12:02 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Pudge being in the HR Derby shows how little the MLB knows about the Tigers.

He's 6th on our team in home runs. Why not send Dimitri as an American representative?

I don't like this new "world" format. Tejada can't even participate because Ortiz is representing his country.

BTW - How does Pudge only have 5 walks this season? That's terrible. Vance Wilson has more walks than he does.

Polanco needs to be re-signed. Guillen and him, as well as Shelton, are the only people on the team that are giving opposing lineups trouble everyday.

July 7th, 2005, 2:43 pm
Profile WWW

Pudge being in the HR Derby shows how little the MLB knows about the Tigers.

He's 6th on our team in home runs. Why not send Dimitri as an American representative?

I think it is whoever was picked to go, so Dimitri couldn't hit in it. Pudge must be the only Puerto Rican in the All-Star Game, so that is why he is in.

Agree about Polanco. Hes an old-school guy. At first, I hated the trade, but it seems to have worked out well.

July 7th, 2005, 2:59 pm
Profile WWW
Stadium Announcer

Why not send Dimitri as an American representative?

They can't do that because at first, they had D-Lee for the Americans. He pulled out because of his shoulder, so they plug in Teixiera.

Also, they put Pudge to one, fil a country (Puerto Rico), and to have a Tiger in it.

I wish it wasn't an International format because i would have liked to see Da Meat Hook in the HR derby.

July 7th, 2005, 3:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next