View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 23rd, 2014, 1:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Michigan #1 in preseason media poll 
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Post Michigan #1 in preseason media poll
Figured I would kick off some discussion about the upcoming college football season. In the preseason poll, the media picked UM to finish #1 in the Big Ten, with Wisconsin #2 and OSU #3.

Kind of surprised about the OSU ranking, but they did lose alot offensively and the Badgers did only lose 1 game last season.

UM returns heisman hopefuls Mike Hart and Chad Henne, top LT Jake Long, and superb receiver Mario Manningham. Michigan's question marks is their defense, but Ron English, the UM defensive coordinator, has praised the young guys coming in.

Should be a great college season. Thoughts?

Tim

August 2nd, 2007, 12:18 pm
Veteran General Manager

August 2nd, 2007, 12:58 pm

:idea: :idea: :idea:

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

August 2nd, 2007, 2:47 pm
QB Coach

As always I am exicted for any football to start and Michigan should have a great year. The offense is going to be great but I am a little worried about the defense. We got torched by OSU and USC in the passing game. Also we lost how many starters on D? If the new guys step it up and we find a way to defend the 3 receiver sets we'll be ok, but if not the O should be able to win games.

August 2nd, 2007, 3:21 pm
Veteran General Manager

Where's MSU ranked???

:idea: :idea: :idea:

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

In the basement :!: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Which is as it should be. :lol:

August 2nd, 2007, 4:06 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Michigan is clearly the top team in the Big Ten this season. Nearly everyone has been saying that since before last season even ended. Their offense should be unstoppable (despite the fact that Chad Henne is their QB) and their defense should be decent. Sure, they lost a lot of players on that side of the ball to the NFL, but some of their younger guys showed promise last year. With that said, Wisconsin appears to be their only difficult game, so they should be 12-0 or 11-1 heading into the bowls.

August 2nd, 2007, 6:49 pm

Wow Sly. Wisconsin the only difficult game? OSU, regardless of who they lost and regardless of what their record may be when we play them, is always a difficult game. And we play these 2 teams in back to back weeks at the end of the season. Both are home games, but I'm worried that the Wisconsin game might take so much out of us the week before OSU that we might have a letdown for that game.

Tim

August 3rd, 2007, 9:35 am
Varsity 1st Team

I don't think its possible to have a letdown game against Ohio State. If anything, be worried about them overlooking Wisconsin.

August 3rd, 2007, 10:20 am
QB Coach

Wisconsin has been listed as the sleeper Big 10 Champion. Many College guys are saying that they will take it from the big 2, and the only hope for Michigan is to develop a defense and quick.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

August 5th, 2007, 3:33 pm
RIP Killer

Mich will be strong offensively, but dot forget their defense won't be as tough. I think it is just plain stupid and short sighted to think OSU won't be a hard game. When has it ever been an easy win no matter what the rankings? I think the media sees the OSU offense as lost to the NFL, but we will see how the next gen players stack up this year. It will be interesing non the less.

August 6th, 2007, 11:43 am

Mich will be strong offensively, but dot forget their defense won't be as tough. I think it is just plain stupid and short sighted to think OSU won't be a hard game. When has it ever been an easy win no matter what the rankings? I think the media sees the OSU offense as lost to the NFL, but we will see how the next gen players stack up this year. It will be interesing non the less.

I agree and know that OSU will be a tough game regardless of where the preseaon rankings are right now. OSU's offense is basically in the same spot as our defense is coming into the year. Replacing top talent. But I think our defense may shape up a little quicker than OSU's offense. But regardless, both teams have top recruits filling in these holes, so neither can really complain too much.

Tim

August 6th, 2007, 12:42 pm
RIP Killer

Quote:

I agree and know that OSU will be a tough game regardless of where the preseaon rankings are right now. OSU's offense is basically in the same spot as our defense is coming into the year. Replacing top talent. But I think our defense may shape up a little quicker than OSU's offense. But regardless, both teams have top recruits filling in these holes, so neither can really complain too much.

Preseason polls can only takeinto account returning talent, which is why i don't put a lot of stock into them. Do we know how good Mich defense will rebound? Nope, but looking at their replacement, could they?

Same for the OSU offense, they got some good possibly great talent to replace the guys that left, but just because they are unproven they are going to get ranked lower. We will see how it all rolls out but I have a feeling OSU's offense will surprise people.

August 6th, 2007, 3:25 pm
QB Coach

So much for this being a good season. Way to lose to App. State.

Last edited by inheritedlionsfan on September 1st, 2007, 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 1st, 2007, 3:50 pm
Stadium Announcer

Holy crap Michigan! 34-32! I'm not really for or against Michigan, but Appalachian State? Two blocked FGs in a row? I wish I had Big Ten channel.

September 1st, 2007, 3:51 pm
Varsity 1st Team

Goodbye championship

September 1st, 2007, 4:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next