View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 26th, 2014, 3:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Zumaya out till midseason 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Zumaya out till midseason
http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20071101&content_id=2290421&vkey=pr_det&fext=.jsp&c_id=det

Effing wildfires...

November 1st, 2007, 2:45 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

Um, granted I don't follow the Tigers that much, but what do the wildfires have to do with Zumaya?

November 1st, 2007, 3:21 pm
Um, granted I don't follow the Tigers that much, but what do the wildfires have to do with Zumaya?

Read the article... It says that Zumaya was injured while removing personal items from a home due to protect them from the California wildfires.

November 1st, 2007, 3:39 pm
National Champion

this sucks. Atleast it happened early in the offseason they can make plans for life without him.

November 1st, 2007, 3:43 pm
Modmin Dude

TheRealWags wrote:

Read the article... It says that Zumaya was injured while removing personal items from a home due to protect them from the California wildfires.

:oops: Must've missed that part of the article. :oops:

Come to think of it, wouldn't CA wildfires fall into the same category as the New Orleans hurrican/flood??? I mean, these people choose to live in these places that are known for these disasters.....

November 1st, 2007, 4:41 pm
wjb21ndtown wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:

:oops: Must've missed that part of the article. :oops:

Come to think of it, wouldn't CA wildfires fall into the same category as the New Orleans hurrican/flood??? I mean, these people choose to live in these places that are known for these disasters.....

I agree.. they should choose to live some crappy place like MI!!! :lol:

November 1st, 2007, 6:21 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I'm starting to believe Zumaya is f'ing cursed! First the tendonitis from playing to much 'Guitar Hero', to the ruptured tendon in his middle finger from gripping the ball too hard, and now a 50-60 pound box falls on his shoulder and it seperates that easily!? I used to be a mover and have had heavier things fall on me with nothing more than maybe a bruise or a sore back or shoulder. And the guy is only 23! Cursed, I say....

Tim

November 2nd, 2007, 8:48 am
Heisman Winner

ESPN is reporting that Zumaya's career could be over. They are getting this from a quote that Zumaya actually said. I don't have the insider so I can't read the whole article.

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=3090834&name=olney_buster&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fespn%2fblog%2findex%3fentryID%3d3090834%26name%3dolney_buster

November 5th, 2007, 11:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]