View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2014, 9:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Keepers for 2008 
QB Coach

Post Keepers for 2008
Our keepers have to be in by next week and we can change them up to June. In a league that starts 1QB, 2WR, 2RB, 1 TE, 1K and 5 IDPs we get 6pts per TD, 1 pt per 50 passing yards and 1 point per 20 receiving/rushing yards.

We get two O keepers and 1 D. On D I am keeping Tatupu and on O I am keeping Brian Westbrook. Who should be my other O keeper?

QB: Kurt Warner, Jon Kitna
RB: Thomas Jones, Kevin Jones
WR: Santonio Holmes, Greg Jennings, Brandon Marshall, Shaun McDonald
TE: Donald Lee

I am leaning toward Jennings because he looks like a home run hitter in that offense but I want to be set at RB if possible. I could hope one of the Joneses has a better year next season but who knows. Carnell Williams is also a F/A that I could add to be my keeper but with the emergence of Graham and the fact that he is always hurt I don't like that option.

So far 11 RBs have been kept and two teams haven't reported keepers so that number will likely go to 15 and I will be drafting either 11th or 12th.

December 20th, 2007, 3:58 pm
RIP Killer

WR: Brandon Marshall, Shaun McDonald
RB: Thomas Jones,

Worth taking a look at:
RB: Kevin Jones
WR: Santonio Holmes, Greg Jennings

Only reason Kevin is on there is because I don't think Martz will be back to not use him. Also, I don't think Millen can ignore the O-Line need and I think with all the o-line available he can't miss that mark(who am I kidding right?). Holmes and Jennings will be big hitters next year, no question, as long as Farve is still here. It's a hard call, but I keep Jones... RB's are hard to come by...

December 20th, 2007, 5:09 pm
I'd keep Gennings, hands down... The only flaw may be the Qb situation... Favre could finally retire after this year, and who knows what their offense will look like without him??? That said, Rodgers looked pretty damn good when he stepped in for him this season.

December 20th, 2007, 6:20 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

That would be a tough call for me between Greg Jennings and Santonio Holmes, but I don't think you could go wrong either way. As for Kevin Jones, if you still want him on your roster, there's a decent chance that he would still be there with the 11th or 12th pick in the draft.

I also have a keeper league question for everyone. Should I keep Tom Brady or David Garrard? How about LaDainian Tomlinson or Kevin Jones? T.J. Houshmandzadeh or Dante Stallworth? Decisions, decisions. :D

December 21st, 2007, 8:02 am
RIP Killer

slybri19 wrote:
I also have a keeper league question for everyone. Should I keep Tom Brady or David Garrard? How about LaDainian Tomlinson or Kevin Jones? T.J. Houshmandzadeh or Dante Stallworth? Decisions, decisions. :D

For Sly, I would suggest Garrard, KJ, and Stallworth... :twisted:

December 21st, 2007, 10:57 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

I think I'm gonna stick with Westbrook and Jennings and try to go RB, RB or RB, WR with my late first and early second rounders.

Here are the backs that are so far being kept: MJD, Steven Jackson, AP, Ronnie Brown, McGahee, Fargas, Lynch, LT, Marion Barber, Willie Parker. The two teams that haven't sent in keepers yet have LJ and Portis and Grant, Gore and Addai so probably 4 more (2 per team) of those guys will be kept unless the LJ guy keeps Terrell Owens and the other guy keeps Steve Smith (doubtfull in both cases).

As for Sly I don't think you should have keepers. Football is about parity and since you were undefeated in the regular season the rest of us need a chance at parity.

December 21st, 2007, 12:48 pm
RIP Killer

As for Sly I don't think you should have keepers. Football is about parity and since you were undefeated in the regular season the rest of us need a chance at parity.

Oh, we have parity - it is called the playoffs! :idea:

December 21st, 2007, 12:54 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

True but can we expect a choke job from Mr. Brady every week at the end of the season????

I am up agaisnt Tom this week in this league. The guy had Parker bow out early but I am still not comfortable with Tom "6TD" Brady going against the Fins again. What sucks is he was almost upset by the #4 seed last week but then Tony Romo played and any chance of that was all over.

December 21st, 2007, 1:11 pm
RIP Killer

True but can we expect a choke job from Mr. Brady every week at the end of the season????

Actually it isn't a choke job, it is a weather job. He threw 6 TDs in sunny Miami, he doesn't fair as well in snowy and windy New England. Depends on the weather more than anything else. Ask both Brady and D. Anderson from last week...

December 21st, 2007, 1:47 pm
Profile WWW

Anyways, they had a fantasy football show on the NFL Network yesterday where they listed the top ten players for next season. Guess who was listed at #1 and #2? Furthermore, guess who's going to keep both of them? :twisted:

December 22nd, 2007, 9:23 am
QB Coach

I just realized I omited Anquan Boldin from my list of players.

December 28th, 2007, 2:06 pm

I like Boldin a lot, but you have to consider that he's the #2 WR in Arizona behind Fitzgerald. Jennings is becoming the #1 over Driver in Green Bay and the same thing is happening with Holmes over Ward in Pittsburgh. You got to look at the future in these instances instead of what players have done in the past. With that said, you're going to end up with a good WR whether you keep Boldin, Jennings or Holmes for next season.

December 28th, 2007, 2:15 pm
QB Coach

Jennings is my primary option but I didn't want the results of my question tainted by incomplete data lol.

I like Boldin too but I like GJ a little more. I draft 11th in the first round and 2nd in the 2nd round so I will likely be able to re-draft at least one of my non-keepers at WR if I want to. RB is the area where I will likely end up with a worse option because of my draft slot.

December 28th, 2007, 2:33 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: Keepers for 2008
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
RB: Thomas Jones, Kevin Jones
WR: Santonio Holmes, Greg Jennings, Brandon Marshall, Shaun McDonald

Do NOT keep KJ. WRs are pretty much a dime a dozen. This is evidenced by guys like Marshall and Bowe who had excellent seasons, and by the disappointing seasons of highly drafted guys like Steve Smith and Chad Johnson (decent #s, but highly inconsistent).

Don't keep a WR unless you have guys like TO, Moss, etc.

I'd keep Thomas Jones. He's going to get more work next season, and that team should only improve...at QB, OL, and DL. Their defense is going to be very good next year and their OL will only improve...plus Mangini likes running the ball. However, Leon Washington has proven to be a nice commodity, so he may get more carries as he gains experience...like a Barber/Jones and Jones-Drew/Taylor type relationship. If this is the case, Marshall will be the guy to keep.

Jennings is nice, but only if Favre is playing. Rodgers has an adequate arm, and is definitely no Favre, across the middle or on the deep ball. Without the deep ball, Jennings is no standout at all. Keep that in mind when you think if Favre is coming back. No Favre means don't keep Jennings.

Conclusion...toss up between TJ and BM. I'd go for TJ, however.

December 28th, 2007, 9:38 pm
QB Coach

http://sportsline.com/nfl/fantasy/story/10547978

This is the keeper article from sportsline.com. They did one about RB and QB also. I found it interesting that all 4 of my top WRs made the list of guys to keep. Real helpful sportsline lol

December 30th, 2007, 9:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next