View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 30th, 2014, 7:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Candidates to replace Carr 
QB Coach

I've seen Urban Meyer's name floating around.....what is the possibility of landing him?

No chance. Why would he ever leave Florida? He's in the most talent rich state in the country, has secured himself there with a national title win already, doesn't have to deal with Michigan winters... no way. He'd be crazy to leave Florida.

December 7th, 2007, 6:02 pm
Modmin Dude

TheRealWags wrote:
I've seen Urban Meyer's name floating around.....what is the possibility of landing him?

No chance. Why would he ever leave Florida? He's in the most talent rich state in the country, has secured himself there with a national title win already, doesn't have to deal with Michigan winters... no way. He'd be crazy to leave Florida.

From what I understand he has said that Michigan would be a dream job and he had an out clause to go to Michigan (Notre Dame and Ohio State too) when he was at Utah. He grew up in Ohio. He knows the Big 10. Speaking of the talent, he could get them to come to Michigan. Why not? After he kicks Michigan's azz in the Capital One bowl, he could be the next head coach.

December 7th, 2007, 6:17 pm
QB Coach

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:

From what I understand he has said that Michigan would be a dream job and he had an out clause to go to Michigan (Notre Dame and Ohio State too) when he was at Utah. He grew up in Ohio. He knows the Big 10. Speaking of the talent, he could get them to come to Michigan. Why not? After he kicks Michigan's azz in the Capital One bowl, he could be the next head coach.

Personally I think you're dreaming. He did have the out clause in his contract at Utah, but as I understand it only included Notre Dame, and he passed on that job when it came up anyway. I just don't see it happening. I don't think there's a much better job in college football right now than the one he's got, and he's one of the highest paid coaches on top of it. It's just not going to happen.

December 7th, 2007, 6:24 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Personally I think you're dreaming. He did have the out clause in his contract at Utah, but as I understand it only included Notre Dame, and he passed on that job when it came up anyway. I just don't see it happening. I don't think there's a much better job in college football right now than the one he's got, and he's one of the highest paid coaches on top of it. It's just not going to happen.

Co-sign. Yeah, Urban is not going anywhere. It would be a wet dream if he did. I also heard Stoops name, but that is the same pipe dream.

Tim

December 8th, 2007, 2:09 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

As Yogi would say, It isn't over until it's over:
Quote:
Report: Michigan contacted LSU's Miles after he signed extension
ESPN.com news services

Updated: December 11, 2007, 11:52 AM ET

Michigan's pursuit of LSU coach Les Miles is apparently not over -- despite the fact that Miles signed a contract extension with LSU last week.

Miles spoke Friday morning with Michigan athletic director Bill Martin and Michigan university president Mary Sue Coleman, according to several people with knowledge of the call, the Detroit Free Press reported Tuesday.

Miles signed his contract extension at LSU on Thursday.

Michigan, which has yet to find a successor for the retired Lloyd Carr, had previously obtained permission from LSU to contact Miles about its coaching vacancy, on the condition that it was after the Dec. 1 Southeastern Conference championship game. The Tigers will play Ohio State in the Allstate BCS Championship Game on Jan. 7 in New Orleans.

Miles' contract extension at LSU reportedly still contains a $1.25 million buyout he must pay if he leaves Baton Rouge for Ann Arbor. Miles played for Bo Schembechler at Michigan and twice was part of his coaching staff.

Michigan associate athletic director Bruce Madej, said the university is not commenting on the coaching search, and Miles' agent, George Bass, declined comment, the newspaper reported.

LSU athletic director Skip Bertman told the Free Press he did not know if Miles had been in contact with Michigan. But he remained confident that Miles will stay at LSU.

Bertman told ESPN's Joe Schad that he does not know if Miles, who has been on the recruiting trail for LSU, spoke with Michigan.

"I don't want to interfere with Michigan's ties to Les. If it was some other school it would make a difference," Bertman told ESPN. "Bill Martin is an honorable guy and did a credible thing by not speaking with him before the title game.

