View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 2:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Michigan #1 in preseason media poll 
RIP Killer

I usually root for michigan for everything but Ohio state... but when you are playing a 1aa team and lose... it's hard not to smile...

September 1st, 2007, 4:53 pm
RIP Killer

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

September 1st, 2007, 5:30 pm
Profile WWW
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I've had a day to calm down, so where should I begin? I knew the defense was going to struggle early until they gained experience, but I didn't expect that. The biggest disappointment to me was the defensive line. They were supposed to compensate for an inadequate secondary, but they couldn't sustain a pass rush and they couldn't even stop the freakin run against a smaller offensive line. If they don't get their act together soon, they're going to get mauled against the Big Ten opponents.

Michigan might have the most talented offensive skill players in the nation with Hart, Manningham, Arrington, Matthews, and Massey, but that doesn't matter when your QB sucks donkey balls. I've been complaining about Chad Henne for years now, but most of you have bought into his hype. The main problem is that he hasn't improved his deficiencies at all since his Freshman year. He still has no pocket awareness, makes poor decisions, locks onto one WR, and has average accuracy at best. He looks better than he actually is because his receivers are able to get to and adjust to poorly thrown passes. Shame on me for thinking the Michigan offense would be unstoppable when this POS is taking the snaps.

September 2nd, 2007, 11:44 am
QB Coach

At least after this season we don't have to endure Henne any more.

September 2nd, 2007, 12:23 pm
:finger: Pablo!
I've had a day to calm down, so where should I begin? I knew the defense was going to struggle early until they gained experience, but I didn't expect that. The biggest disappointment to me was the defensive line. They were supposed to compensate for an inadequate secondary, but they couldn't sustain a pass rush and they couldn't even stop the freakin run against a smaller offensive line. If they don't get their act together soon, they're going to get mauled against the Big Ten opponents.

Michigan might have the most talented offensive skill players in the nation with Hart, Manningham, Arrington, Matthews, and Massey, but that doesn't matter when your QB sucks donkey balls. I've been complaining about Chad Henne for years now, but most of you have bought into his hype. The main problem is that he hasn't improved his deficiencies at all since his Freshman year. He still has no pocket awareness, makes poor decisions, locks onto one WR, and has average accuracy at best. He looks better than he actually is because his receivers are able to get to and adjust to poorly thrown passes. Shame on me for thinking the Michigan offense would be unstoppable when this POS is taking the snaps.

Sly, I was at the game... The biggest disappointment BY FAR was the offensive line... The defense struggled as a unit the first quater, but really turned it on in the 2nd 1/2 (until the final two possessions). You can blame Henne if you want to, and he should shoulder some of the blame, but he was rushed, hurried, flushed out of the pocket, sacked and hit WAY more than he should have been having one of the allegedly best LT's in college football... EVERYONE on our OL looked bad in pass protection (and even run blocking in the first 1/2), including Long.

As far as Carr goes... you may or may not know that he elected to go for two 2pnt conversions in the 2nd 1/2 (failed on both attempts) and we lost the game by 2pnts. I've always been taught to take the guaranteed points until the final few minutes of the game. That conventional wisdom would have at least gotten us into over-time. Along with that, U of M is consistently unprepared for 2nd rate teams, the consistently under estimate opponents, and they are consistently "late bloomers." Every year they seem to start slow and get better as the season goes on. While that is true for nearly every NCAA football, the difference between the lack of preparedness at the beginning of the season is striking for U of M. Look at Louisiana... they put up 72 the first week... U of M's offense couldn't have put up 72 points if we were playing a scrimage against our 2nd string defense.

September 2nd, 2007, 2:42 pm
QB Coach

Yea I was mad about missing two 2pt conversions as well when it would have been better to take the points which turned out to be the margin of defeat.

