View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 21st, 2014, 12:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 WORLD SERIES! 
RIP Killer

Post WORLD SERIES!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HOLY FREAKING CRAP! It's absolutely nuts in my place. I have a few friends who I converted to bandwagon Tigers fans and it's going crazy.

Mags with a 3 run walkoff shot. I couldn't believe it. Rachel asked me if Mags was any good and I said, yeah, but he's pretty much boom or bust; he hasn't been real consistant for the past month...and BAM, GW HR!

Tigers in 6 over the Mets.

October 14th, 2006, 8:04 pm
Pop Warner Allstar

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

October 14th, 2006, 9:02 pm
Profile WWW
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

This is simply amazing. After emulating the Lions for so many years, the Tigers are finally returning to The Big Show! This will be the third time in my lifetime that they have been there, but the first time that I might have a chance to go. Tickets go on sale at 10 AM Monday and I'm gonna try my hardest to land tickets to one game. The prices are about $175-$250 per seat, but I think it would be worth it. Besides, since I refuse to attend a Lion game this year, I have the extra cash available.

GO TIGERS!!!!

October 15th, 2006, 12:10 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Ditto to all post. I'm just amazed at what this team has done this year. I was satisfied enough after coming back and beating the Yankees, and now a trip to the World Series. Just unbelievable!!! This will also be my third time to witness the Tigers in the World Series, hopefully it will be just as exciting and rewarding for me as it was back in 1968 and 1984. Even if we don't win the series we cannot fault this team at all, we must embrace their effort and accomplishments and say to ourselve what a treat it has been this year.

October 15th, 2006, 11:35 am
This is simply amazing. After emulating the Lions for so many years, the Tigers are finally returning to The Big Show! This will be the third time in my lifetime that they have been there, but the first time that I might have a chance to go. Tickets go on sale at 10 AM Monday and I'm gonna try my hardest to land tickets to one game. The prices are about $175-$250 per seat, but I think it would be worth it. Besides, since I refuse to attend a Lion game this year, I have the extra cash available.

GO TIGERS!!!!

And note... At least for the Tigers it started at the top with sound management and team building from someone with experience that has done it before... The Tiger's were responsible enough to go out and get Dombrowski, let him more or less have free reign over the team, and look at the results.... I wish the Lions would do the same...

Take note WCF, take note...

October 15th, 2006, 4:32 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I cried when I heard it on the radio. This is so amazing. This has more that made up for two years of being a fan of the worst team in baseball. Bring it on NL!!!!!

October 15th, 2006, 7:16 pm
Profile WWW
Bubbles the Lion

what are peoples thoughts on the Tigers having a week to prepare?

Mets vs Cards now tied at 2 so they will be playing well into the week, where as the Tigers won on Saturday and have a week to sit and wait. Momentum lost? Chance for a rest good or bad?

October 16th, 2006, 9:23 am
Veteran General Manager

Mets vs Cards now tied at 2 so they will be playing well into the week, where as the Tigers won on Saturday and have a week to sit and wait. Momentum lost? Chance for a rest good or bad?

Limey,

Good point. I was just going to post about this same subject. But, you beat me to it.

The Tigers were on such a roll that I hate to see it drift away do to a week of inactivity. It is nearly impossible to maintain a competitive edge when you are sitting arround waiting.

I wonder what teams do in this situation. Is it possible to bring in another team that has been elliminated from post season to do a couple of scrimmage games? I hope the Tigers at least do a couple intra squad scrimmage games using a combination of minor leaguers and major leaguers where no pitcher pitches more than 1 inning each scrimmage.

October 16th, 2006, 9:51 am

limey wrote:

Limey,

Good point. I was just going to post about this same subject. But, you beat me to it.

The Tigers were on such a roll that I hate to see it drift away do to a week of inactivity. It is nearly impossible to maintain a competitive edge when you are sitting arround waiting.

I wonder what teams do in this situation. Is it possible to bring in another team that has been elliminated from post season to do a couple of scrimmage games? I hope the Tigers at least do a couple intra squad scrimmage games using a combination of minor leaguers and major leaguers where no pitcher pitches more than 1 inning each scrimmage.