Bertman said though he can't stop other schools from calling Miles, he remains confident that Miles is staying at LSU.

"He signed the contract on Thursday. So even if he did [talk to Michigan] I would think it wouldn't matter. Because Les wants to be here. He is an honorable man," Bertman told ESPN. "I don't believe he would lead anybody the wrong way."

Bertman told the Free Press that Miles' amended contract includes free tuition for his children at LSU, academic incentives based on his players' achievements and a double payment of his remaining deal if he is fired.

"Les made a decision he wanted to stay. He loves Michigan, but the truth is, for Les Miles at this time, this is probably a better place," Bertman said, according to the Free Press.

December 11th, 2007, 1:07 pm

Whatever. It looks like UM is just dragging their feet now and are willing to wait until either after the bowl games or the NFL season is finished to hire a new coach.

Tim

December 11th, 2007, 1:21 pm
RIP Killer

Michigan's pursuit of LSU coach Les Miles is apparently not over -- despite the fact that Miles signed a contract extension with LSU last week.

What a class institution Michigan is and what a class guy Les Miles is. A match mad in bad karma heaven. What's next, bring back the Fab Five?

December 11th, 2007, 1:40 pm
Profile WWW

What a class institution Michigan is and what a class guy Les Miles is. A match mad in bad karma heaven. What's next, bring back the Fab Five?

LOL! That is how coacing searches get done now, Pablo. I guess Bill Martin is finally getting with the times!

And yes, bring back the Fab Five! :lol:

Tim

December 11th, 2007, 2:24 pm

Ok, this is getting really dumb. First, it is reported that Miles more than likely didn't get offered the job because Carr dislikes him, and now he is HELPING them with their search for a new coach?! Here is the quote from Miles:

Quote:
"I'm not a candidate for that job, and I will not be a candidate for the job," said Miles, who has signed a contract extension with LSU. "I was only assisting them in their search for a coach. I have a great job at a wonderful place, a place that my family calls home. It's time that Michigan goes on with their search for a football coach. I'll say it again -- I'm going to be the coach at LSU next season."

This was in response to a reporter asking Miles why UM called him the day after signing his new LSU contract. IMO, UM is just trying to save face OR Miles is lying and doesn't want people to know he is still considering the UM job.

Tim

December 11th, 2007, 6:15 pm

Well fella's, it appears we may be taking the Ohio State route and looking at a Division I-AA coach, K.C. Keeler of the University of Delaware. He is actually a very good coach. I know alot about him because I lived in Delaware for almost 15 years. I just don't think he would be ready to coach and recruit a school of UM's level. Anyway, here is the article.

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs ... 0/71212036

Tim

December 12th, 2007, 5:20 pm
RIP Killer

Well fella's, it appears we may be taking the Ohio State route and looking at a Division I-AA coach

As they say, if you can't beat em join em... :lol:

December 12th, 2007, 5:40 pm
Profile WWW

As they say, if you can't beat em join em...

I knew that was coming. I honestly thought Steensn would have said it first though Pablo.

Tim

December 12th, 2007, 5:42 pm
#1 Overall Pick

I guess if they couldn't get a fromer U of M player to take the job, they might as well go after a guy who knows what it takes......

to coach a team wearing a winged football helmet!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winged_Football_Helmet

December 12th, 2007, 9:56 pm

I guess if they couldn't get a fromer U of M player to take the job, they might as well go after a guy who knows what it takes......

to coach a team wearing a winged football helmet!!!

Good catch Phunny. Yes Delaware wears the same winged helmets as UM. And guess who they play Saturday for the championship? Appalachian State!! Go Blue Hens!

On a side note, if no one has seen K.C. Keeler coach, watch this game. It should be a very good contest.

Tim

December 12th, 2007, 10:14 pm
QB Coach

One of my good friends goes to Delaware so I have been to a game and seen a few on TV. The guy is a good coach but IDK how he would handle the jump. Heck if he beats App. State we should hire him right away! lol

December 12th, 2007, 11:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next