View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 18th, 2014, 7:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Marlins, Tigers talking blockbuster 
NFL Team Captain

According to Pro Sports Daily, the Philles are interested in Inge but don't like his salary.

There is also talk of a possible trade that would include Inge, Chad Durbin and Marcus Thames. I don't know who they are talking to but IMO that kind of package should land us someone of real value.

December 7th, 2007, 6:10 pm
NFL Team Captain

P.S......The Marlins are lookingfor a 3rd baseman now and the Cards will be shortly if this crap between LaRussa and Scott Rolen keeps up these two guys actually seem to hate each other.

December 7th, 2007, 6:14 pm
Modmin Dude

According to Pro Sports Daily, the Philles are interested in Inge but don't like his salary.

There is also talk of a possible trade that would include Inge, Chad Durbin and Marcus Thames. I don't know who they are talking to but IMO that kind of package should land us someone of real value.

Santana? :wink:

December 7th, 2007, 6:18 pm
jomo269 wrote:

LoL.. maybe if we included newly acquired Willis too!... Still, that's probably not enough...

December 7th, 2007, 6:20 pm
Modmin Dude

TheRealWags wrote:
jomo269 wrote:

LoL.. maybe if we included newly acquired Willis too!... Still, that's probably not enough...

A man can dream, can't he? :wink: :lol:

December 7th, 2007, 6:22 pm
NFL Team Captain

Maybe Oakland for Haren or that other guy (who's name escapes me at this point in the evening)

December 7th, 2007, 6:23 pm
Maybe Oakland for Haren or that other guy (who's name escapes me at this point in the evening)

Haren would be awesome... but we already have a decent starting pitching roster... If we trade for Dan Haren, I would want to give up Bonderman... It would be an upgrade, and it shouldn't cost us much (Bonderman is good, and Haren is on the last year of his deal (or perhaps 2 more years at most on his deal, and Oak. isn't going to be able to sign him anyhow).

December 7th, 2007, 6:29 pm
NFL Team Captain

It'sbeen reported (don't ask me where) that Oakland was willing to trade one of their starters,they don't care which as long as the price is right.

What the hell is that other starters name?

December 7th, 2007, 6:35 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

wjb wrote: Inge did not "request a trade" if anyone heard the Dombrowski interview... Dombrowski met with Inge and the two discussed Inge's situation, and they concluded that Inge's preference would be to be an every-day starter, and preferably at 3rd base. That is a bit different than "asking for a trade."

Dombrowski told WXYT-AM 1270 Friday afternoon that he spoke with Inge by phone earlier in the day. After discussing the team's situation and where he fits in, Inge discussed his preference with Dombrowski.

"He very much loves it here and has very mixed emotions," Dombrowski later told MLB.com by phone. "We think the world of him also, but with the acquisition of Cabrera, we don't have that role for him [at third base]. His desire would be to go somewhere and have an opportunity to play at third base."
http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/news/arti ... p&c_id=det

Last edited by ChazMaster on December 7th, 2007, 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 7th, 2007, 6:50 pm
It'sbeen reported (don't ask me where) that Oakland was willing to trade one of their starters,they don't care which as long as the price is right.

What the hell is that other starters name?

I think you're talking about Harden.. I would take either player...

December 7th, 2007, 6:53 pm
NFL Team Captain

Haren or Harden it makes me think that I'm talking about little joe. Personally I would put bonderman or Roberson in that package to get either of Oakland's starters.

I love Inge and the fire that he has, but he maybe more valuable to the Tigs as trade bait.

December 7th, 2007, 7:28 pm
National Champion

If inge wants to play 3b it's not going to be in oakland. They already have Chavez.

December 7th, 2007, 11:35 pm
If inge wants to play 3b it's not going to be in oakland. They already have Chavez.

True that... doesn't mean we can't get into a three way deal though...

December 7th, 2007, 11:41 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I think the best possible landing spot for Inge right now is the Dodgers. They have their 3rd baseman of the future in the minors right now, but he may not be ready for another season or two. The Dodgers have a surplus of good prospects. Plus, Inge can play multiple positions because he is so athletic. He would do well in the National League.

Tim

December 8th, 2007, 2:15 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Dontrelle Willis signed a 3 year extension today for $29 million. He is signed thru 2012, when he will be 29. I think it was good to sign him now before his value went up and he ended having to pay him more.

Tim

December 20th, 2007, 7:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next