View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 23rd, 2014, 12:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 New and Improved Bullpen 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post New and Improved Bullpen
http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/det/news/det_news.jsp?ymd=20050209&content_id=941077&vkey=news_det&fext=.jsp

It seems like a good signing, but he has been erratic over the years. But it looks like the Bullpen won't be the laughingstock of the league this year.

Thoughts?

February 10th, 2005, 9:26 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I hear the prospects we gave up were pretty good though...thoughts????

February 10th, 2005, 11:42 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

I liked Novoa... but his transition from Erie to Detroit was rough, I remember going to the Boston-Detroit game, he came in, and let in 3 runs I believe. My brother knows more about baseball than I do, he says the prospects we gave up are nothing. Said Scott Moore was a bust, and we have this guy named Cody Kirkland that we got from the Pirates that is better.

Don't know if Farnsworth is the answer to our pitching problems though... we need an ace more than more middle of the rotation guys. Although we did blow a lot of games last year.

February 10th, 2005, 11:03 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I was initailly excited about Farnsworth until I read a couple of articles by the Chicago sports guys. Last August he got raked on the field and threw his glove into the stands and knocked over several items in the clubhouse. I dont think the Tigers need another "cancer" as some of the Chicago guys listed him.

February 15th, 2005, 7:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]