View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 20th, 2014, 6:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Question 
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Post Question
Iam in an $1,000 dollar eleminator poll. I have a side bet with a friend he says I will not take the Lions. Iam thinking real hard of taking them this week. You guys that post on here are smart football guys. Iam asking for your opinion, would i be crazy for taking them this week? Let me know.

Last edited by lionsfanva on October 13th, 2004, 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 13th, 2004, 11:09 am
RIP Killer

I think I might save the Lions till they face the Bears at home. Green Bay will be like a wounded animal - and you know what they say about them.

What are your other choices?

October 13th, 2004, 11:14 am
Profile WWW

Ive used New England, Seattle, NY Jets, and Indy

We dont do the first week to many get knocked out first round.

October 13th, 2004, 11:25 am
RIP Killer

humm, looking at the schedule this week is going to be tough. Out of the teams you have left I would say I like Philly over Carolina (another wounded animal though). Too bad you used the Jets cause I really like them over the niners.

The Lions do look like one of your better choices. Who would have thought the Lions over the Packers would look like one of your best bets when the season began - wow!

October 13th, 2004, 11:37 am
Profile WWW

The only reason I would take the Eagles is because they are coming off the bye week

October 13th, 2004, 11:43 am
Cheerleader

October 13th, 2004, 12:38 pm
RIP Killer

atlanta is the bet of the week

First, welcome to the Lionbacker board bobv!

After watching the Falcons offense struggle against the Lions last week they don't look like a good bet against anybody. Vick doesn't look comfortable in the WCO. Their only touchdown came after the Lions made the Falcons rekick a punt in which they pulled off a trick play to keep the ball, later converted a 4th down, penalties, etc... They didn't look very good.

Heck, they only beat the pitiful Cards by a score of 6-3. Atlanta looks in a funk to me.

October 13th, 2004, 1:14 pm
Profile WWW
Cheerleader

thanks for the welcome......this is a great site.....i've been a die hard, passionate fan of the lions for 37 years and to top it off i am a die hard red sox fan as well (what a combo).......i'm from the northeast coast............talk about dedicated......i hear you regarding atlanta but i think tomlinson is slightly different away from home and atlanta has something to prove at home.....i think vick is going to have a monster game and i think their defense is going to keep tomlinson in check.........i think there is something behind the line being 6.......somethings up in vegas.......good luck because there are tough picks this week...

October 13th, 2004, 4:41 pm
RIP Killer

Lions and Red Sox - that is really hardcore. So far so good for both.

Good luck against the Yankee's, who I hate about as much as the Cowgirls... :twisted:

October 13th, 2004, 5:40 pm
Profile WWW
Stats Boy

I agree with the wounded animal theory but, Favre has always had a difficult time in Detroit and the 12th man really likes to get on him. The D is playing strong and Mooch has bragging rights on this game with his hometown aquaintences. Look for Detroit to try to take another step forward instead of the usual two steps back after one step forward.

Lions to win.

Mooch

October 14th, 2004, 7:01 am
Site Admin

I had a feeling bout Atlantas fruad status and I have a good feeling about this game...plus I might quite possibly be there and they have a damn good record when I am there :D

Thanks to Pablo I made it to the St.Louis game last year and we kick their tails...how huge would 4-1 be??? With 2-0 in conference???!!! From what I hear we could smite GBs playoff hopes with a win :twisted:

October 14th, 2004, 10:02 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

bobv wrote:
atlanta is the bet of the week

Heck, they only beat the pitiful Cards by a score of 6-3. Atlanta looks in a funk to me.

I know you weren't insulting my Cards...

October 14th, 2004, 2:52 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

It would be hard to bet on the Lions this week. The Pack have always played us tough in Detroit, but their defense is in funk this week. To say they need this win would be an understatement. I still think we win, but I wouldn't bet on it, like I would against the Bears.

Lions by 6.

October 14th, 2004, 2:54 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Brian is very good about this stuff, I'd pay attention.

Brian - yes I was insulting your Cards... :evil:

October 15th, 2004, 5:49 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Hey, the Cards aren't going to lose this week! LOL

Another reason I love bye weeks :D

October 17th, 2004, 5:06 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next