View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2014, 9:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Should the Tigers try to hire Piniella??? 

Hire Piniella?
Yes 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
No 60%  60%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 5

Should the Tigers try to hire Piniella??? 
Modmin Dude

Post Should the Tigers try to hire Piniella???
With Lou Piniella accepting a buy out in Tampa Bay, do you think the Tigers should try to make him our next manager?

September 22nd, 2005, 1:26 pm
Heisman Winner

They should try, but the question is would Piniella even want to come to another bad ball club to try to re-build it. I think the tigers are moving in the right direction but should stick with Tram, until they are ready for a great coach that can polish them off to a playoff team. Maybe the Yankees miss the playoffs next year and they make the biggest mistake ever and fire their coach?

September 22nd, 2005, 1:33 pm
Modmin Dude

They should try, but the question is would Piniella even want to come to another bad ball club to try to re-build it. I think the tigers are moving in the right direction but should stick with Tram, until they are ready for a great coach that can polish them off to a playoff team. Maybe the Yankees miss the playoffs next year and they make the biggest mistake ever and fire their coach?

Good point. It would be so nice to see Torre in the Tigers dugout. I really don't see it happening even if he does get fired, but it would be nice.

September 22nd, 2005, 1:39 pm
QB Coach

Lou doesn't want to come to Detroit. He wants to go somewhere with talented players.

September 22nd, 2005, 7:20 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I wouldn't want Lou Panella anyways. The Tampa Bay Devil Rays have destroyed his soul :x !! Anyways..I think the talk is that the Tigers will probably hire Tim Leyland (coached the Florida Marlins to a world series!!). I definitely think Tram needs to be fired, and if he isn't then Dave Dombrowski is not doing his job!!

September 23rd, 2005, 4:28 pm
Profile YIM
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I definitely think Tram needs to be fired, and if he isn't then Dave Dombrowski is not doing his job!!

Why? No one could get a wild card out of that team. Its not Tram's fault believe me. As Guillen said, we have too many movie stars.

September 26th, 2005, 3:10 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Tram's not going to take this team anywhere. His cliche's are getting really old. His coaching hasn't been good.

He nearly saved his job a month ago, now I don't think so.

September 26th, 2005, 8:00 pm
Profile WWW
League MVP

trammel is done, he is supposed to be a good teacher who could learn how to manage. his players didnt play for him and while he didnt have loads of talent and a team ill suited to his home stadium he did little to show he can maximize performance with given talent. he sacrificed too many games early in the season resting players with the hopes of preserving players for the stretch only for a total collapse. he does a poor job of knowing when to go to his pen or pinch hitters and above all else, this team still does not play a sound all around game. errors, strikeouts, dont take walks, advance runners, etc.

October 1st, 2005, 2:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]