View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 19th, 2014, 11:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 MLB.... 
Post MLB....
What the hell does any of this have to do with middle line backers! ??? :shock:

:D

:idea:

Football on the mind... but in all sincerity... the Tigers BETTER do something this offseason... Did anyone hear the details of the "blockbuster" deal we turned down on Tuesday????

From what I hear the trade was Verlander, Granderson, and a minor league prospect for Javier V?zquez... Personally I think with proper training Verlander himself can be better than Javier V?zquez, but that's just my opinion.... Thoughts???

December 7th, 2005, 7:02 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Bogus rumor, I would have been furious if it would have went through.

I really hope that White is resigned, even with his injury problems.

December 7th, 2005, 10:11 pm
Profile WWW
Stadium Announcer

It wasn't Verlander, it was Zumaya. I still wouldn't like the deal because i think Granderson is a great player. I'd do Zumaya, Logan, and another prospect for Vazquez

December 7th, 2005, 10:28 pm
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

TODD JONES? what year is it? wow, we are going nowwhere. jim leyland have fun being alan trammell this year. its hard to make it seem like you are a flawless manager when the team loses 90 games a year...

December 7th, 2005, 11:00 pm
TODD JONES? what year is it? wow, we are going nowwhere. jim leyland have fun being alan trammell this year. its hard to make it seem like you are a flawless manager when the team loses 90 games a year...

I think you will see a dramatic improvement within the organization even if we don't change any personnel. Allen Trammel was a horrible manager, and he was a terrible personnel guy. How many lead off batters did we have last year? How many games did he play Inge despite going 0 - 30ish... What was the deal with Pena/Shelton? What was the deal in C field with Thames, Granderson, Monroe, Logan? We lacked consistency. We lacked professionalism. And we lacked a clear devisive plan. Firing Trammel was a good decision, and even if we don't make ONE roster move Leyland will win us 10-20 more games.

December 7th, 2005, 11:26 pm

Hmmmmm

June 14th, 2006, 12:31 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

To be fair, I don't think anyone thought that we would have the number 1 record in the majors at this or any point in the season.

June 14th, 2006, 1:17 pm
Profile WWW
To be fair, I don't think anyone thought that we would have the number 1 record in the majors at this or any point in the season.

Bsand... It's not about thinking we would have the #1 record... It's about saying we "are going nowwhere," and saying it so emphaticly, as if it is a matter of fact... I expected us to be behind Chicago, and battling with Cleveland for the #2 spot, and maybe even losing out on that right. I expected us to be slightly better than .500 this year... That's improvement, and I would have been happy with it... But after vehemently condemning the signing of Rogers, who has been the biggest asset to our pitching staff, and the single biggest contributor regarding personnel, one should expect to eat a little crow. His vetran leadership and steady performances, especially when the team is sliding, are invaluable to our squad.

June 14th, 2006, 1:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]