View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 23rd, 2014, 9:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Turd Jones strikes again! 
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Post Turd Jones strikes again!
Wow, what a great comeback for the Tiger's after being down 7-0 and chipping away at the lead. Bonderman showed heart w/ his performance from the 3rd inning on after getting behind early. Sheff's clutch double and Magg's dramatic homer off K-Rod of all people was spectacular!

Then in marches Turd Jones who proceeds to give up a double to Guerrero and then wild pitches him home! That is Turd's 2nd blown save in a week.......... :x

Tim

April 25th, 2007, 9:10 am
RIP Killer

All last season I said this guy blows. He only wins when he's got a nice lead. In a 1 or 2 run game, the guy makes you cringe. This guy is crap.

April 25th, 2007, 12:55 pm
Heisman Winner

All last season I said this guy blows. He only wins when he's got a nice lead. In a 1 or 2 run game, the guy makes you cringe. This guy is crap.

He's a closer he only comes in with a 1-3 run lead. :roll:

April 25th, 2007, 2:27 pm
RIP Killer

conversion02 wrote:

He's a closer he only comes in with a 1-3 run lead. :roll:

Not necessarily. There were a ton of games last year he came into the game for a SVO with a 2+ run lead and squandered all but 1 run away...if he didn't blow the save.

If it's a 1 run game, I expect him to blow it. How many times last year were we up by 1 or 2 runs and Turd comes in, gives up a hit and then a blast that goes 380 and almost clears the wall but is chased down by an OFer? Far too damn often.

In regards to the better closers, when they come in the game, do you have to hold your breath while they're putting man after man on base? No, because they don't put men on base. They get groundouts and SOs. Turd gives up hits and flies.

April 25th, 2007, 4:26 pm
Varsity 1st Team

If it's a 1 run game, I expect him to blow it. How many times last year were we up by 1 or 2 runs and Turd comes in, gives up a hit and then a blast that goes 380 and almost clears the wall but is chased down by an OFer? Far too damn often.

Thats why he is called the Rollercoaster. I can't find any stats about how many saves he blew last year though, anybody know?

April 25th, 2007, 4:46 pm
Peanut and Beer Salesman

That's why they call him the roller coaster.

Last edited by michiganbob2 on November 14th, 2007, 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 25th, 2007, 4:53 pm
RIP Killer

This time, he blew a THREE RUN LEAD in the 9th. This guy is a joke and I'm sick of him costing us games. Hell, Seay or any other chump on the roster pitches as well, if not better than Jones every outing.

June 27th, 2007, 7:47 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Actually CO2, it was actually a tie game at 6-6 when Leyland put in the Turd. We actually came back from 3 runs down in the bottom of the eighth to tie the score, only for Jones to cough it right back up.

What I don't understand is that De La Cruz had gotten the last 2 outs of the eighth inning and Leyland could have stuck with him in the ninth, being it was a tie game and not a save situation.

Thing is, our whole bullpen blew this one. Robertson only gave up 1 run and Grilli and Byrd proceeded to give up 5 themselves.

On a side note, Rodney is going on the DL again! :(

Tim

June 27th, 2007, 10:03 am
Actually CO2, it was actually a tie game at 6-6 when Leyland put in the Turd. We actually came back from 3 runs down in the bottom of the eighth to tie the score, only for Jones to cough it right back up.

What I don't understand is that De La Cruz had gotten the last 2 outs of the eighth inning and Leyland could have stuck with him in the ninth, being it was a tie game and not a save situation.

Thing is, our whole bullpen blew this one. Robertson only gave up 1 run and Grilli and Byrd proceeded to give up 5 themselves.

Rodney is only going on the DL because the all-star break is coming up. They said he had a mild tendonitis in his throwing arm, which is allegedly what was effecting his velocity.

Our bullpen sucks right now.. Hopefulyl McBride works out...

June 27th, 2007, 11:54 am
Hall of Fame Player

As far as Turd goes. Yeah he will blow about 8-9 saves each year. But, he seams to always end up with 35-40 successful saves.

June 27th, 2007, 12:04 pm
Anyone know when Zumya will return?

As far as Turd goes. Yeah he will blow about 8-9 saves each year. But, he seams to always end up with 35-40 successful saves.

Supposedly mid-August according to him, next season according to the docs... We'll see I guess...

I don't mind Jones, but IMO he rides on luck... He gets TONS of long fly balls that go his way. IMO that isn't talented pitching, but luck. Proving my point is what we saw last night... When we didn't catch some of those long fly balls and they racked up a bunch of points on us...

IMO our biggest mistake was not pulling Grilli earlier though...

June 27th, 2007, 12:10 pm
Div 1 - Starter

TADOne wrote:

Rodney is only going on the DL because the all-star break is coming up. They said he had a mild tendonitis in his throwing arm, which is allegedly what was effecting his velocity.

Our bullpen sucks right now.. Hopefulyl McBride works out...

McBride sucks. I watched him two weeks ago cranking up the penny carousel for Boston. The guy walked in two runs. That is the worst case scenario. He's a definite downgrade on Ledezma. I don't entire understand the waiver conundrum facing the Tigers with Ledezma, but I was sorry to see him go. I liked his competitive fire.

My favorite day ever as a Lions fan.

Somehow landing the Ndamo-nator would be the second best day ever.

June 27th, 2007, 8:51 pm
RIP Killer

Actually CO2, it was actually a tie game at 6-6 when Leyland put in the Turd. We actually came back from 3 runs down in the bottom of the eighth to tie the score, only for Jones to cough it right back up

My bad, I meant he gave up 3 runs, not that he blew a 3 run lead. Either way, dood still blows. I don't know why he didn't leave De La Cruz in longer when he was pitching well. Robertson pitched a nice game and could have stayed in longer, I think he should have finished the 6th. Grilli and Byrdak pitched horribly. Grilli has been pitching well as of late, which is surprising he was rattled as bad as he was so early. Maybe JL just wanted to give the pen some work.

June 27th, 2007, 9:25 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

i agree, jones is walking way too many. last year was much more acceptable bc while he gave up the same amount of hits he wasnt handing out the free passes as much. im also pretty ticked with the ledezma trade. ledezma IMO will become a major league starter and they traded that for a a guy who seems to only be able to get out LH batters and doesnt seem to project as a closer. they shouldnt have cared about the waiver wire poop bc ledezma was not the logical choice to send down - grilli, seay, byrdak - none are as good as ledezma. also, i hope the player to be named for maroth turns out to be decent bc maroth will win 12-15 games a year for the cardinals for the next 4-5 seasons. i really hope they didnt just give him away.

June 29th, 2007, 12:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]