View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 18th, 2014, 9:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Troy and Bobby on the DL 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Troy and Bobby on the DL
http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20050509&content_id=1043861&vkey=pr_det&fext=.jsp&c_id=det

Son of a @$@#$.

Oh well, he hasn't had a great season so far.

Last edited by bsand2053 on May 14th, 2005, 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 9th, 2005, 7:29 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

You want to know who else hasn't had a great season?

Carlos Pena

And I don't like Pena.

He's a good fielder, and plays first base well, but he can't hit the ball. In 2003, he hit for average, but not power. In 2004, he hit for power, but not average. In 2005, he doesn't hit for anything. (I may be wrong here, flip flopping 03 and 04, but I don't want to look it up)

Anyways, I think we need to get him out of the lineup. Why not call up Chris Shelton? He has been lighting it up in Toledo!

Your thoughts...

May 10th, 2005, 12:20 am
Profile WWW

I agree with you 100% He has been doing good defense, but he is a liabilty in our lineup. Shelton would be a great callup. I haven't been following him in Toledo, but I know in the Arizona Fall league, he hit .401.

I am also disappointed in Infante's offense, but there really isn't an alternative, especially with the comfort level that he and Guillen have.

May 10th, 2005, 7:47 am
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

This really sucks, good thing we kept Uggy instead of trading him were gonna need him. BTW did anyone catch last nights game? Hell of a game it was, our pitching staff will be a very good one in a year or two probable one of the elite units, with JB, MM, and Nate.

Michael Huff for DROY

May 10th, 2005, 4:37 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

This really sucks, good thing we kept Uggy instead of trading him were gonna need him. BTW did anyone catch last nights game? Hell of a game it was, our pitching staff will be a very good one in a year or two probable one of the elite units, with JB, MM, and Nate.

I tuned in after the Pistons game was over (after the first quarter)

That 9th inning was great... Pena actually did something!

Craig Monroe is my boy

May 10th, 2005, 9:15 pm
Profile WWW

Craig Monroe is my boy

Was looking like a pretty good center fielder before Logan kicked it up to the next level.

May 10th, 2005, 9:19 pm
Profile WWW

Interesting fact-Thames has one less homer than Gary Sheff. in 85 less at bats. :) If only his average would go up.

May 12th, 2005, 9:59 pm
Profile WWW

http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050513&content_id=1048538&vkey=news_det&fext=.jsp&c_id=det

I am never happy about a players injury, but this is probably good for the Tigers, one more excuse to use Thames.

May 14th, 2005, 12:53 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]