View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 24th, 2014, 12:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Pryor's cousin trying to convince him to join UM 
RIP Killer

Ever watch Black Sheep? It does a GREAT job of poking fun at the media for what they do best, blow things outta proportion. All you are basing this BS on is a few photo's of a young kid smiling for a picture. Ever look at the video from the basketball games he's been at? He just sits there and ignores the attention.

You are basing all of this on circumstances taht you know nothing about. It is extrememly unfair to judge a kid based on unfair media accounts. It's not like he has a diary documenting every step.

Most kids take visits early, TP did not. He was behind the game, his DAD wanted him to visit PSU, which I would honor the same request if I were his dad. That is the ONLY reason it went longer than signing day. If you are going to tell me that TP is a media monger because he gave into his dad's wishes, who almost died a few days ago, then you need help...

March 4th, 2008, 7:28 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

It looks like Pryor still doesn't know what he wants to do. This is from the Free Press:
Quote:
With 3 weeks left to choose, Terrelle Pryor wants mom to visit U-M, OSU, PSU with him
FREE PRESS STAFF AND NEWS SERVICES • March 7, 2008

Terrelle Pryor still hasn't chosen where he'll play football next season. More than a month has passed since Feb. 6, the first day college recruits could officially sign with schools, and Pryor still hasn't decided among Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State and Oregon.

Mike Farrell, Rivals.com recruiting analyst, wrote a piece that appeared on SI.com Thursday night about the situation. Below are a pair of excerpts from the article.

Among the factors being discussed include location, the offense, the coaching staff, early playing time and the talent that would surround Pryor.

There's one potential factor that has gone overlooked for the most part: Will basketball have any impact on the decision of the 6-foot-5, 235-pound quarterback?

"No, it won't," Pryor said. "I really like playing basketball and I'm still considering playing both football and basketball in college, but I'm not sure. I'm leaning toward just football, but I haven't decided for sure."

Why would basketball matter? Because Pryor also is one of the nation's top basketball prospects for the class of 2008. Pryor, who plays small forward, is ranked as the No. 28 basketball player in the country by Rivals.com.

"I talk to the basketball coaches when I visit schools and all that, and there was just a coach from Oregon here for hoops," he said. "But football is in my blood and it's No. 1 for me."

"I don't have much time left, so I have to figure out a date for those visits," he said. "I don't know if I can make Oregon; that one is obviously a lot tougher to make than Penn State. But Penn State I can do. I just want to make it a real official visit and be able to spend the full two days there."

Pryor did find time recently to visit Ohio State for a basketball game and to see his friends Michael Brewster and J.B. Shugarts, both of whom signed with the Buckeyes on National Signing Day. He might try to find time for a return trip to Columbus, as well as another trip to Michigan.

"I'd like my mom to see both places and Penn State," he said. "So we're talking about a day trip to both Ohio State and Michigan, and she'd come along with me on my Penn State trip."

March 7th, 2008, 10:17 am
RIP Killer

The rumblings from the OSU "insiders" is that he will announce his singing to OSU on March 17th. I role my eyes at them...

Pryor has stated he is focusing on basketball right now and he will get to the visits when he is done. Problem is you have 15 news reporters beging him for details everyday.

March 7th, 2008, 12:11 pm
QB Coach

I wouldn't be surprised if somehow his mom ended up with a new car before she makes these visits lol.

Seriously though I want him to chose Michigan because IDK anything about the QBs we do have. I really belive he will chose OSU.

March 7th, 2008, 4:04 pm
RIP Killer

I wouldn't be surprised if somehow his mom ended up with a new car before she makes these visits lol.

Seriously though I want him to chose Michigan because IDK anything about the QBs we do have. I really belive he will chose OSU.

You guys just lost Russel Shepard for next year to LSU, he committed last week. So for this year you nabbed Steven Threet a transfer, but must sit out next year. So unless you pick up someone for next year as a top recruit you have:

Lee Mondol So.
Nick Sheridan Jr.
David Cone So.

To pick from as your next QB for the future. Young, but no experience. None were supposed to even play with Mallet in the mix. I'd be hoping you guys stumble on a steal.

March 7th, 2008, 4:45 pm
RIP Killer

http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/2008/03/terrelle_pryor_to_announce_col.html

Tomorrow the Terrelle Pryor sweepstakes will be over!

March 18th, 2008, 5:43 pm

Thank God... I'll say a prayer tonight that OSU gets stuck with him and his ego...

March 18th, 2008, 11:30 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:

Thank God... I'll say a prayer tonight that OSU gets stuck with him and his ego...

Lol, ego... sooooo funny. I read a good article about why he waited and what he SACRIFICED so he could be a team player on his basketball team... but whatever. It woul dbe nice to see him go to Michigan and be the team player that he is and shut some SU and UM fans up...

March 19th, 2008, 7:22 am

Atleast it's finally over. May the highest bidder win! :lol:

Steensn, Steven Threet transferred awhile ago and had to sit out last season. He will be eligible to play in 2008.

March 19th, 2008, 11:01 am
RIP Killer

Atleast it's finally over. May the highest bidder win! :lol:

Steensn, Steven Threet transferred awhile ago and had to sit out last season. He will be eligible to play in 2008.

Is he any good or slated to be good? I don't know much about him.

March 19th, 2008, 11:08 am

March 19th, 2008, 12:03 pm
Pro Bowl Player

Michigan loses again...

:lol:

March 19th, 2008, 12:07 pm
RIP Killer

Good deal, happy to have him aboard. This really hurts UM at the QB position.

March 19th, 2008, 12:48 pm
Div 1 - Starter

Pryor said Oregon was too far away and Penn State too rural. He said he liked Michigan and new coach Rich Rodriguez, but felt that he has a better shot at making it to the NFL by going to Ohio State.

Yeah, following the footsteps of all those other great OSU QBs in the NFL. Like uh... or... uhm... gimme a minute. Uh.. Harbaugh? No wait Brady? Uh... Grbac?... Todd Collins? Brian Greise? wait... uh... Drew Henson no... ah.... Chad Henne! Oh wait.

Yeah, Ohio State. The Cradle of Quarterbacks.... NOT.

Sure I'm disappointed, but if that kid is so stupid that he can't check the pedigree of Michigan QBs in the NFL vs. Ohio States, maybe he's not as smart as needed to handle Coach Rodriguez's spread offense after all.

All he needed to say was "I felt most comfortable with Ohio State." and let it drop.

March 19th, 2008, 1:44 pm
Quote:
Pryor said Oregon was too far away and Penn State too rural. He said he liked Michigan and new coach Rich Rodriguez, but felt that he has a better shot at making it to the NFL by going to Ohio State.

Yeah, following the footsteps of all those other great OSU QBs in the NFL. Like uh... or... uhm... gimme a minute. Uh.. Harbaugh? No wait Brady? Uh... Grbac?... Todd Collins? Brian Greise? wait... uh... Drew Henson no... ah.... Chad Henne! Oh wait.

Yeah, Ohio State. The Cradle of Quarterbacks.... NOT.

Sure I'm disappointed, but if that kid is so stupid that he can't check the pedigree of Michigan QBs in the NFL vs. Ohio States, maybe he's not as smart as needed to handle Coach Rodriguez's spread offense after all.

All he needed to say was "I felt most comfortable with Ohio State." and let it drop.

U just wait Troy Smith is going to be a GREAT NFL Qb!!!... Urr ummmm maybe WR!!!??? Urr ummm player???

March 19th, 2008, 2:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next