View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 18th, 2014, 5:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Ohio State has a GREAT chance to make it to the Championship 
RIP Killer

Post Ohio State has a GREAT chance to make it to the Championship
Wow, after this weekend OSU could repeat and go to the National Championship game this year.

Facts:

1) Currently sitting at #4, only Cal(#3), USC(#2), and LSU(#1) are ahead of them.
2) Cal(#3) plays USC(#2), so one has to drop out from in front of OSU
3) Look at LSU's schedule:

10/06 #9 Florida 8:00 PM
10/13 at #8 Kentucky TBD
10/20 Auburn 8:00 PM
11/03 at Alabama 5:00 PM
11/10 La Tech 8:00 PM
11/17 at Ole Miss TBD
11/23 Arkansas 3:30 PM

That is rough and prime for a loss.

4) If Cal wins, they still have to play a pretty tough schedule and get past Washington, who almost upset a few teams so far...

5) OSU has a pretty "easy" schedule, I know there is still Mich St., Wisconsin, and Mich... but compared to LSU's sched, that is not that tough. Mich is always a scary game because of the rivalry, but they havn't proven anything this year.

OSU, as long as they win out, has a GREAT chance to make it.

(now all I have to hope is that we don't screw it up...)

October 1st, 2007, 10:06 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Ohio State has a GREAT chance to make it to the Champion
steensn wrote:
Wow, after this weekend OSU could repeat and go to the National Championship game this year.

Facts:

1) Currently sitting at #4, only Cal(#3), USC(#2), and LSU(#1) are ahead of them.

10/13 at #8 Kentucky TBD
11/17 at Ole Miss TBD

4) If Cal wins, they still have to play a pretty tough schedule and get past Washington, who almost upset a few teams so far...

5) OSU has a pretty "easy" schedule, I know there is still Mich St., Wisconsin, and Mich... but compared to LSU's sched, that is not that tough. Mich is always a scary game because of the rivalry, but they havn't proven anything this year.

As we saw this weekend, anything can happen.

NEVER GIVE UP!

October 1st, 2007, 11:28 am
Heisman Winner

Post Re: Ohio State has a GREAT chance to make it to the Champion
steensn wrote:

Facts:

10/13 at #8 Kentucky TBD
11/17 at Ole Miss TBD

In all seriousness why would OSU want to get embarrassed again? I don't think any of the Big Ten teams would have a chance against Cal USC or LSU.

October 1st, 2007, 12:54 pm
RIP Killer

No, prolly not, but to go to the big game again is an accomplishment. I think going in as a underdog rather than overated is a bit different too.

October 1st, 2007, 1:17 pm
You can champion the ease of OSU's schedule as a reason they might make it to the championship game, but it will also hurt them. The only real team they play all season is Wisconsin, and they're terribly over-rated right now. When you talk about Wisonsin you're talking about a team that BARELY beat MSU last week, and MSU isn't even ranked...

I wouldn't be surprised with OSU's schedule that they are leap-frogged even if they don't end up losing a game... But U of M at the big house is going to be huge... LoL.. especially if U of M is STILL unranked at the end of the season... Even a close game with an unranked team may hurt their chances...

IMO your scheduling was too conservative this year to make it, but we'll see I guess... At the same time it could have been too aggressive (if they lose).

October 1st, 2007, 5:03 pm
RIP Killer

You can champion the ease of OSU's schedule as a reason they might make it to the championship game, but it will also hurt them. The only real team they play all season is Wisconsin, and they're terribly over-rated right now. When you talk about Wisonsin you're talking about a team that BARELY beat MSU last week, and MSU isn't even ranked...

I wouldn't be surprised with OSU's schedule that they are leap-frogged even if they don't end up losing a game... But U of M at the big house is going to be huge... LoL.. especially if U of M is STILL unranked at the end of the season... Even a close game with an unranked team may hurt their chances...

IMO your scheduling was too conservative this year to make it, but we'll see I guess... At the same time it could have been too aggressive (if they lose).

i really don't think it hurts them unless the teams they play loss a lot of non-conf games. The BCS' strength of schedule is based solely on win-loss.

The fact we beat Washington convinsingly more than USC sho almost got beat at least gives us a measuring stick. Washington also has to play Cal, which again gives us something to take a measuring stick to.

October 1st, 2007, 5:10 pm
RIP Killer

One down, 1-2 to go... lets go USC against Cal!!!

October 8th, 2007, 8:52 am
RIP Killer

Now we just gotta not mess it up like everyone else...

October 13th, 2007, 10:43 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

October 14th, 2007, 10:16 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Being a UM fan, I hate the fact that OSU is #1. But the good thing is that every #1 team so far this year has lost. Is OSU next? Penn State and UM are the only real obstacles left. The only thing UM has left to play for is the BigTen title and upsetting OSU's championship bid, so hopefully we can make that happen.

PS- No offense Steensn :wink:

Tim

October 15th, 2007, 10:41 am
RIP Killer

Being a UM fan, I hate the fact that OSU is #1. But the good thing is that every #1 team so far this year has lost. Is OSU next? Penn State and UM are the only real obstacles left. The only thing UM has left to play for is the BigTen title and upsetting OSU's championship bid, so hopefully we can make that happen.

PS- No offense Steensn :wink:

Ah, come on... I root for UM if they aren't playing OSU. My ideal spot now would be being #2 right after UM making our game the big game again.

Don't forget we also play Wisconsin.

October 15th, 2007, 12:40 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I forgot about that, but Wisconsin is folding like a lawn chair.....

Tim

October 15th, 2007, 1:37 pm
RIP Killer

Quote:

I forgot about that, but Wisconsin is folding like a lawn chair.....

True, but with Stanford beating USC, App State beating Mich, Oregon beating Cal., etc, etc...

I'm not taking any game out of the picture...

October 15th, 2007, 1:47 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Don't forget how many #1's have fallen this year.. Ohio State is next on the list... mark my words.

NEVER GIVE UP!

October 15th, 2007, 2:29 pm
Heisman Winner

Don't forget how many #1's have fallen this year.. Ohio State is next on the list... mark my words.

MSU
MSU
MSU

October 15th, 2007, 9:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next