View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 22nd, 2014, 10:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Tigers' Monroe charged in shoplifting 
RIP Killer

Post Tigers' Monroe charged in shoplifting
Now you think if you made $335K a year you could just buy a $30 belt but I guess not. I just don't get what some people are thinking...

Tigers' Monroe charged in shoplifting

Florida store says he tried to take $29.98 belt
December 8, 2004
BY JIM SCHAEFER
FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

Tigers outfielder Craig Monroe claimed he was self-employed after sheriff's deputies in Florida arrested him for allegedly shoplifting a belt in a department store, authorities said Tuesday.

"He didn't say nothing about what he did for real," said Bob Carpenter, spokesman for the Charlotte County Sheriff's Office.

Deputies arrested Monroe last Friday at a Burdines-Macy's store in Port Charlotte, located on Florida's Gulf Coast north of Ft. Myers. A security officer told police he saw Monroe try on a Club Room belt, then pull his shirt over it and walk out of the store. The guard stopped Monroe and alerted authorities, who arrived and arrested him.

The belt sold for $29.98, police said. The Tigers paid Monroe $335,000 last season; be batted .293 with 18 home runs and 72 RBIs in 128 games.

"Stupidity, huh?" Carpenter said.

Monroe, who lives in Texarkana, Texas, and used to play for the minor league Charlotte Rangers, is charged with petty theft. He paid a $500 bond and is due back in court Dec. 15.

Tigers spokesman Brian Britten said Tuesday the team had no comment.

December 8th, 2004, 10:13 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Post Re: Tigers' Monroe charged in shoplifting
Pablo wrote:
Monroe, who lives in Texarkana, Texas

That's all I had to read right there and now I completely understand :lol:

December 8th, 2004, 10:20 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Monroe is actually my favorite player on the Tigers. He pointed to me in the stands when I went to a game, and made great plays. If only we didn't have Higginson, then he would get more significant playing time.

December 8th, 2004, 4:21 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

He pointed to me in the stands when I went to a game

:lol: Brian are you sure some large chested woman wasn't sitting behind you :lol:

Maybe its because the Wings income is gone so players are getting paid in Pizza Pizza

December 9th, 2004, 11:01 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

It was in 2003, when we sucked, and there was no one there, so i'll keep my hopes up! I was the only one cheering him.

December 9th, 2004, 10:27 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Maybe the better question is...Brian...are you are large chested woman?!?! :shock:

December 10th, 2004, 10:30 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]