View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 21st, 2014, 12:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Percival on DL/Dingman in 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Percival on DL/Dingman in
http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050714&content_id=1130765&vkey=news_det&fext=.jsp&c_id=det

Dingman sounds pretty good.

.230 BA 2.81 ERA

Quote:
Tigers place Percival on disabled list
07/14/2005 4:14 PM ET
MLB.com

DETROIT -- The Detroit Tigers today announced the club has placed righthanded pitcher Troy Percival on the 15-day disabled list retroactive to July 10 with a partial tear of the right flexor pronator muscle mass. To take Percival's place on the 25-man roster, the Tigers have purchased the contract of righthanded pitcher Craig Dingman from Triple A Toledo.
Percival has appeared in 26 games for the Tigers this season, posting a 1-3 record, 5.76 ERA (25.0IP/16ER) and eight saves. Percival was sidelined May 8-June 4 with the same injury.

Dingman is 2-1 with a 2.81 ERA (48.0IP/15ER) in 35 games for Toledo, fanning 67 batters and limiting the opposition to a .230 batting average (42x183).

This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

July 14th, 2005, 6:40 pm
Profile WWW
NFL Team Captain

So much for trading Percy. Do you think he is sharing an apartment with Higginson? How does Detroit find these Free agent gems? If they had pay for play contracts you would rarely see these guys on the DL.

July 15th, 2005, 6:12 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I hope Percival gets cut this year.... He's 36 years old, we signed him for to much money, he was injured a lot of the year, and he only has 8 saves... Pathetic!!

Were not making the playoffs this year, we need some improvements still.... This offseason we should let lose Percival, Pena, and Higginson... Then we need to sign 1-2 reliable relief pitchers, idealy a closer and a long reliever, then we sign a solid 3, 4, or 5 starting pitcher.... After that we trade Rondell for some prospects, and we sign an OF utility man who can come in and start when needed.... Maybe we can sign a CF as well but I see us signing a backup CF more then a starter.

Just my 2 cents....

Michael Huff for DROY

July 15th, 2005, 10:24 am
Profile WWW

I don't like Troy that much either, but he hasn't had that many save situations.

Anyway, I don't think we need to mess around with the pitching much, the only real weakness I see is long relief and Doug Creek. We need a 5th starter, since Verlander will be #2, 3, or 4, and JJ will be gone, hopefully.

We do need better depth though. Our infield bench can't hit. I would like to keep Rondell for outfield bench. He can't play center, but Monroe can, so we should be alright.

Thats my 3 cents. :lol:

July 15th, 2005, 11:17 am
Profile WWW
NFL Team Captain

Rumor has it that the Marlins are interested in Maroth. What do they have that we might want? :?:

July 15th, 2005, 2:12 pm

Rumor has it that the Marlins are interested in Maroth. What do they have that we might want? :?:

It better be frickin' Dotrell Willis. :evil:

I think Maroth could be the next Kenny Rogers without the camera phobia. Bob Cluck was Rogers's pitching coach.

July 15th, 2005, 2:18 pm
Profile WWW
League MVP

troy and his 6 mill a year will be around because baseball contracts are guaranteed. higgy's contract will expire. Pena has been lighting it up in AAA, he might get another chance- with Dmitri Young playing like garbage I think he should get it. Also if they can keep DY's at bats below 500 then they would avoid an 8 mill option on his contract for next season and his contract would expire. That would be nice. I could see adding a starting pitcher but that guy should be a frontline starter not a back of the order guy bc they could just have Johnson do that. I could see Verlander in the rotation next year, possibly with Ledezma or Zumaya. Robertson and Bonderman are keepers but we might be ablt to get decent value for Maroth. IMO the top need is adding defenders, Monroe is adequate in left or right but not in center which we desperately need. Andruw Jones might be available after the season and he would be amazing in our OF. Guillen has had some terrible range at SS this season, if he cant recover that they need to move him to 3b and either use Inge as utility or trade Inge. Rondell White is a big liability in the OF and I dont want him back unless they can use him exclusively as a DH. I hear that with the Red Wings payroll around $30 million that Ilitch will be able to increase his spending on the Tigers further. My fantasy Tigers team in 2006...

C Pudge
1b C Pena (provided he learns to hit MLB pitching)
2b P Polanco
3b C Guillen
SS R Furcal
CF A Jones
LF C Monroe
RF M Ordonez
DH C Shelton
4th OF N Logan
UT O Infante
2nd C V Wilson
OF/PH/DH M Thames
Pitching: Bonderman, Robertson, AJ Burnett, Verlander, Maroth
Relief: Ledezma, Walker, Spurling, Rodney, German, K Baugh, Farnsworth

July 15th, 2005, 2:26 pm

I agree with most of what you say, but I don't think we can pick up all the guys that you hope for, especially not Jones. I think Atlanta won't let him go, they really need him.

As for Guillen, you need to cut him some slack dawg :lol: , he has a bum knee, next year his D will be better, IMO.

I do disagree with Monroe at center, I think in his limited time there, he has done well. It won't matter if Logan starts to hit again. :arrow:

July 15th, 2005, 2:54 pm
Profile WWW
League MVP

I definitely agree that we wont be able to add ALL of those players. That is my fantasy Tigers 2006 team except Pena.

As for Jones, I dont think he will be in Atlanta too much longer bc he will cost them too much and they have young guys gaining ground again. Monroe is not an adequate center fielder especially for a team that plays in Comerica Park. He is versatile enough to fill in there at times when we are on the road but that is the extent of that bc he gets exposed at home.

July 15th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]