View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 22nd, 2014, 11:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 The return of Juan Gone? 
Veteran General Manager

Post The return of Juan Gone?
Quote:
MLB Rumors
Add to My Yahoo! RSS
Gonzalez may return to bigs

Monday, Feb 5, 2007 9:39 am EST
Juan Gonzalez

Getty Images

Juan Gonzalez says at least four major league teams are interested in signing him for the 2007 season, and he is looking forward to reporting to a club for spring training in a few weeks.

According to published reports in Puerto Rico, the Los Angeles Angels, Detroit Tigers and Baltimore Orioles have expressed interest in signing the former two-time American League MVP.

Source: MLB.com

February 6th, 2007, 12:28 pm
NFL Team Captain

Does Juan bat lefthanded? Cause if he dosen't we should forget about him IMO.

February 6th, 2007, 3:18 pm

He's a greedy, money-hungry, cry-baby, whining, bitch that's always "injured"... I don't care if he bats while doing a hand-stand, we learned our lesson once with this guy and IMO he shouldn't be welcomed back. Juan is a "me-first" type of player... I don't want any of those guys on our "team"...

I wouldn't give this guy one million a year to be our DH...

February 7th, 2007, 11:05 am
Veteran General Manager

jomo269 wrote:

He's a greedy, money-hungry, cry-baby, whining, bitch that's always "injured"... I don't care if he bats while doing a hand-stand, we learned our lesson once with this guy and IMO he shouldn't be welcomed back. Juan is a "me-first" type of player... I don't want any of those guys on our "team"...

I wouldn't give this guy one million a year to be our DH...

Quote:
He's a greedy, money-hungry,

He turned down $140 Million so he could play elsewhere for far less.

Other than that, I completely agree with you.

February 7th, 2007, 11:08 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I am shocked to hear this from a guy who loves to defend T.O. I dont want Gonzo either but you are always the first person to defend TO who is the ultimate "me first" player.

The phone rings at 3AM in the White House, McCain replies call me at 9:30

February 8th, 2007, 7:34 am
wjb21ndtown wrote:

I am shocked to hear this from a guy who loves to defend T.O. I dont want Gonzo either but you are always the first person to defend TO who is the ultimate "me first" player.

I don't see TO as a me-first player (center of attention maybe, but not me-first... from what I see he complains more when the team loses, not when he doesn't get the ball)... I don't see him as being greedy either... I think he deserved every bit of what's he's made where he's made it. I think Baltimore did try to take advantage of his situation, and I think his contract in Phili was disingenuous and he would have been cut the following year... I also think his criticism of McNabb was appropriate.

Furthermore... At least he EARNS his paycheck... Regardless of what anyone thinks of him his recovery to play in the SB was amazing...

Contrast that with Juan's "sore back" "sore ankel" "sore pinky toe" and there you have the reason I can't stand Gonzalez....

February 12th, 2007, 6:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]