View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 9:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 MLB RUMOR: Tigers pursuing Farnsworth 
Post MLB RUMOR: Tigers pursuing Farnsworth
Quote:
Thursday, Jul 26, 2007 10:22 am EDT

AP
The Detroit Tigers are interested in New York Yankees' reliever Kyle Farnsworth.

According to multiple sources, the Tigers are looking to make a deal that would bring Farnsworth back to the team he pitched for in 2005.

The Tigers would like to add Texas Rangers' closer Eric Gagne but he likely will balk at a deal that sends him to a team where he can't close.

It pisses me off to read reports that say Gagne wouldn't be able to close here. IMO we should offer the Rangers' Todd Jones as part of the package. Gagne only has this year left on his contract, and Zumaya is perhaps our future closer. Why not deal Jones to Texas and a pitching prospect for Gagne and upgrade our closer for at least the rest of this season? IMO it's a win win situation, but we seem to be married to Jones for some reason. IMO it's disgusting.

July 26th, 2007, 12:53 pm
Stadium Announcer

Something has to happen with that bullpen because they SUCK right now!

July 26th, 2007, 7:27 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I agree, wjb. Unfortunately, the Rangers are on record as wanting one or two high ceiling prospects in exchange for Gagne. They have mentioned wanting no less than Cameron Maybin and/or Andrew Miller for Gagne. That just is not happening.

As for Farnsworth, he hasn't been very productive or consistent since that short stint w/ us. Thanks, but no thanks.....

Tim

July 27th, 2007, 10:24 am
I agree, wjb. Unfortunately, the Rangers are on record as wanting one or two high ceiling prospects in exchange for Gagne. They have mentioned wanting no less than Cameron Maybin and/or Andrew Miller for Gagne. That just is not happening.

As for Farnsworth, he hasn't been very productive or consistent since that short stint w/ us. Thanks, but no thanks.....

I agree TAD... I certainly wouldn't give up anyone of Maybin's potential to rent Gagne for one season... I would give up Jones, and perhaps someone along the lines of Miner, or one or two minor league pitchers. IMO that's fair compensation... Gagne isn't sticking around Texas after this season anyhow.

July 28th, 2007, 11:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]