View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 20th, 2014, 6:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Tigers' Bulletin Tigers acquire Sean Casey from Pittsburgh 
RIP Killer

So, that will help the SP's arms recover between starts. Hopefully KR will benefit from it.

Our record sure won't recover from that. I just want this team to finish with the best record in the league. 110 games is what we've been teased with all season. They're 70-35 and I would like to see them break that 110 game plateau. They've played like they should do it and don't need a breakdown in the 2nd half of the season...KR needs to get his *** in gear and stop throwing like a woman out there. Where's the KR that retires 14 batters in a row? Miner looks more confident out there :evil:

August 1st, 2006, 9:17 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Don't worry CO2, Verlander is ptching tonight! So that should be win #71. But I agree about Rogers, what is going on with him? I know he is 41 and it is a long season, but he needs to just have control and pitch into 'spots' like Maddux does and he'll be fine. Besides, once Maroth returns, I see no worries.

Tim

August 1st, 2006, 10:59 am
RIP Killer

Thames has been in a funk nearly as long as Shelton it seems...he shouldn't have gotten the DH nod IMO, DY should have. DY is showing he's got his bat back and the DH spot should have his name on it.

I can't wait until Maroth comes back.

Edit: I love it! -- Casey and Clevlen both homered. Granderson better watch out if Clevlen keeps hitting like this.

August 1st, 2006, 8:11 pm

Edit: I love it! -- Casey and Clevlen both homered. Granderson better watch out if Clevlen keeps hitting like this.

Clevlen hit 2! Verlander won his 14th!! And Guillen hit for the cycle!!! This team can do no wrong this season!!!!

On a side note, Cameron Maybin is hitting .317 in class A ball and Leyland was singing his praises. I'm so glad we didn't trade him for Soriano.

Tim

August 2nd, 2006, 11:03 am
Veteran General Manager

Quote:

Clevlen hit 2! Verlander won his 14th!! And Guillen hit for the cycle!!! This team can do no wrong this season!!!!

On a side note, Cameron Maybin is hitting .317 in class A ball and Leyland was singing his praises. I'm so glad we didn't trade him for Soriano.

I seriously doubt that Dumbrowski ever even entertained the idea of trading Maybin. The Nats nay have made that offer. But, I can nearly gauranty you that Dumbrowski's response was something akin to, " YOU CANNOT BE FRIGGIN SERIOUS :!: GET THE PHAACK OUT OF HERE WITH THAT LAME @$$ MANURE :!: "

I do like Soriano. But, not if it cost us Maybin or one of our top 3 starting Pitching prospects.

I am actually holding out hope that we can sign Soriano and Abreu as FA's this offseason. Can you imagine how invincable the Tigers would look going into Spring Training next season?

August 2nd, 2006, 11:25 am

You're right, Billy Sims. Dombrowski even said that he never brought up Maybin's name, Nat's GM Jim Bowden was the one who insisted on getting Maybin. Dombrowski said no way.

Soriano would be a great offseason pickup. Unfortunatley, Abreau is not an option since he is signed thru next season.

Tim

August 2nd, 2006, 11:46 am
Veteran General Manager

You're right, Billy Sims. Dombrowski even said that he never brought up Maybin's name, Nat's GM Jim Bowden was the one who insisted on getting Maybin. Dombrowski said no way.

Soriano would be a great offseason pickup. Unfortunatley, Abreau is not an option since he is signed thru next season.

I thought Abreu was a FA after the season. My bad.

August 2nd, 2006, 12:02 pm

That's cool. He has 1 more year left after this season and then a club option for another.......

Tim

August 2nd, 2006, 1:52 pm
Red Shirt Freshman

Quote:

That's cool. He has 1 more year left after this season and then a club option for another.......

It doesn't matter either way. He's been quoted as saying that he would never come to Detroit.

What position would you put Soriano at?

"Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor..." -George Washington

August 2nd, 2006, 3:50 pm
Veteran General Manager

TADOne wrote:
Quote:

It doesn't matter either way. He's been quoted as saying that he would never come to Detroit.

What position would you put Soriano at?

Soriano would be a significant upgrade, at least offensively ( not sure about his defense), at 2nd base. He wouldn't be very much of an upgrade in the OF.

August 2nd, 2006, 4:45 pm
Red Shirt Freshman

Half the reason he was put into the OF is because his bad fielding at 2nd. I heard that he would've been put at 1st.

But we got casey instead. That is an upgrade there at least.

"Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor..." -George Washington

August 2nd, 2006, 5:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2