View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 21st, 2014, 9:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Tickets? 
Varsity Benchwarmer

Post Tickets?
Anyone get tickets for the WS?

October 16th, 2006, 3:29 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Nope. I logged on at exactly 10 AM and my request continued to "process" for 50 minutes before I timed out or something. On well. I didn't think I had much of a chance anyways.

October 16th, 2006, 3:33 pm
I got a ticket to game 1 from my boss, and game 2 from my g/f! :D... Who else is goin'!!!????

October 17th, 2006, 12:17 am

I've got some good news and some bad news.

I won the lottery to purchase two World Series tickets tomorrow morning.

The bad news is that it's for games 3-5 in St. Louis and they haven't even made it yet. Besides, I only registered for the ticket lottery at my sister's request, so the tickets belong to her if I get them.

Then again, I could always lie to her and say that I didn't get them and go myself. :lol:

October 18th, 2006, 12:21 pm

Upon further review, the Cardinals have an amazing system in place to prevent scalping. I had to give tons of info to register for the lottery. When (if?) I purchase the tickets tomorrow, I have to give the exact same name and address or else they will cancel my purchase. Furthermore, the tickets will not be mailed. They have to be picked up at the stadium with the ID of the person that purchased the tickets.

I kinda like the system, but when you're buying the tickets from out of state for somebody else, it just doesn't work. It's too bad that I took my last week of vacation this week instead of next. Otherwise, I probably would be going to the World Series. :( Then again, I can afford to take time off without pay, so..... :D

October 18th, 2006, 3:41 pm
Upon further review, the Cardinals have an amazing system in place to prevent scalping. I had to give tons of info to register for the lottery. When (if?) I purchase the tickets tomorrow, I have to give the exact same name and address or else they will cancel my purchase. Furthermore, the tickets will not be mailed. They have to be picked up at the stadium with the ID of the person that purchased the tickets.

I kinda like the system, but when you're buying the tickets from out of state for somebody else, it just doesn't work. It's too bad that I took my last week of vacation this week instead of next. Otherwise, I probably would be going to the World Series. :( Then again, I can afford to take time off without pay, so..... :D

That's pretty cool Sly... Too bad about the Vacation crap... Hopefully you'll still get to go, but wouldn't it be cheaper at this point just to buck up and pay 2,000 to go to a game here??? There is a loophole in the MI law (and I think all state laws governing ticket scalping) in that if you're from out of state you can sell your tickets for any price you'd wish. I'm guessing it is a lack of jurisdiction problem for MI to prosecute someone in, say, FLA... I don't understand how people can "list" their tickets for sale on www.detroittigers.com for over 1100 each!?... They must be paying some kind of commission or something??? It's sponsored by the Tigers so I can't see it being illegal. Does anyone know how that works?

October 18th, 2006, 10:33 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

The process of them selling the tickets online thru the Tigers website is legal and yes, they charge you 10% from whatever you sell them for. There were articles in both the Free Press and Detroit News on this. I think it's kind of messed up that the Tigers can do it, but then say that if you do it on Ebay or Stubhub its illegal. I mean, once you buy the tickets, they are YOUR property. But what do I know?

Tim

October 19th, 2006, 12:29 pm

Wanna hear some BS? I won the lottery to purchase tickets to a WS game in St. Louis, but when I logged on at 10 AM, the only tickets they had available were standing room or single seats. I kept trying to see if better seats became available, but they never did. Therefore, I said screw it. Why did they even bother to have a drawing?

October 20th, 2006, 11:32 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I saw on the news last night on this side of the state that you could still buy World Series tickets in Detroit from the Illitch Group. The only catch was that you had to buy at least 20 Red Wings tickets along with the World Series ticket. I wasn't paying that close of attention so I don't know if I have all of the facts straight or not. Talk about holding a gun to your head :o Does anybody know if this is really true or did the news cast get it screwed up?

October 20th, 2006, 12:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]