View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 5:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Tigers do it again... 
Post Tigers do it again...
Tigers just drafted the best HS prospect, and arguably the best pitcher in the draft, Frederick Porcello, at pick 27!!!... Like Miller Porcello is supposed to be a "hard-to-sign" prospect, which is why he fell as far as he did. He's supposed to be a direct comparison to Justin Verlander... Similar size, similar velocity, similar types of pitches... However, the league is cracking down on teams that give more than the alotted slot amount for their pick, which we've been known to do... The contract negotiations should be interesting, but I have confidence that Illitch and Dombrowski can get it done... Our rotation is going to be amazing if this kid pans out...

June 7th, 2007, 4:45 pm
National Champion

June 7th, 2007, 6:31 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Very intriguing prospect. Baseball America had him as the 4th best prospect in the draft. Also had him rated as the top high school pitcher. Just amazing how much we have lucked out in the last 3 drafts. I agree wjb, if this guys pans out, our rotation will just be lethal.

Also of note, the Tigers drafted pitchers w/ 5 out of their 6 draft picks on the 1st day. I think Dombrowski is a damn smart GM....

Tim

June 8th, 2007, 9:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]