View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 19th, 2014, 1:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Dmitri Young cut & Maroth activated from DL 
RIP Killer

Post Dmitri Young cut & Maroth activated from DL
Young cut for poor performance

Maroth activated from DL - to work from pen for awhile.

September 6th, 2006, 10:16 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Great news about Maroth being back. He will be great help out the pen.

This thing with Young getting released is baffling to me. They said he was released due to performance, but NO ONE on the team has been hitting. And he was a veteran presence in the lockerroom and a left handed bat that we could use in the playoffs. On top of that, his roster spot wasn't needed to add Maroth since we sent Spurling down again. Just baffling all around.....

Tim

September 7th, 2006, 9:42 am
From what I've heard he's very volitile and it is his locker-room presence that may have got him canned... If you look at the team record with and without Young in the line-up it is pretty telling... For what it's worth, T. Foster said there were tons of players speaking out about how crazy and volitile Young is and tons of players saying they didn't want him in the locker-room...

September 7th, 2006, 9:52 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

From what I've heard he's very volitile and it is his locker-room presence that may have got him canned... If you look at the team record with and without Young in the line-up it is pretty telling... For what it's worth, T. Foster said there were tons of players speaking out about how crazy and volitile Young is and tons of players saying they didn't want him in the locker-room...

Not that I am disputing this, but there where tons of quotes from players who were surprised he was let go and quite a few who said he was a consummate proffessional. But I tend to think you may be more accurate because it makes no sense to cut him at this time.....

Tim

September 7th, 2006, 11:19 am
Quote:

Not that I am disputing this, but there where tons of quotes from players who were surprised he was let go and quite a few who said he was a consummate proffessional. But I tend to think you may be more accurate because it makes no sense to cut him at this time.....

They were talking about it on WDFN this morning... I think both accounts are right... They said that the team was "so behind DY" that they more or less put him in front of the team. I don't think it was a divided locker room or anything, but it seems that he had his staunch supporters and it detracted from the over-all team continuity. Some teammates apparently commented off the record about it, but that seems to be the most plausible situation given the facts and recent events.

September 7th, 2006, 12:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]