View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 2nd, 2014, 8:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Hradek: Red Wings are "a little" worse 
Modmin Dude

Post Hradek: Red Wings are "a little" worse
Freep.com wrote:
Hradek: Red Wings are "a little" worse

August 31, 2007

ESPN hockey writer E.J. Hradek writes that the Red Wings are "a little" worse off compared with last season.

Hradek writes:

On the Wings getting to 100 points for the eighth straight season: "I figure the Red Wings will get to the century mark again this season, but I don't think they will get to 113 (like last season). So, I guess that means they won't be quite as good."

On GM Ken Holland: "The best GM in the league."

On signing Brian Rafalski to replace defense Mathieu Schneider, who left for Anaheim: "In the short term, I'd take Schneider over Rafalski. This move, however, was made with an eye on the bigger picture. After all, the ex-Devil figures to have more miles left on the odometer."

On defenseman Danny Markov: "Markov, 31, remains a free agent. Holland might bring him back but only at the right price."

On the team overall: "The Wings again will be a formidable club. They have a few promising kids, some emerging young stars and several special veterans. I don't think they'll put up as many points as last season, but I'll be very surprised if they don't win the Central Division."

Find this article at:
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti ... 31006/1053

August 31st, 2007, 4:17 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I was disappointed when we lost Schineider (sp). Does anyone know anything about his replacement?

September 1st, 2007, 8:16 pm
Profile WWW
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I was disappointed when we lost Schineider (sp). Does anyone know anything about his replacement?

Rafalski is basically the exact same type of player as Schneider, only several years younger. On top of that, he's from Michigan (I think Dearborn) so he should step up his game even more in front of the hometown crowd. I really like the signing and he has many more years left in the tank than Schneider does.

September 2nd, 2007, 11:49 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

All I care it getting to the playoffs and winning some games.. 113 don't mean a thing if you don't bring home the trophy..

Go Wings

I get to see them play the Bolts on the 24th!!! YES!!!!

September 3rd, 2007, 5:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]