View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 26th, 2014, 7:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Pryor's cousin trying to convince him to join UM 
Div 1 - Starter

But who are we to judge a kid in a negative light when we don't know for an instant that it was "with Terrel's approval" that his family and coaches get the attention FOR him. I think it is rediculous and completely UNFAIR and a terrible sign that our society is willing to demonize the kid for not doing anything wrong and trying to do things right.

Does anyone realize that everyone here is nitpicking things to show he didn;t do everything perfectly or to their own liking, so he must be a bad person just looking for attention? Not one person here has shown that Terrel has done ANYTHING to garner true critism about his actions. All of it is BS speculation that he neither deserves nor has he earned.

Hey Steensn, this "kid" you're trying to hold up as a shining example of youth today also made headlines for a couple of incidents while playing basketball, one serious enough that Pryor risked getting arrested himself, the second serious enough that there were potential suspensions coming for the team, which would have ended their championship run. Someone that knows they are under the spotlight should be making smarter decisions, since they know every move they make is on SI.com, espn.com, etc. within minutes of it happening.

I don't think everyone here is nitpicking, and if you read what I wrote you'll see I have given my opinion, which I thought we were supposed to be able to do. That opinion is based on personal experience dealing with primadonna athletes who think the rules don't apply to them.

So today, all the attention is on Terelle Pryor. He may end up setting records all over the place, and end up in the NFL making people say "Peyton who?" but right now I think he's a little egomaniac that staged this whole little show for his own benefit. No one is holding the man-crush you have on him against you, let the rest of us have our opinions.

March 19th, 2008, 3:53 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

From my understanding, Pryor only made two "official" visits. They were to Michigan and Ohio State. He did however make unofficial visits to Penn State and probably one or two other schools.

As for the car incident, that was no big deal. Someone allowed him to borrow the car for the Prom. I highly doubt that is against NCAA regulations. However, some of his behavior following basketball games are questionable. With that said, he is just a kid, so hopefully, he'll learn from his mistakes.

March 19th, 2008, 4:29 pm
RIP Killer

Never said he wa a shinig example, but neither of those instances has anything to do with attention getting. At most they show he is hot tempered, he can join the club on athletes with a temper.

But to the rest, when did it become acceptable to badmouth someone that you know nothing about? Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but when was it all the sudden ok to take an opinion based, on no facts, and make someone else out to be a bad person?

I have no "man-crush" for the kid. he hasn't proven anything yet at the next level. I'm just tired of people picking on a kid who if he takes a dump, 13 newspapers sift through his crap to try and identify what school he last visited and what he ate at that school. Someone who hasn't done anything to try and get attention and has only tried to live out the last few months of his high school as a kid is being called an attention mongor drives me crazy.

Has he done everything perfect to limit the exposure to the minimal level? Did he take time to make sure he didn't do anything that might be mistaken for something else? No, he didn't care. It wasn't his care whether we spent 2 hrs a day reading what his coach said or what his friends and family said. He has done nothing to indicate he is an attention monger and the only people saying so are people who have an opinion based on no facts and no proof. I think to say anyone is a bad person because you have this feeling is a terrible thing to do.

March 19th, 2008, 4:37 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Well I didnt read through the entire 7 pages of this so if someone mentioned this before I apologize.

I think calling a press conference on signing day to say you havent made a decision, instead of just saying I need more time is attention mongering. I would have liked to see what this kid could have done in maize and blue, with the new offense, but now he is just another hated buckeye.

The phone rings at 3AM in the White House, McCain replies call me at 9:30

March 20th, 2008, 9:01 am
RIP Killer

Well I didnt read through the entire 7 pages of this so if someone mentioned this before I apologize.

I think calling a press conference on signing day to say you havent made a decision, instead of just saying I need more time is attention mongering. I would have liked to see what this kid could have done in maize and blue, with the new offense, but now he is just another hated buckeye.

Actually, he had a press conference to announce his decision to go to OSU, but his dad tatlked him out of announcing that day. He had the press conference because everyone was already there anyways. It is pretty well documented...

March 20th, 2008, 9:24 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Only ever been an OSU fan but as I've been saying all along the school that landed him better make sure all the "t's" are crossed and "i's" dotted. With as long as this process took the NCAA is going to be following the financials of the Buckeyes, Pryor, his family, and all big money alums to make sure there was no tampering.

If he comes close to reaching or even exceeding the hype, OSU was probably the better decision if he wants to QB at the next level. Tressel is a good coach at bringing QBs along and turned a wild running Smith into a pretty good pocket passer. If Smith had Pryor's measurables he would of been a 1st round choice. Rodriguez could of put Pryor in a position to put up huge running and passing numbers in college but I don't think he would of developed into a NFL ready QB in that offense.

March 20th, 2008, 5:20 pm
RIP Killer

Only ever been an OSU fan but as I've been saying all along the school that landed him better make sure all the "t's" are crossed and "i's" dotted. With as long as this process took the NCAA is going to be following the financials of the Buckeyes, Pryor, his family, and all big money alums to make sure there was no tampering.

If he comes close to reaching or even exceeding the hype, OSU was probably the better decision if he wants to QB at the next level. Tressel is a good coach at bringing QBs along and turned a wild running Smith into a pretty good pocket passer. If Smith had Pryor's measurables he would of been a 1st round choice. Rodriguez could of put Pryor in a position to put up huge running and passing numbers in college but I don't think he would of developed into a NFL ready QB in that offense.

I completely agree.

March 20th, 2008, 6:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7