View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 30th, 2014, 3:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Brandon Inge? 

Who should be the Detroit Tigers' 3B next season?
Poll ended at April 12th, 2006, 12:58 am
Brandon Inge 63%  63%  [ 10 ]
other 38%  38%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 16

Brandon Inge? 
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Post Brandon Inge?
Anyone else think the Detroit Tigers can do better than Brandon Inge at 3B? I'd rather have him for depth in the infield alongside Omar Infante. Anyways, let me know what you think!

January 2nd, 2006, 12:58 am
Profile YIM
Post Re: Brandon Inge?
adpreston1385 wrote:
Anyone else think the Detroit Tigers can do better than Brandon Inge at 3B? I'd rather have him for depth in the infield alongside Omar Infante. Anyways, let me know what you think!

C' mon... Brandon Inge or "other"... I'd be open to a discussion to other possible 3rd basemen, but at this point in the offseason who's left to get?... or who would you want to trade for? Shelton can play 3rd, but his glove and mobility isn't as good as Inge's... Inge has an awesome glove and his batting is up and down... the guy bats .400 for a while and then bats .130 for a while... I really think he just needs some good coaching/confidence.

January 2nd, 2006, 1:40 am
League MVP

shelton cant play 3rd, cmon. he can barely play 1st and was a catcher at some point in the minors but i dont think he was ever a 3b.

inge makes a lot of errors at 3b and his offensive numbers arent great. i think his value in a trade is now at its peak bc of his versatility and decent offensive stats. i would have loved for the tigers to have made a move on hank blalock to play 3b who was available as texas was looking for pitching but not anymore since the millwood signing. Aubrey Huff from TB would be an "other," i like his bat but he isnt that comfortable playing 3b. what i would look for would be a left handed power bat with average defensive skills.

my problem with the tigers is that they have been slow to build a team well suited for their park. we need a team focused primarily on speed, defense and pitching. The CF, SS, 2b, C, LF spots need to have great defenders. 1b, 3b, and DH are spots to fill some offense in with a defensive tradeoff. Plus we need at least one reliable LH power hitter as our parks dimensions make life miserable for RH power hitters. pitching, cluck's firing was long overdue. Dombrowski is trying to build a power pitching staff and cluck is teaching the power pitchers the opposite. I like our starters but the backside of the bullpen needs someone to step up. i think the new managerial staff could really help our pitching both with philosophy and with better timing of pitching changes.

January 3rd, 2006, 11:30 am
Junior Varsity

We need a 3B, but right now Inge is the best option.

Somehow i think we should find a better 3b and use Inge for utility.

January 29th, 2006, 6:10 pm
Bubbles the Lion

i heard they were gonna move guillen o 3d if his knee isnt workkin good enough for him 2 play SS

but then we wouldnt have SS, but inge is decent, he has a hell of an arm and he can kinda hit sometimes, and isnt that bad of a fielder cuz he s very athletic

they had guillen playing 1st in the world baseball classic for venezula, but idk if thats just to get his bat in the line up

-=-MK-=-

March 15th, 2006, 1:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]