View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 21st, 2014, 9:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Tigers housekeeping/Granderson 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Tigers housekeeping/Granderson
Curtis's BA hasn't been phenomal this year, but I'm glad to see him up here. Thank God we got rid of Creek.

Quote:
Tigers place IF Polanco on DL, move Percival to 60-day DL

July 22, 2005
DETROIT (Ticker) - Prior to their contest against the Minnesota Twins on Friday, the Detroit Tigers made several moves, including placing infielder Placido Polanco on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left hamstring tendon.

Polanco, whom the Tigers acquired from the Philadelphia Phillies last month, was batting .324 with two home runs and 14 RBI in 27 games with Detroit. His move was retroactive to July 12.

The Tigers also transferred closer Troy Percival to the 60-day disabled list. He was placed on the 15-day DL on July 14, retroactive to July 10, with a partial tear of the right flexor pronator muscle mass.

Percival, who was sidelined with the same injury from May 8-June 4, has appeared in just 26 games for the Tigers this season, posting a 1-3 record with a 5.76 ERA and eight saves.

Also Friday, the Tigers recalled outfielder Curtis Granderson from Class AAA Toledo of the International League and designated pitcher Doug Creek for assignment.

July 22nd, 2005, 4:42 pm
Profile WWW
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

That's cool. I can't wait to see what Granderson can do on the Major League level.

Tim

July 22nd, 2005, 5:10 pm
League MVP

i saw him in toledo and he looks great, he just strikes out way too much. I question this some bc Thames is hitting over .400 and Pena around .350 but this could be the sign of some trades if Grandeson does well. Young, White or Monroe could get us something... Creek was worthless but left handed....

July 22nd, 2005, 8:32 pm
RIP Killer

He played pretty well tonight. He hit a nice shot to center I think it was. I thought it was going over the wall but bounced right at the track. The guy swung a solid bat (2-4 with a RBI) and can move out in the open field. What's up with Monroe knocking in 6 RBIs tonight and going 5-5? Where did his bat come from???

July 23rd, 2005, 1:14 am
League MVP

July 23rd, 2005, 11:06 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

What's up with Monroe knocking in 6 RBIs tonight and going 5-5? Where did his bat come from???

He has been boosting his average up for a while now, it was only a matter of time before he had an explosion.

The Legend wrote:
monroe = 2nd half superstar

headbang.gif

July 23rd, 2005, 1:47 pm
Profile WWW
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

How about Granderson! This guy is hitting in the mid .400's and has 2 homers and 2 triples since being called up. He is looking like he wants to stay and not go back to Toledo.

Monroe has been heating up for a while. It was only a matter of time before he busted a big game. BTW, he leads the team in RBI's.

Another stat I heard was that Shelton has been the leading hitter the AL since June 15th!

I see things coming together for a nice 2nd half run for us.

Tim

July 25th, 2005, 10:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]