However App. State kicked the winning field goal on I believe first and goal from the 5 yard line. There was about 30 seconds left and even with no timeouts the could have tried 2 or 3 plays for the win, had we kicked both times and made the score 34-31, knowing that if they avoided a turn-over they could have kicked for the tie.

So even if we had done the right thing and kicked both extra points and been up 34-31 we still would have had to stop them on the 5 yard line at least twice, and even then we would have had to go to OT.

September 2nd, 2007, 4:12 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Quote:

I used to defend Henne and really thought he was going to have a big year because of the fact he had lost weight and we started incorporating the shotgun into the offense in the offseason. Well, I am done defending him. I just want to 2nd Sly's comments. Henne is horrible. Bring on Ryan Mallett!

wjb wrote:

Quote:
Sly, I was at the game... The biggest disappointment BY FAR was the offensive line... The defense struggled as a unit the first quater, but really turned it on in the 2nd 1/2 (until the final two possessions). You can blame Henne if you want to, and he should shoulder some of the blame, but he was rushed, hurried, flushed out of the pocket, sacked and hit WAY more than he should have been having one of the allegedly best LT's in college football... EVERYONE on our OL looked bad in pass protection (and even run blocking in the first 1/2), including Long.

I also 2nd what wjb wrote here. I would also have to add that the line also looked horrible in blocking for FG's as well. It was a complete breakdown on the final blocked FG where they overloaded the left side and Michigan did not adjust. That is just very poor coaching AND recognition by the players.....

Tim

September 4th, 2007, 9:22 am

wjb, while I wasn't at the game, I have DirecTV now and watched it from start til finish. You are correct about the offensive line and bad decisions by Lloyd Carr. I just made a quick post about a couple of areas and didn't hit upon everything. I agree that attempting the two consecutive two point conversions was a bad idea and that rests solely on Carr's shoulders. I've never been a huge supporter of his and I'll agree that it's time for him to go. Keep in mind that the first conversion failed because Henne lost the snap. Just another reason why I hate him so much. I should also add that even though he was hurried frequently, Henne made several poor throws when he was not.

September 4th, 2007, 6:55 pm
NFL Team Captain

Henne made a nice throw to put the Wolverines in a position to win the game! We just blew the opportunity by allowing Appy to block the damn thing.

While I agree Henne made mistakes, the whole team looked like crap and highly unprepared!

Carr should have been fired the next day!

September 8th, 2007, 7:46 pm

For all you Henne fans out there, re-watch his second sack of the game. All he had to do is sidestep 6 inches to the left or right to avoid it. Being the POS that he is, he just stood there like a statue. Don't even get me started on his errant throws.

September 9th, 2007, 8:22 am
RIP Killer

This Mich debacle is getting sad guys... I would be TICKED if I were a Mich fan.

September 9th, 2007, 8:28 am
Rookie Player of the Year

For all you Henne fans out there, re-watch his second sack of the game. All he had to do is sidestep 6 inches to the left or right to avoid it. Being the POS that he is, he just stood there like a statue. Don't even get me started on his errant throws.

That's why I've always called him a lesser version of Bledsoe. If the first loss didn't help hopefully this one does as far leading them to get rid of the preseason polls and wait a few weeks into the season to put out a poll.

September 9th, 2007, 8:49 am

This Mich debacle is getting sad guys... I would be TICKED if I were a Mich fan.

I am Steensn, very much so. But instead of letting anger consume me, I'm channeling my energy to the 1-0 Lions!! and the Tigers playoff push (which isn't looking too great either). I'm done spending my Saturday's watching this sad team for the time being......

Tim

September 10th, 2007, 9:37 am
RIP Killer

Why don't y'all start focusing on a real college football team.

GO GREEN! GO WHITE!

September 10th, 2007, 4:25 pm
Profile WWW

Why don't y'all start focusing on a real college football team.

GO GREEN! GO WHITE!

LMAO!

Go away, Pablo new_snipersmilie.gif

Tim

September 10th, 2007, 5:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next