View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 1st, 2014, 10:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Do you have any faith in Todd Jones as the Tigers Closer? 

Should Todd Jones be replaced as the Tigers closer?
Yes 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
No 71%  71%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 7

Do you have any faith in Todd Jones as the Tigers Closer? 
Varsity Captain

Post Do you have any faith in Todd Jones as the Tigers Closer?
I guess it wasn't a blown save but geesh, 4 runs and now his ERA is over 7. I don't have too much faith in him. Why not go with Zumaya as the closer?

June 15th, 2006, 2:03 am
Profile YIM

I have faith in the best closer on the Tiger's squad.. If it changes from Jones, to Zum, to Rodney throughout the year... and if it changes back.. I'm cool with it... Am I comfortable with Todd Jones and ONLY Todd Jones closing games for the rest of the season? No... but that's not what we're stuck with... WE'RE FINE!!!

June 15th, 2006, 2:47 am
Red Shirt Freshman

Another garbage poll with two answers...

I agree. I didn't even vote.

Leyland should use anyone that he believes will get the job done. If that means making Jones a setup guy until he ragains his form, then so be it.

"Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor..." -George Washington

June 15th, 2006, 9:57 am
Varsity Captain

O i'm sorry, Please enlighten me with your poll making knowledge

June 15th, 2006, 4:30 pm
Profile YIM
RIP Killer

Turd Jones should be cut. The guy is worthless. Whether he's got an 8 run lead or a 1 run lead...even to the the damn Royals...he'll still blow it.

June 16th, 2006, 12:59 am
O i'm sorry, Please enlighten me with your poll making knowledge

Put some thought into some viable options, and post 'em.. Try to cover as many bases as possible to get a true grasp of people's opinions... It's really not all that hard...

June 16th, 2006, 1:43 am
RIP Killer

Again - he's got a 5 run lead...he comes in and gives up a homer and a base hit. How hard is it to get an out? Rodney was doing very well and was yanked for the Tigers all-time save leader. The guy is a piece of trash.

He throws slow. He doesn't have Kenny Rogers-level of control. He's slow to react and can't move off the mound worth a damn. He says no to throwing a slider to a guy like Pujols and throws him a FB down the pipe.

He comes in for one inning and gives up runs...in some games he gives up multiple runs. Isn't a closer supposed to be a guy who can come in and clearly dominate for an inning and NOT give up runs?

The opposing BA is .355 and SLG is .466. 37 hits in 28 innings? Played for 9 teams since 2001? He's HORRIBLE and I hate him.

Why the hell has Walker only pitched a total of like 3 full innings the entire year? The guy is a solid reliever and never plays. What the hell?

June 23rd, 2006, 9:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]