View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 7:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 I hate to admit it... 
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Post I hate to admit it...
I hate to say it but the Oline is horriable at run blocking. We have got to get better run blocking lineman. I wish we would be in position Elton Brown from Virginia the guy is the next Larry Allen

October 11th, 2004, 3:14 pm
Site Admin

I said this b4 and someone shot me down :?

October 11th, 2004, 4:59 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

I said this as well. We are a good Pass-Blocking O-Line, but aren't good at opening up holes. Pinner got his yards not because of open areas to run, but because he slammed into people, and got yards after contact. OG needs to be addressed. Maybe Raiola goes, Woody is moved to center, and we draft Elton Brown, who appears to be the front runner for the top offensive guard prospect spot.

We also need to improve our pass defense, whether it be getting a feared pass rusher, or a ball hawk in the secondary. Can be filled in the draft by Erasmus James of Wisconsin, or a junior at safety: Thomas Jones, UGA. Darren Howard is a free-agent at the end of the year, so I would assume he could be a possibility. Neverless, OG, DE, and S appear to be our main needs at this point.

October 11th, 2004, 11:55 pm
Profile WWW

Alpha you were right. But it was the first game. I guess I was in denial.

October 12th, 2004, 8:22 am
RIP Killer

I don't expect much turnover in the O-Line next year. Backus and Woody are starting for sure. If the team resigns McDougle, that's 3 of the 5 positions set. In fact, Loverne could be the only one replaced next year if DR stays at center. Besides a new starting guard (perhaps) - what do you guys think will happen to improve the run blocking?

October 12th, 2004, 10:30 am
Profile WWW

Cory Schlesinger being at 100% would help. The Biggest problem I see is the line never get to the linebackers they are the guys who are killing the running back. Plus we never get past the second level for a long run. Jones and Pinner both are avg. 3.0 yards per carry and they have one touchdown between them. On the plus side the backs havent fumbled. I dont know what would fix the running game. I wish I had the answer because IMO that what will keep the lions out of the playoffs

October 12th, 2004, 11:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]