View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 2nd, 2014, 3:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 GAME DAY THREAD: Packers 
RIP Killer

Post GAME DAY THREAD: Packers
Post any thoughts about the game here. Great play, bad play - post your thoughts during and after the Lions game against the Pack here.

October 17th, 2004, 10:04 am
Profile WWW
Stadium Announcer

Post Nother Sunday traveling to Chicago
Another Sunday, and instead of getting ready to watch the Lions on their quest for a 10-6 record (see ROAD to the Playoffs), I am packing my bags for yet another trip to Chicago. The last time I made this trek was the first Sunday of the season and the Lions were victorious against the Bears after my impassioned plea (see Below).

Quote:
But most importantly, a win will allow me to work in Chicago next week without having to listen to story after story about "Da Bears". After all, it is all about me.

Since no team is hated by the fans of the Bears more than the Packers, a win by the Lions will provide them with a taste of victory, if only vicariously.

That, in turn, will make my work week much more tolerable because regardless of the outcome of the Chicago Washington game, they will be able to take solace in the fact that their hated rivals also lost.

In me you can see that time of year when a few yellow leaves or none at all hang. In me you can see the glowing embers that lie upon the ashes remaining from the flame of my youth. So, respect more deeply that which you must give up before long.

October 17th, 2004, 10:51 am
QB Coach

Sorry, I had a hockey game...didn't get to see the first quarter, then had to pick my mother up at the airport. Only listened to the game on the radio...

Hate to say it, but "I told you so..."

Harrington was dead awful. Play calling was awful. Our defense got exhausted near the end of the game. Congrats to the Pack!

October 17th, 2004, 5:06 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Other than Drummond and Rogers, there wasn't much to cheer for Sunday. The Packers simply crushed our Lions. :oops:

You've got to expect some games like this from a young Lions squad. Hopefully they can bounce back on the road where they have been warriors so far this season.

In reality, Williams and Jones have got to get healty. Hakim is the only player on offense that did anything.

Our running game is horrible, can you believe Harrington lead the team in rushing with 12 yards - ouch! That has to change - and quickly!

October 17th, 2004, 5:44 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

:? ...I went to the game...they were terrible...and I would say it was just Drummond...Rodgers didn't appear to be too effective. I think our defensive needs to be more offensive and less offensive :shock:

To conservative at times...Bly looked flat...Fernando got hurt...Alexander got hurt and thus far this season has been IMHO unimpressive.

Offensively...even the damn short passes are incomplete...Green Bay rarely missed a short pass, and don't tell me it's their stellar receiving corps. That was extremely frustrating.

It was fun to go and it is a great stadium but the team looked terrible...I more enjoyed the PeeWee game at half time...they moved the ball exceedingly well :lol: well...relative to the Lions.

October 18th, 2004, 10:43 am
Profile WWW
All State

joey looked awful - couldn't even hit the short passes this week. then again, no williams or rogers to throw to so no threat of a passing game and couple that with no threat of a running attack - joey lead the lions with 12 yards - ugggh. :cry:

October 18th, 2004, 11:28 am
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I was on the road all weekend and didnt get to see the game. My wife said that the lions looked.

Back to the old drawing board.

October 18th, 2004, 11:54 am
Cheerleader

too all those who do not know me, i'm from RI and i've been a lions fan for 37 year, since i was a squirt......i used to like lions when i was a kid and when i found out there was a lions football team, i jumped on board......37 freekin years ago......i am used to the word futility because i am a red sox fan as well......the phrase " a passionate fan " directly applies here, of both teams and i have NEVER, EVER wavered and never will.........I, ( All of us ), have endured many difficult years, especially recently........they don't televise lions games here in RI, except on Thanksgiving but i went to see yesterday's game at a local sportsbar.......to my dismay........i was digusted with Harrington performance yesterday, as i'm sure many of you.......believe me, i've been on board with him for three years now and i will continue to support him but yesterday's debacle falls totally on him........this 3 and out, pathetic third down success has taxed my patience......yesterday's multiple incompletions were directly related to poor passes to open ( and some case wide open ) receivers.....the shoddy defense was a direct result of harrington's inefficiency...........this organization, i guarantee you will not tolerate a performance like that much more.......thier backups are marginal but harrington's days are numbered if what happened yesterday continues.........let's see what he's made of next week when strahan's and barrow are running him down all day........it's gonna be more dificult......

October 18th, 2004, 4:31 pm
QB Coach

I think that we need to look deeper into our problems, and rather than just saying that our running game was were awful because KJ got hurt, realize that it may not be our backs, rather our offensive line.

Face it, they haven't produced any holes this entire season. Jones has been used to running through gaping holes at VA Tech and then using his open field moves to break it. Then he comes to Detroit, realize that the holes weren't there, and is trying to break every run off tackle.

Is it a personnel problem, or a system problem? We haven't been able to produce a running game with all of the different backs that we have had in there over the post-Sanders era. I say a system problem.

It makes me sick watching tape of the Lions, and wondering why we can't produce with the talent that we have there, whereas teams like the Broncos, who have a gap offensive line scheme, can produce any running back they want. Droughns is the latest example.

This offense really needs to get re-done. I don't know how many times I have been saying this over the years. Harrington doesn't have the arm of an NFL QB, from what I have seen. He doesn't throw the deep balls, which is why we are forced to run a WCO. The receiving corps has talent, but even in games which our talent has been healthy, we haven't really clicked on offense.

I think that we need a new O-Coordinator. I'm sick of his crappy offense year to year. This year, we have averaged less yards per game than the Miami Dolphins. Are you kidding me? Miami? We are also next to last in TOP behind Atlanta, basically due to the fact that we have no running game. I blame the coordinator. The talent is there, they just aren't putting it together.

FIRE SHERMAN LEWIS!

October 18th, 2004, 9:16 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]