View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 29th, 2014, 4:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 ARE YOU READY for the LIONS season? 
RIP Killer

Post ARE YOU READY for the LIONS season?
I am so pumped up for the first game in Chicago to end the losing streak and see all the new pieces in action (Roy & KJ especially). I'm even pumped up for the first preseason game against PIT that will be shown on the NFL network! Don't know about y'all, but I haven't been this excited since a guy who will be inducted into the hall of fame this weekend doned the blue and silver! GO LIONS!

August 6th, 2004, 9:33 am
Profile WWW
Towel Boy

You betcha I'm ready for this season to begin. Really would like to see the Lions sign another guard - would have like Kendall - but if we have to saty with loverne, I can't imagine that's much different than having Beverly over there.

August 6th, 2004, 3:43 pm

Don't forget about Page, he will be competing with Loverne (and Joyce for that matter) if we don't sign Kendall. I've heard Kendall is in "talks" with the Dolphins and I'm sure the Lions don't want to get into any kind of bidding war with another team and overpay for him. They have too many OL to resign (or sign to long-term deals now) next season!

August 6th, 2004, 4:08 pm
Towel Boy

Here's my problem: The Lions are working Page at T, not G like originally planned. They are using Loverne as the starter, with Joyce an option. The problem with all three of these guys is that they are very good backups. I don't want the Lions having holes when they are so close to being a complete team. Kendall is a jerk, but he's a starter-quality jerk that would have completed what already is a pretty impressive line.

August 6th, 2004, 4:12 pm
That's interesting having Page work at tackle, do you know if he is working at left or right (where I'm assuming Butler is working). I totally agree with you that those guys are all of "backup" quality! Sorry about the multiple post - I was on a crazy MAC but switched back to my PC...

August 6th, 2004, 4:17 pm
Water Boy

Hey y'all. This is a really nice board. Good luck to the Lions this year

August 6th, 2004, 5:35 pm
Fair Weather Fan

There has been articles in the Ann Arbor news on the Lions contacting Kendall and interested in signing him, hopefully this dictates the future! They also said in the article that Page has been struggling in camp and can't even beat out Loverne! I may have to see this for myself!

August 6th, 2004, 6:42 pm
Fair Weather Fan

DAMN! Looks like the Jets just signed Kendall...I hope this comes back to bite Denny Green in the....:)

August 6th, 2004, 6:43 pm
RIP Killer

There's still a long way to go in camps and more cuts to be made. I would prefer the Lions to commit to youth on offense and along the line. Plus I'm routing for the Jets this year in the AFC - I hope Ricks does well (right Mrs. ELR), Pennington stays healthy, Santana continues like he ended and they make the playoffs.

Nice to see you on the Boards HckyBeast13!

August 6th, 2004, 6:53 pm
Profile WWW
Fair Weather Fan

August 6th, 2004, 7:58 pm
RIP Killer

Absolutely - keep an eye on him this season and the Jets. The Lions are obviously still my #1 - always! :roll:

August 7th, 2004, 6:05 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

That was a bummer losing Ricks...he had wheels and was a major deep threat...luckily their only mistake this offseason :wink:

August 7th, 2004, 7:25 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

He shouldn't have too much trouble knocking Becht out of the starting lineup. Hopefully he can become the same target he was for Harrington for Pennington as well.

Barrett Green is in a decent situation as well in New York. I'm rooting for him as well, he was a solid hard-worker on the Lions, but I am glad we didn't pay too much to keep him here.

August 8th, 2004, 1:56 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Yeah, Barrett got his Green! While both Green and Ricks are in NY - you gotta like Ricks situation much better! :D

August 9th, 2004, 9:33 am
Profile WWW
Baton Girl

More than ready! I say the Lions will be 8-8 this season. But watch out next season.

August 9th, 2004, 5:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]