View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 1:34 pm



Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Big Ten Bowl Games!!! 
Author Message
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Big Ten Bowl Games!!!
Purdue over Central Michigan - Come on Purdue, how was that even a close game...

Boston College over Michigan St - Woulda been a nice win and a nice statement...

Penn St over Texas A&M - Didn't get to watch it...

Oklahoma St over Indiana - Anyone get to see this one?

Tennessee over Wisconsin - Wisconsin sholda had this game... can't believe they broke down like that... Didn't see the speed difference everyone always talks about...

Michigan over Florida - That is what I'm talking about. Michigan basically tried to hand the game to Florida but still pulled it out. Didn't see the speed difference everyone always talks about...

Big Ten so far 3-3

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


January 1st, 2008, 6:21 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post 
USC over Illi - Just as it started to look like Illi was going to make a comback... BAM a fumble and it was all down hill from there, very sadening...

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


January 1st, 2008, 9:51 pm
Profile
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post 
Illinois really stunk it up, didn't they? I guess this means that the Big Ten will be 3-5 in their bowl games after OSU gets blown out by LSU. :lol:

_________________
Image


January 1st, 2008, 11:27 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post 
slybri19 wrote:
Illinois really stunk it up, didn't they? I guess this means that the Big Ten will be 3-5 in their bowl games after OSU gets blown out by LSU. :lol:


OUCH!!! We will wait and see... I'm hoping we don't come unprepared like we did last year and get blown out. I think Tressel learned his leason on getting outcoached from last year.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


January 2nd, 2008, 1:26 pm
Profile
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: August 21st, 2005, 3:36 am
Posts: 3142
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Post 
I was listening to ESPN radio this morning and Colin Cowherd made a really good point. He was talking about SEC vs. Big Ten and how all the Big Ten fans have been pounding their chests over the Michigan win while ignoring the rest of the games. I have to agree with him. The SEC is the best conference in football. Has been for a while. And I am happy that Michigan won. I root for them except when they play ND. But facts are facts. The SEC has the most players in the NFL. They had more players drafted last year than any other conference (by 10 players!!). And so far they are 6-2 in bowl games this year. They're simply the best right now.


January 2nd, 2008, 1:53 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post 
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
I was listening to ESPN radio this morning and Colin Cowherd made a really good point. He was talking about SEC vs. Big Ten and how all the Big Ten fans have been pounding their chests over the Michigan win while ignoring the rest of the games. I have to agree with him. The SEC is the best conference in football. Has been for a while. And I am happy that Michigan won. I root for them except when they play ND. But facts are facts. The SEC has the most players in the NFL. They had more players drafted last year than any other conference (by 10 players!!). And so far they are 6-2 in bowl games this year. They're simply the best right now.


No doubt they are the best right now, I just don't see the speed difference everyone talks about. Wisconsin vs. Tenn I think also showed that the speed diff. is not there. Personnel wise, the SEC is better right now, no questions. But in the two of the two bowl games so far between the SEC and Big Ten, the Big Ten is right there in the game.

You want to talk most players in the NFL, OSU is right in the top. But the SEC is deeper, no question there.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


Last edited by steensn on January 2nd, 2008, 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.



January 2nd, 2008, 2:09 pm
Profile
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: August 21st, 2005, 3:36 am
Posts: 3142
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Post 
steensn wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
I was listening to ESPN radio this morning and Colin Cowherd made a really good point. He was talking about SEC vs. Big Ten and how all the Big Ten fans have been pounding their chests over the Michigan win while ignoring the rest of the games. I have to agree with him. The SEC is the best conference in football. Has been for a while. And I am happy that Michigan won. I root for them except when they play ND. But facts are facts. The SEC has the most players in the NFL. They had more players drafted last year than any other conference (by 10 players!!). And so far they are 6-2 in bowl games this year. They're simply the best right now.


No doubt they are the best right now, I just don't see the speed difference everyone talks about. Wisconsin vs.

Really? I tend to agree. I think the OSU/LSU game will be interesting. I don't think it's going to be close. I think LSU is just a better team this year, and I think we will see a big difference in speed.


