View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 27th, 2014, 6:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster 
Of which we are considered to be. Any chance that we break the bank and trade for Santana? What do we have left to offer?

I know that it is a fantasy,but could you imagine our team with Santana on it? Holy dynasty Batman.....lol

LoL.. nice thought, but no way that'll happen.. IMO we're pretty much tapped out... We could trade Porchello and Inge... Maybe throw Bono in there... But that's crazy...

December 5th, 2007, 10:46 pm
NFL Team Captain

WJB....back to reality. Any ideas on Inge. I vote we keep him to be our catcher after Pudge is gone.

Comments?

December 5th, 2007, 11:03 pm
NFL Team Captain

I know we have already talked about trading him with some other players, what I mean is what does everybody think about Brandon on his own.

December 5th, 2007, 11:07 pm
National Champion

brandon is a pure athleete. he can play a variety of positions like 3rd, LF, CF, C and i believe he was a ss in college then the tigers converted him to catcher. The reason Inge was moved from catcher to thirdbase is two fold. The 1st reason was pudge singed here. The second reason was because as a catcher he was an average catcher with a good arm but his hitting was definatley suffering because he was concentrating so much on his catching and ability to handel the pitchers. If we keep him I see Shefield retiring after the 08 season, Cabera or Ordonez will become the DH Then Inge will have an everyday spot in 08. on a side note Cabera made the most errors in the NL among 3b.That alon will get Inge into alot of games as a late inning defensive replacement kind of like what leyland did at first base last year Thames at 1st for 5 innings and casey for the final four.

December 5th, 2007, 11:24 pm
WJB....back to reality. Any ideas on Inge. I vote we keep him to be our catcher after Pudge is gone.

Comments?

Honestly... we traded Infante... I'm not sure what's going on with Santiago (did we trade him too???)... We might want to keep Inge around as a utility glove...

December 6th, 2007, 12:24 am
3rd Round Selection

jomo269 wrote:
Of which we are considered to be. Any chance that we break the bank and trade for Santana? What do we have left to offer?

I know that it is a fantasy,but could you imagine our team with Santana on it? Holy dynasty Batman.....lol

LoL.. nice thought, but no way that'll happen.. IMO we're pretty much tapped out... We could trade Porchello and Inge... Maybe throw Bono in there... But that's crazy...

Porcello isn't even an option the rules restrict any player being traded until a year after he was drafted or something like that so Porcello literally CAN'T be offered in a deal. Trust me the Santana deal has been going throug my mind constantly since we made this one trying to figure out if there was anything we could possibly do to make this trade but I can't think of anything....even if we through in Inge plus our top 3 or 4 prospects plus cash to make up for the contracts in reality it still woudln't be enough more than likely considering Santana is THE pitcher in MLB right now...but do what I did...just be happy we got THE young hitter in MLB :P in Cabrera

December 6th, 2007, 2:36 am
RIP Killer

My only beef is that Cabrera is kind of a fatty. Within the last year, he gains like 25 pounds and his speed went down the tubes. Hopefully, now he's playing on a winning, competitive team (and JL won't take any crap), he'll drop the weight.

December 6th, 2007, 9:04 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

First of all, there isn't any way that the Tigers could come up with enough to get Santana. As Rob Shadows said, Porcello can't be traded for almost another year per MLB rules and they really don't have much left in terms of prospects.

As for Inge, I think $6M is a bit much to pay for a utility player, so I think they will attempt to trade him. However, they might have to eat some of his salary to pull it off. Hopefully, they can get a relief pitcher for him or a couple of good prospects to restock the farm system.

December 6th, 2007, 11:29 am
3rd Round Selection

My only beef is that Cabrera is kind of a fatty. Within the last year, he gains like 25 pounds and his speed went down the tubes. Hopefully, now he's playing on a winning, competitive team (and JL won't take any crap), he'll drop the weight.

From what I've heard he's already lost 15 pounds this offseason.

December 6th, 2007, 12:34 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

First of all, there isn't any way that the Tigers could come up with enough to get Santana. As Rob Shadows said, Porcello can't be traded for almost another year per MLB rules and they really don't have much left in terms of prospects.

As for Inge, I think $6M is a bit much to pay for a utility player, so I think they will attempt to trade him. However, they might have to eat some of his salary to pull it off. Hopefully, they can get a relief pitcher for him or a couple of good prospects to restock the farm system.

I think Inge needs to be kept so that we may groom him to take over catching duties after next season since Pudge's contract will be up.. that and who better for Inge to learn from this season.

NEVER GIVE UP!

December 6th, 2007, 12:49 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Thank you, Sly. You hit on the topics I was gonna answer. Thing is, even if the Tigers had anything left to trade for Santana, the Twins would never trade him to someone in the own division. Their owner would rather go bankrupt.

As for Inge, he is still owed $19 mil for the next 3 seasons, so unless we move Cabrera to left field and Inge stays at 3rd, he will be traded. Preferably for some prospects. The Tigers have no interest in moving Inge back to catcher.

And yes, it has been reported that Cabrera has lost 15 pounds already and is still trying to lose more. Add in the fact that 2 of his fellow countrymen play for the Tigers (Ordonez and Guillen) and the fact that Leyland coaches us, I'm sure he will be kept in check. Plus, we win! No better motivation than that for a player.

Tim

December 6th, 2007, 12:55 pm
slybri19 wrote:

I think Inge needs to be kept so that we may groom him to take over catching duties after next season since Pudge's contract will be up.. that and who better for Inge to learn from this season.

That's a possiblity, but we've been on record as saying we won't move him back to catcher... Perhaps that's changed now that we've gotten Cabrera... We can certainly better afford to keep his lack-luster bat around now that we've upgraded our line-up.

December 6th, 2007, 2:43 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

It was reported on WDFN that Inge has requested a trade with DD.. he also doesn't want to play catcher unless an emergency.. see him leaving soon.. I really like Inge.. he has to be one of the hardest working guys in Detroit..done whatever the Tigers asked him..Good luck Inge!!!

December 7th, 2007, 3:07 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

It was reported on WDFN that Inge has requested a trade with DD.. he also doesn't want to play catcher unless an emergency.. see him leaving soon.. I really like Inge.. he has to be one of the hardest working guys in Detroit..done whatever the Tigers asked him..Good luck Inge!!!

LOL! Inge requested a trade?! That was a waste of time. I'm sure Dombrowski was working the phones on that before the Cabrera trade was even finalized.

But I agree, I love Inge too. He has a great character and is a brilliant defensive 3rd baseman. I hope he goes to a winning team.

Tim

December 7th, 2007, 3:27 pm
Inge did not "request a trade" if anyone heard the Dombrowski interview... Dombrowski met with Inge and the two discussed Inge's situation, and they concluded that Inge's preference would be to be an every-day starter, and preferably at 3rd base. That is a bit different than "asking for a trade."

Basically he's saying move me, move Cabrera, or trade me. I know that we wouldn't move a player like Cabrera for a player like Inge, but it is uncertain that Sheffield will be ok to play come spring. We could allow Cabrera to play DH and leave Brandon at 3rd. Brandon is more athletic and, IMO, has a better glove than Cabrera... We could also audition Cabrera at LF... Now, admittedly, I don't think we'll do either of these two things, and I agree that Inge's best value at this point would be in trade for either bullpen help or re-plenishing our prospect pool. Still, saying I want to start, and saying "I would prefer to play 3rd base" is not the same as saying "TRADE ME!!!"

December 7th, 2007, 5:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next