View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 27th, 2014, 5:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 CFN PreSeason Ranking for 2008 
RIP Killer

Post CFN PreSeason Ranking for 2008
http://cfn.scout.com/2/720771.html

Quote:

Ohio State #1

SEC fans will go ballistic at the notion, and America might let out a collective groan at the thought of OSU in another national title game, but with all the returning talent, this really should be 2008's best team. Remember, 2007 was supposed to be a rebuilding year and a stepping-stone to this season. Getting to the national championship was unexpected gravy. Shock of shocks, most of the stars decided to come back for one more year with DE Vernon Gholston the only early defector.

The Buckeyes don't have the speed or athleticism of the top teams, right? The NFL certainly doesn't think so with at least 11 starters, not including both kickers, who'll be drafted with five, LB James Laurinaitis, LB Marcus Freeman, CB Malcolm Jenkins, RB Beanie Wells, and OT Alex Boone, who'd be starting on day one of the 2008 NFL season.

A national punching bag after two straight blowout losses in BCS Championships, the Buckeyes will be good enough to get another shot with almost everyone of note returning on offense including QB Todd Boeckman and top receivers Brian Hartline and Brian Robiskie. The defense might lose Gholston and LB Larry Grant, but nine starters are back.

WJB, wanna barf? Lol ;)

SUPER early poll, just fun to look at.

January 19th, 2008, 3:02 pm
"With all their returning talent" they still looked like rectum against real competition... This doesn't influence my "feelings" at all... In fact, it gets me excited to know that they'll be a huge disappointment again next season...

January 19th, 2008, 3:43 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

This really doesn't surprise me since the Bucknuts are returning nearly everyone and they have an easy schedule. Personally, though, I feel that the winner between Florida and Georgia will go on to win the National Championship next season.

January 19th, 2008, 3:52 pm
RIP Killer

This really doesn't surprise me since the Bucknuts are returning nearly everyone and they have an easy schedule. Personally, though, I feel that the winner between Florida and Georgia will go on to win the National Championship next season.

Nm, they play USC in an away game right :wink:

You never know how easy a schedule is until you play the season...

WLB,

You have all the right in the world to think OSU is going to flop next season... but I am going to have to sincerely disagree. I like the way they put it, OSU was supposed to be rebuilding for this year, not contending last year. OSU had a better season than expected, went to the national champ game and played bad. With 4-5 first rounders, it's hard to not have them in the top rung of teams, even if you hate them...

January 19th, 2008, 4:38 pm
NFL Team Captain

Michigan is #21. How does that sit with you guys.

January 19th, 2008, 5:41 pm

Quote:
COLUMBUS, OHIO - Today, after the Buckeye's second national championship loss in as many years, Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith released a schedule the likes of which the Buckeye faithful have never before seen.

Below is the newly released schedule for the 2008 Ohio State Buckeyes football season. God help us.

8/30 vs. Ohio School for the Deaf (Columbus, OH)

9/6 vs. Ohio Northern University (Columbus, OH)

9/13 @ Cuyahoga Community College (Cleveland, OH)

9/20 vs. Columbus, Ohio Chamber of Commerce Co-recreational Softball Team (Columbus, OH)

9/27 vs. Ohio State School for the Blind (Columbus, OH)

10/4 @ Cincinnati Reds (Cincinnati, OH)

10/11 vs. Boonville, Indiana High School (Boonville, IN)

10/18 @ Autism Academy of Learning (Maumee, OH)

10/25 vs. Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy (Columbus, OH)

11/1 - Bye Week (Scrimmage against Women's Volleyball team)

11/8 @ Columbus State Community College (Columbus, OH)

11/15 @ Cleveland School of the Arts High School Chess Team (Cleveland, OH)

11/22 vs. Michigan (Columbus, OH)

January 19th, 2008, 6:07 pm
RIP Killer

I thought this was OSU's schedule:
Quote:
COLUMBUS, OHIO - Today, after the Buckeye's second national championship loss in as many years, Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith released a schedule the likes of which the Buckeye faithful have never before seen.

Below is the newly released schedule for the 2008 Ohio State Buckeyes football season. God help us.

9/20 vs. Columbus, Ohio Chamber of Commerce Co-recreational Softball Team (Columbus, OH)

:roll:

Funny how one abnormally easier season becomes the mantra of a football program. Maybe if UofM, MSU, and the rest of the Big Ten would step it up a bit our schedule wouldn't have been so "easy."

January 20th, 2008, 10:56 am
RIP Killer

Michigan is #21. How does that sit with you guys.

I think it is VERY fair with all the seniors leaving, best QB transfering, and a completely new system comming in on offense and defense that is so different from the one now.

I honestly think it'll be two years before UofM contends again with the shakup but they will be VERY solid oncec RR gets everything in place. Question is, can UofM fans wait two more years with two more losses to OSU :wink:

January 20th, 2008, 10:59 am

steensn, ya gotta admit that the schedule I posted was funny though. I just googled for OSU's 2008 schedule and that came up on somebody's blog or something. It made me laugh, so I shared it.

As for Michigan being #21, that could be a little bit generous. They are losing too many starters, as well as going to a different system, to expect them to have a great season. I'm hoping that they won't be worse than 7-5, but I wouldn't be shocked if they were.

January 20th, 2008, 12:50 pm
RIP Killer

steensn, ya gotta admit that the schedule I posted was funny though. I just googled for OSU's 2008 schedule and that came up on somebody's blog or something. It made me laugh, so I shared it.

As for Michigan being #21, that could be a little bit generous. They are losing too many starters, as well as going to a different system, to expect them to have a great season. I'm hoping that they won't be worse than 7-5, but I wouldn't be shocked if they were.

Can you wait a few years for RR to get everything set up?

January 20th, 2008, 1:02 pm
I'm fine with U of M being ranked 21... They play better when they're ranked lower to start the season... And, yes, I can wait 2-3 years of having a sub-par program until RR turns it around...

January 20th, 2008, 6:05 pm
RIP Killer

I'm fine with U of M being ranked 21... They play better when they're ranked lower to start the season... And, yes, I can wait 2-3 years of having a sub-par program until RR turns it around...

If it were me, I'd agree. I just wonder how UofM as a whole will take it.

January 21st, 2008, 10:12 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I thought this was OSU's schedule:
Quote:

Thta was effing hilarious Sly!! It took me 5 minutes to post this because I was too busy laughing. Classic.

Tim

January 21st, 2008, 7:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]