View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2014, 11:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 ESPN League - 2007 season thread. 
Modmin Dude

Hey Wags,

I just sent you a trade offer.

Eli Manning and Desmond Clark for Larry Johnson and Brodie Croyle.

You get 2 good players for the rest of this year and a QB you can keep for next year.

I get a RB for next year.

Edited to add:

You are going to have 1 of the top 2 draft picks, ( if the current standings hold true), so you can easily replace Johnson with McPhaddin in next years draft.

Sorry I didn't respond before....I can't seem to locate the trade on the website, maybe I'm too late. If you're still interested let me know

November 22nd, 2007, 1:04 pm
Hall of Fame Player

BillySims wrote:
Hey Wags,

I just sent you a trade offer.

Eli Manning and Desmond Clark for Larry Johnson and Brodie Croyle.

You get 2 good players for the rest of this year and a QB you can keep for next year.

I get a RB for next year.

Edited to add:

You are going to have 1 of the top 2 draft picks, ( if the current standings hold true), so you can easily replace Johnson with McPhaddin in next years draft.

Sorry I didn't respond before....I can't seem to locate the trade on the website, maybe I'm too late. If you're still interested let me know

I reset the Trade deadline.

I'll offer the trade again as soon as the site lets me.

So check your team on Tuesday.

November 22nd, 2007, 5:01 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Thanks for re-setting the trade deadline! It landed me Joey Galloway and now I'm going after another WR for the playoff run. :D

By the way, I had a helluva scare last night. The last place team (Riverview Bucs) almost upset me. He had the Dolphin defense and they had a ton of points until Pittsburgh kicked that FG at the end. I ended up squeaking by 297-291 to remain undefeated! 8)

Pablo is next! :twisted:

November 27th, 2007, 11:17 am
RIP Killer

Pablo is next! :twisted:

I guess you are going to be out to revenge last years 340-300 playoff loss. If we would have played last week it would have been an earily similar score, 350-297. And I might be getting Peterson back this week against the Lions...

BTW - looking at the standings, it made me laugh to see teh Grand Rapids Gladiators 6-0 at home and 2-4 on the road, who had thought home field would mean so much in FF.

Also, how is it that the Maryland Lions have played all 12 games at home?

November 28th, 2007, 2:54 pm
Profile WWW

Well, last week was one of my lowest scores of the season, so I don't plan on doing that again. I guess that's what happens when Tom Brady only throws for 1 TD instead of 3-5 like usual. If all goes well, I plan on scoring close to 400 points again, so you had better be ready! :lol:

November 28th, 2007, 4:31 pm

Poor Pablo! I'm dishing out my revenge with a fury. I'm up 330-186 and Tom Brady doesn't play until Monday night. I'm just curious as to how badly I'm going to destroy my league record of 411 points in one week! :twisted:

December 2nd, 2007, 6:14 pm
RIP Killer

Poor Pablo! I'm dishing out my revenge with a fury. I'm up 330-186 and Tom Brady doesn't play until Monday night. I'm just curious as to how badly I'm going to destroy my league record of 411 points in one week! :twisted:

No - revenge will be when I beat you in the playoffs. Don't feel to bad for me cause Bulger and Delhomme are both out for me so I had to settle for Dilfer and his 14 completions and 4 picks. Or the fact that my top WR, Larry Fitzgerald, was a game day scratch getting me zero points.

Hell, as bad as it was my team now has 304 points. Come playoff time, with a QB, Fitz back, and with my newest Beaver (after the trade this week when I acquire Gates at TE) - I'll be putting up huge points while Brady will be playing in sub-zero weather in New England just like last year when the Beavers took out the Sluts...

Congrats on your win Sly and undefeated regular season - very impressive.

December 3rd, 2007, 1:02 am
Profile WWW

I kinda feel sorry for you, Pablo. You have the 4th highest score for the week, but you had to play me. Better luck to you in the playoffs.

December 3rd, 2007, 11:23 am
QB Coach

What are you trading for Gates? When I got the email to review the trade your side of it was blank.

December 3rd, 2007, 7:54 pm

What are you trading for Gates? When I got the email to review the trade your side of it was blank.

I was wondering the same thing and that's why I vetoed it.

I should add that Tom Brady had his worst game of the season last night, so I didn't beat the all time points record. Oh well. I'll just have to wait until the playoffs to smash it. :D

December 4th, 2007, 9:56 am
RIP Killer

That is weird. Hey commish, can you cancel that trade so we can redo it? I offered a RB and a WR.

EDIT: Well that was a good deal, Gates for nothing... I had to make a second trade giving him Grant and Moss.

December 4th, 2007, 10:19 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

inheritedlionsfan wrote:

That is weird. Hey commish, can you cancel that trade so we can redo it? I offered a RB and a WR.

EDIT: Well that was a good deal, Gates for nothing... I had to make a second trade giving him Grant and Moss.

Sorry,

I was out on the road for phase 2 of my Truck driver training.

I leave out again Monday until just before Christmas.

December 9th, 2007, 12:20 pm

The new record for points in a week is now 419 and I have completed my undefeated season at 14-0! :D Even if I don't win the Championship, I'll be happy just by accomplishing that since I've never seen it done before.

Congrats to Chazmaster for sneaking into the playoffs. Unfortunately for him though, he has to play me in week 1! :lol: :lol: :lol:

December 11th, 2007, 9:38 am
QB Coach

Whats interesting about the playoffs is that I lost to Krushers by 5 points in week 13 so even though I am tied for the second best record (with the afore mentioned Krushers) I am the #5 seed because I am not a division winner. However, my opponent the #4 seeded Pac-Man's Tank as a division winner has the same record as the #7 Beavers and #8 Bums. So record matchup wise I wasn't hurt in the first round. Where I get screwed is the second round where I'll face the Slutty Tom Bradys in a week where Brady gets the Dolphins at home.

December 11th, 2007, 4:36 pm
RIP Killer

I belive the tiebreak is total points scored, the Krushers had 4,100 points and you had 4,088. Great season BTW and how did you manage to play all 14 games at home and none on the road? I still can't figure that one out.

Division winners get the top four seeds, then the next best records with total points scored being the tiebreaker.

I'm just happy to be in the playoffs given that my QBs have been hurt all year and I've had the most points scored against me in the league. I was hoping to take out Sly again this year but that will have to wait until the finals...

The grab bag of QBs is going to have to continue with me, Kellen Clemens last week, Trent Dilfer the week before. I've had to go with McNair, Griese, etc.

But I still have a chance as I've got the 11-3 Krushers this week and have the positional advantages 16-5 and am favored by 37.8 points even with Clemens at QB - crazy. After I take out the Krushers I want my XFL rival Martha Stewart Everyday Inmates and then Sly's Sluts in the finals to end their dream season.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

December 11th, 2007, 5:05 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next