Our biggest disadvantage will be the possibility of loosing all of our momentum. I'm sure Leyland will have them scrimmange to stay sharp and in game situations.

Some of the advantages I see is that it will give us time to heal some of our injuries, get Zumaya back to 100% and hopefully Sean Casey will be healed enough to contribute, it would be nice to get that left handed bat back in the lineup. Another advantage it allows us to line up our pitching rotation by where they will all be rested and Leyland can set the rotation as he wants it. Now if the Mets and Cards go seven games I see that as another advantage for us to where they will most likely max our their pitching with very little time for rest in-between series.

October 16th, 2006, 2:41 pm
BillySims wrote:
limey wrote:

Limey,

Our biggest disadvantage will be the possibility of loosing all of our momentum. I'm sure Leyland will have them scrimmange to stay sharp and in game situations.

Some of the advantages I see is that it will give us time to heal some of our injuries, get Zumaya back to 100% and hopefully Sean Casey will be healed enough to contribute, it would be nice to get that left handed bat back in the lineup. Another advantage it allows us to line up our pitching rotation by where they will all be rested and Leyland can set the rotation as he wants it. Now if the Mets and Cards go seven games I see that as another advantage for us to where they will most likely max our their pitching with very little time for rest in-between series.

IMO considering the advantages and disadvantages, we're better off having the week of rest... We're going to have a rested pitching staff and hopefully a 100% Zumaya!... That's huge!!!... Especially when we know we only need to win four more games to win it all... We can cash in and over work for two weekends our pitchers, while their guys are going into this thing over-worked...

October 16th, 2006, 2:56 pm
RIP Killer

The Mets going 7 games hurts our chances in that Hernandez and El Duque have more time to heal as well. Those are two that I do NOT want in the rotation.

Anyone else have the feeling that Delgado and Beltran are going to own Bondo?

The only pitcher I'm really worried about is Bondo. I think Rogers should do pretty well, Verlander should do well, and Roberston should do well. I just am really worried about Bondo and his tendency to give up bombs.

October 16th, 2006, 3:11 pm

The Mets going 7 games hurts our chances in that Hernandez and El Duque have more time to heal as well. Those are two that I do NOT want in the rotation.

I think the series starts Saturday no matter what, unless mother nature gets in the way, so if they are healed by Saturday we will have to deal with it. Not sure of the deadline of naming your series roster, so the Mets might have to make a gamble. I still think if it the Mets/Cards goes seven games is an advantage for us, that is an extra day on either bullpen that could really play out to be a factor three our four games into the series. Go Tigers!

October 16th, 2006, 3:20 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Anyone else have the feeling that Delgado and Beltran are going to own Bondo?

The only pitcher I'm really worried about is Bondo. I think Rogers should do pretty well, Verlander should do well, and Roberston should do well. I just am really worried about Bondo and his tendency to give up bombs.

I'm not worried at all about the Mets rotation, even if those 2 somehow make it back. We pretty much owned the A's pitchers, and they have some of the best arms in the business. I think our lineup w/ Polanco in it is very balanced top to bottom. Our pitching speaks for itself, and I actually think Bondo will be fine. With the Mets lineup, they may make it a 7 game series, but I think we dispatch them in 6.

As for the Cardinals, they just do not scare me at all. I know Pujols is the best hitter in the game, but the rest of their lineup is very average. Their pitching is around the same as the A's, and we batted around them. I look for a sweep or 5 game series if we play the Cardinals.

Tim

October 16th, 2006, 3:48 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

I like the layoff because it allows us to match our rotation against the Mets/Cards starters better.

I am still unsure how they will manage the rotation - I am unsure if Robertson or Verlander goes in game 4 and who to put in game 1.

October 16th, 2006, 7:07 pm
RIP Killer

Tonight's NLCS game is the 2nd game of the series cancelled. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday if necessary is what it's looking like, right? Was the NLCS supposed to end on Wednesday or Thursday originally? I thought Wednesday was supposed to be game 7.

October 16th, 2006, 8:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next