View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 1st, 2014, 7:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Granderson on DL 
1st Round Pick

Post Granderson on DL
Granderson Broke a bone in his hand sat. looks like Inge is going to be the Starting CF for the first 8 games or so. maybe now he will shut up and just go out and play. By the way Curtis was put on the 15 day DL

March 23rd, 2008, 7:37 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I heard that yesterday and it looks like Granderson is going to miss the first two or three weeks of the season. This really hurts since the Tigers won't have a true leadoff hitter now. On top of that, it looks like Inge and his strikeouts is going to replace him in CF. Ugh!

March 24th, 2008, 1:21 pm
I heard that yesterday and it looks like Granderson is going to miss the first two or three weeks of the season. This really hurts since the Tigers won't have a true leadoff hitter now. On top of that, it looks like Inge and his strikeouts is going to replace him in CF. Ugh!

IDK Sly... IMO Renteria is a legit lead-off batter, as is Polanco... I think Cabrera could get the job done if he had to... I really don't see it being a problem.

March 24th, 2008, 2:39 pm
1st Round Pick

two weeks yes but only one week of the regular season and the first 3 games are at home against KC I think inge will fill in Nicely and Renteria batted leadoff tagainst the indians the other day.

March 24th, 2008, 5:48 pm
Varsity Captain

I'm not concerned either, I thought I heard that Inge was hitting better this year because of changed mechanics?

March 24th, 2008, 10:50 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I was worried when I first heard about Granderson, but with our lineup, we can get by for three weeks without him. Renteria will be just fine batting leadoff. Polanco will not be moved up, he is the perfect #2 hitter. Pudge has been swinging the bat extremely well and will also bat leadoff in some games, whether Curtis is there or not.

Also, Inge will be fine in CF. He is very athletic and can run down fly balls with the best of them on just 1 week of preparation.

I'm much more worried about our pitching more than anything.

Tim

March 26th, 2008, 2:11 pm
1st Round Pick

Ok I admidt i was wrong this team cannot win with out curtis. if you watch them their missing the spark and enthusiasm curtis brings to the game. For all the talk of there offensive woes right now nobody has really mentioned it being directly tied to granderson. you watch when he comes back the offense will take off.

April 5th, 2008, 2:16 pm
DETROIT -- Finally some good news for the Tigers.

Center fielder and leadoff hitter Curtis Granderson received positive results Sunday night from an X-ray on his broken right hand. The exam showed sufficient healing, and Granderson can begin baseball activities on Monday.

"It looks like a hand again," Granderson said.

The team could not give a timetable for his return to the lineup. Granderson has said he won't think about it until he can swing and miss without pain.

Granderson has been on the 15-day disabled list since being hit by a high-and-tight fastball from Phillies pitcher Travis Blackley in a Spring Training game March 22.

The Tigers offense has looked out of sync, and the absence of Granderson, who finished 10th in last year's American League Most Valuable Player voting, could be a major reason. In his third season, Granderson became the second Major League player to post at least 30 doubles, 20 triples, 20 home runs and 20 stolen bases in a season, a feat Phillies shortstop Jimmy Rollins achieved soon after.

"He ignites your offense," manager Jim Leyland said of Granderson. "I think Cleveland misses having [Victor] Martinez in there. I think the Mets will miss having Pedro Martinez in there. And the Tigers miss having Curtis Granderson in there.

"

However, Leyland would not say the Tigers need him in order to restore offensive rhythm.

"When you start leaning toward that stuff, you're leaning toward the excuse mode, and we don't do that here," Leyland said. "Certainly there's enough professional hitters, and there's enough ammunition here.

"If we can't win a game without Curtis, then we're not as good as I thought we were.

"

Granderson acknowledged the job done by his replacements in center field. Rookie Clete Thomas leads the team with a .500 batting average, and Brandon Inge, arguably the team's MVP so far, has hit .375, two home runs and has a team-high four RBIs while also filling in at third base for Miguel Cabrera.

But Granderson's return could shake up the roster. It's perceived Thomas will be optioned to Triple-A Toledo, and Inge, with Cabrera back healthy, will likely return to his role of bench utility man and backup catcher.

"We'll just have to see what happens with all that," Leyland said.

April 7th, 2008, 3:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]