View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 9:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Discussion: Kevin Jones Fantasy Value 
QB Coach

Post Discussion: Kevin Jones Fantasy Value
What do you think Jones' fantasy value will be for this season? He is likely to begin on PUP but if he heals up all the way could come back fresh in Week 7. I took a flier out on him in the second to last round of a draft last night because I have enough bench space to keep him there for a few weeks. Anyways, I just wanted to hear everybody's take on it.

August 31st, 2007, 12:01 pm
Heisman Winner

Post Re: Discussion: Kevin Jones Fantasy Value
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
What do you think Jones' fantasy value will be for this season? He is likely to begin on PUP but if he heals up all the way could come back fresh in Week 7. I took a flier out on him in the second to last round of a draft last night because I have enough bench space to keep him there for a few weeks. Anyways, I just wanted to hear everybody's take on it.

That's where I was going to take him as well, but someone stole him from me in round 10. People must feel he has value still, I don't think I would waste a middle round pick but that's just me.

August 31st, 2007, 2:12 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I got KJ in the 9th round of a 16 team keeper league tonight. Since LT is my starting RB, I consider that to be great value since SD doesn't have a bye until week 7.

August 31st, 2007, 9:35 pm
RIP Killer

I got KJ in the 9th round of a 16 team keeper league tonight. Since LT is my starting RB, I consider that to be great value since SD doesn't have a bye until week 7.

Not bad, that should work out well for you.

August 31st, 2007, 10:02 pm
RIP Killer

Not bad, that should work out well for you.

August 31st, 2007, 10:03 pm
Pro Bowl Player

great spot to take him, not much to lose at that point... if he is healthy he should be back to catching passes for crazy Martz... if you can afford to sit on him it wasnt a bad pick...

September 3rd, 2007, 11:39 am
RIP Killer

But when he comes back, who's to say he'll become the "workhorse"? It all depends on how well Bell is catching the ball. Bell is a threat and a home-run type runner, so the Jones-to-Bell dropoff is actually minimal. Jones is solid, but he's no all-pro like many make him out to be. I've got Jones man-love, but I don't see any difference between him and Bell.

I personally would rather have Duckett as our starting back over Jones. With the way our OL has been run blocking, we need a big body (I wanted Davenport last year) who can get the tough 2-3 yards a pop gauranteed...someone who will rarely be TFL. Jones runs hard, but he doesn't always get the tough yards, and when he does try to get the tough yards, he runs with the intent to injure himself...did anyone ever tell him that you're not supposed to run AT the defender?

September 3rd, 2007, 2:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]