View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 1:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 WHAT THE $*%@ 
RIP Killer

Post WHAT THE $*%@
This is the worst baseball I've seen the Tiger play in a long time. They're getting absolutely torched...not just their pen, but their starters. They're getting decent run support, but they're pitching staff is getting absolutely owned since the break it seems.

Bondo just torched for 10 earned in 2.1 innings? Give me an F'ing break.

Luckily, Cleveland is sucking total butt along with us.

We've been pretty lucky that we haven't had a complete meltdown so far this season, up until now. I know they'll get their crap together and make a solid August run for the playoffs, but stop screwing around.

Sorry for the short rant, but this is damn pathetic.

July 29th, 2007, 9:35 pm
Relax Convo... IMO this is all a product of their crazy schedule lately... They look worn out and out of sinq, something you can't be in baseball... If your timing is off in baseball, you get the terrible crap that they've been fielding lately... It'll straighten out...

July 30th, 2007, 4:53 pm
NFL Team Captain

Your right WJB. I just hope that don't take their sweet time about changing it. Cleveland will come around soon let's hope the Tigs com on before that.

July 30th, 2007, 9:28 pm
RIP Killer

I'm worried about the Indians AND the Mariners. Not just if the Indians take first place, but if the Tigs can't hold onto first, they won't even beat out the Mariners for the wild card.

July 30th, 2007, 10:28 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I was feeling the same way, CO2. Luckily, Jordan Tata came in for the injured Rogers and gave us our 1st quality start in about 2 weeks. We are still 1 game up on the Indians, so the universe is still in order. Hopefully we can keep the momentum going tonight against the A's.

Tim

July 31st, 2007, 11:06 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I've stopped watching them for the time being. They are in a slump in all three phases of the game and they will eventually snap out of it. Since the season is 162 games long, I can easily miss 10 games or so until they turn it around. It's better than watching the crap they've been playing lately and getting pissed off about it.

Besides, isn't it better to get the slump out of the way now instead of waiting until the end of the season like they did last year? It cost them the Central Division Title, but they snapped out of it during the playoffs.

August 1st, 2007, 6:47 pm

Besides, isn't it better to get the slump out of the way now instead of waiting until the end of the season like they did last year? It cost them the Central Division Title, but they snapped out of it during the playoffs.

Great point Sly. I agree w/ you. Luckily, the Indians haven't fared much better but the Yankees are coming on strong. They are only 2 games back in the wild card! God, I hate them.

Tim

August 2nd, 2007, 9:41 am

Well, I'm done watching the Tigers for now. They are slumping BAD right now. I know they will eventually get out of this funk, but the dang Yankees are only a 1/2 game back right now!

Tim

August 6th, 2007, 10:25 am
Varsity 1st Team

Oh ye of little faith. You can't just stop watching your teams when they play bad. Thats only a stones throw from a bandwagon fan. As a Lions fan, I know you can stick out a 5 game losing streak.

August 6th, 2007, 11:17 am
RIP Killer

Oh ye of little faith. You can't just stop watching your teams when they play bad. Thats only a stones throw from a bandwagon fan. As a Lions fan, I know you can stick out a 5 game losing streak.

Ah, but you see the difference here is that baseball is boring... lol ;)

August 6th, 2007, 11:54 am

Actually, I wasn't implying that i wasn't behind the Tigers or jumping ship. I also stated that I know they will get out of this funk that they are in. All I was simply saying was that I am not watching right now for my own health benefits. LOL. I can only take so much yelling at the TV and raising my blood pressure. I get enough of that from the Lions. LOL. But, unlike the Leos, i know the Tigers will play themselves out of this.

Tim

August 6th, 2007, 12:37 pm
RIP Killer

Another ass-stomping. 8-1 loss to the rays...Bondo gives up 7 in 6 IP. Seriously, this team needs to get their heads out of their A$$ES and start WINNING some damn games. Playoffs or bust.

August 9th, 2007, 9:36 pm

Yeah, it's looking pretty pathetic and dire, especially w/ the Yanks and Indians games looming on the horizon. Leyland laid it out pretty good after the game, bluntly stating that we look like we don't 'want it'. He even placed blame on everyone, from himself, the coaching staff, and on down to every single player.

Also, you have to love this comment from JL:

On Thursday, Leyland was asked about the challenge of motivating successful players.

Quote:
"I don't try to motivate anybody," he said. "If I have to motivate major league ballplayers, I should go home. If they have to be motivated, they should go home.

"That's OK for a high school football game, when you build them up all week, Friday night, get ready, all that rah-rah (stuff). When you've got to motivate people making five, six, 10, 15, 20 million a year, they've got a problem.

Hopefully, the players will start to realize what's at stake....

Tim

August 10th, 2007, 9:58 am
Site Admin

"Going down down down in a ring of fire" :?

August 10th, 2007, 10:06 am
Profile WWW
National Champion

If you would have told me in spring training that on Aug 16th the tigers would be tied for first with Rogers, Zumya, Rodney, Robertson, Bonderman all on the DL at one timeor another this season , I would say you were dreaming or been drinking too Much kool Aid. But its happened and now they survived all those injuries and now there just underachieving thats the problem.

August 16th, 2007, 4:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]