January 2nd, 2008, 2:20 pm
Profile
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Joined: April 27th, 2005, 3:26 pm
Posts: 1776
Post 
I agree about the speed difference. I just don't see it either. Teams from down south will always have fast, athletic players because Florida produces a ton of them. But where do you think UM and OSU pluck their receivers from? A number of them get recruited from Florida, Texas, and Louisiana. The speed thing has always been overblown, IMO.

As for LSU being much faster than OSU, I disagree as well. Same argument as above. Plus, I think that SEC teams gear their offensive and defensive philosophies to emphasize fast play, where as Big Ten teams tend to gear their game plans to controlling the clock and playing their positions. As an example, UM was thought as slow on defense and wouldn't be able to play with Florida and Tebow, but English unleashed his players and allowed them to play aggressive and blitz. They looked pretty fast to me when they played like that.

_________________
Regards,

Tim

Image


January 2nd, 2008, 2:44 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post 
SEC is deeper in quality players and teams, but OSU gets so many players from across the nation that there is no speed difference.

That being said, I am not expecting to beat LSU, though I wouldn't be surprised if we did win.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


January 2nd, 2008, 2:58 pm
Profile
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: August 21st, 2005, 3:36 am
Posts: 3142
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Post 
steensn wrote:
SEC is deeper in quality players and teams, but OSU gets so many players from across the nation that there is no speed difference.

That being said, I am not expecting to beat LSU, though I wouldn't be surprised if we did win.

That's why they play the games. I don't care who wins either way, but it will be fun to watch.


January 2nd, 2008, 3:07 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post 
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
steensn wrote:
SEC is deeper in quality players and teams, but OSU gets so many players from across the nation that there is no speed difference.

That being said, I am not expecting to beat LSU, though I wouldn't be surprised if we did win.

That's why they play the games. I don't care who wins either way, but it will be fun to watch.


College football is fun... and so is the BCS :lol:

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


January 2nd, 2008, 3:13 pm
Profile
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: August 21st, 2005, 3:36 am
Posts: 3142
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Post 
steensn wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
steensn wrote:
SEC is deeper in quality players and teams, but OSU gets so many players from across the nation that there is no speed difference.

That being said, I am not expecting to beat LSU, though I wouldn't be surprised if we did win.

That's why they play the games. I don't care who wins either way, but it will be fun to watch.


College football is fun... and so is the BCS :lol:

Boooooooo BCS :wink:

I was really hoping Hawaii would win against Georgia just to throw another wrench into the BCS mess. After watching both UG and USC it's a shame that neither of them gets a shot at a national title considering how well they're playing.


January 2nd, 2008, 3:16 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post 
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
steensn wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
steensn wrote:
SEC is deeper in quality players and teams, but OSU gets so many players from across the nation that there is no speed difference.

That being said, I am not expecting to beat LSU, though I wouldn't be surprised if we did win.

That's why they play the games. I don't care who wins either way, but it will be fun to watch.


College football is fun... and so is the BCS :lol:

Boooooooo BCS :wink:

I was really hoping Hawaii would win against Georgia just to throw another wrench into the BCS mess. After watching both UG and USC it's a shame that neither of them gets a shot at a national title considering how well they're playing.


Not to make it a BCS vs. playoff discussion, but they could if they woulda played like that against Stanford and "Sons".

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


January 2nd, 2008, 3:30 pm
Profile
Rookie Player of the Year

Joined: October 13th, 2005, 9:03 am
Posts: 2311
Post 
The problem with the way things are se up now is that for the NC game there is too much time off for these guys. Especially if a Big 10 team makes like OSU did last year and this year. All that time off was a bigger factor than actual player speed. It's almost two months of just practice and scrimmage and that's not going to get players ready for a big game. LSU like Florida last year played two more games in between and won't ahve quite the mental boredom that OSU has had to endure.

Hopefully they can overcome it because eventhough the Buckeyes played a soft schedule and might not totally deserve to be the NC (and I'm a Buckeye fan) LSU has been overhyped since they beat up on VTech early in the season. Since then they haven't looked dominant by any means. They lost to Arkansas that went out and got humiliated by Mizzou and Kentucky a team that just struggled against half of FSU's team. Georgia might not of won their conference but they are the best team in SEC right now. They came out of the box slow but at the end of the season they were better than LSU.


January 2nd, 2008, 8:06 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.