View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2014, 3:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Stanley Cup Playoffs - 1st Round - Nashville Predatros 
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Unfortunately, the series is now tied at 2 games apiece. Hasek let in a couple of more bad goals and got pulled. Osgood came in and played well, and as I stated before, he probably should have started the game. If he had, the Wings might be looking at a 3-1 lead right now. Hopefully, he'll get the start for Game 5.

April 17th, 2008, 9:43 am
Modmin Dude

I think the Wings are done. They didn't look like they had any heart last night and were just going through the motions. Face it, this team has a bunch of spoiled kids with huge heads (because of the regular season); they always start the season out strong then fall flat on their faces. I hope I'm wrong, but I see another early exit. If/when that does happen, the mgmt needs to seriously think about changing it up. Is Babcock done here? What about the older players (Draper, Maltby, Chelios, etc), are they gone? Is it time to say good-bye to Lidstrom? or at least take away the "C"? (IMO he hasn't been much of a captain and has made some mental mistakes the entire year).

Thoughts?

April 17th, 2008, 9:54 am
QB Coach

I think the Wings are done. They didn't look like they had any heart last night and were just going through the motions. Face it, this team has a bunch of spoiled kids with huge heads (because of the regular season); they always start the season out strong then fall flat on their faces. I hope I'm wrong, but I see another early exit. If/when that does happen, the mgmt needs to seriously think about changing it up. Is Babcock done here? What about the older players (Draper, Maltby, Chelios, etc), are they gone? Is it time to say good-bye to Lidstrom? or at least take away the "C"? (IMO he hasn't been much of a captain and has made some mental mistakes the entire year).

Thoughts?

Holy jumping the gun batman! The series is tied! And you're talking about blowing up the team? Even if they lose, getting rid of Draper, Maltby, or Chelly is just stupid. Those are 3 of the hardest working guys on the team. And you can't very well blame Maltby when he's not even playing. He tore his hamstring. Sheesh. As for getting rid of Lidstrom...wow. By far, the dumbest thing I've ever seen written about the wings. He's still the best defensemen in hockey. You don't get rid of a guy like that. Wow.

How about we wait and see if they pull it out and get on track? There are very few easy series in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. You're probably one of those same people who was ready to jump off the bandwagon a few years back when they lost the first couple games to Vancouver before they came back and ended up winning the cup. Your post is a great example, in my opinion, of why Joe Louis Arena is no longer one of the tougher places to play. Fickle, bandwagon fans who jump ship at the first sign of adversity.

April 17th, 2008, 10:11 am
Modmin Dude

TheRealWags wrote:

Thoughts?

Holy jumping the gun batman! The series is tied! And you're talking about blowing up the team? Even if they lose, getting rid of Draper, Maltby, or Chelly is just stupid. Those are 3 of the hardest working guys on the team. And you can't very well blame Maltby when he's not even playing. He tore his hamstring. Sheesh. As for getting rid of Lidstrom...wow. By far, the dumbest thing I've ever seen written about the wings. He's still the best defensemen in hockey. You don't get rid of a guy like that. Wow.

How about we wait and see if they pull it out and get on track? There are very few easy series in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. You're probably one of those same people who was ready to jump off the bandwagon a few years back when they lost the first couple games to Vancouver before they came back and ended up winning the cup. Your post is a great example, in my opinion, of why Joe Louis Arena is no longer one of the tougher places to play. Fickle, bandwagon fans who jump ship at the first sign of adversity.

Say what you want TDJ, but I saw a team with NO heart. They were standing still for most of the game. Now, its possible that they have no faith or trust in Hasek anymore because they did seem to pick it up (for a little while) when he finally got yanked and Osgood came it, but other than that I just don't see it. They played great the 1st 2 games but have shown nothing these past 2. Is it possible that they can still win it all, absolutely; but IMO if they play the same on Fri as they did last night and Mon night, then they're done. Babcock has to do something to get this team headed in the right direction and so does Lidstrom (he IS the captain after all, it's part of his job!). Of course I wouldn't want to get rid of Lids, but maybe he's not really cut out to wear the "C." There have been many players that were very good to great then they don the "C" and for some reason they can't handle it. I'm not saying that Lids is one of those players, but he could be. Besides, IMO the questions I asked are the questions that any good front office should ask themselves all the time (unless of course your the Lions :wink: )

As for you questioning my dedication to this team, I will ignore those remarks because quite frankly it is a bit insulting to me.

April 17th, 2008, 10:27 am
QB Coach

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:

Thoughts?

Say what you want TDJ, but I saw a team with NO heart. They were standing still for most of the game. Now, its possible that they have no faith or trust in Hasek anymore because they did seem to pick it up (for a little while) when he finally got yanked and Osgood came it, but other than that I just don't see it. They played great the 1st 2 games but have shown nothing these past 2. Is it possible that they can still win it all, absolutely; but IMO if they play the same on Fri as they did last night and Mon night, then they're done. Babcock has to do something to get this team headed in the right direction and so does Lidstrom (he IS the captain after all, it's part of his job!). Of course I wouldn't want to get rid of Lids, but maybe he's not really cut out to wear the "C." There have been many players that were very good to great then they don the "C" and for some reason they can't handle it. I'm not saying that Lids is one of those players, but he could be. Besides, IMO the questions I asked are the questions that any good front office should ask themselves all the time (unless of course your the Lions :wink: )

As for you questioning my dedication to this team, I will ignore those remarks because quite frankly it is a bit insulting to me.

Sorry, didn't mean to insult you. I just get frustrated seeing The Joe half empty when I watch the games on TV.

I agree with you that they looked bad last night. I was sitting at home yelling at my tv. But it's way to early to start talking about blowing up the team. This is their first real taste of adversity this year. Let's see how they respond before we make a judgement. Babcock is a good coach. He's shown in the past that he can win in the playoffs. Now is the time for a good coach to rally the troops. Same goes for Lidstrom, like you said.

I still believe!!!

April 17th, 2008, 10:34 am

I'm not ready to blow up the team either and I certainly don't think they're out of this series. As Wags said, the team seemed to pick it up a notch once Osgood came in. Therefore, they should start him in goal for Game 5 and possibly Game 6.

In addition, I heard something interesting on the radio this morning. Last night was the first time this season that Hasek has played four games in seven days. Perhaps, he could use a rest because he isn't a spring chicken anymore. It couldn't hurt, could it?

April 17th, 2008, 11:21 am
QB Coach

I'm not ready to blow up the team either and I certainly don't think they're out of this series. As Wags said, the team seemed to pick it up a notch once Osgood came in. Therefore, they should start him in goal for Game 5 and possibly Game 6.

In addition, I heard something interesting on the radio this morning. Last night was the first time this season that Hasek has played four games in seven days. Perhaps, he could use a rest because he isn't a spring chicken anymore. It couldn't hurt, could it?

I was actually kind of thinking the same thing. He and Ozzy rotated starting duties all season, so it might be too much to expect him to start every game in the playoffs. Whoever starts sure as heck better be on their game. This isn't going to get any easier.

April 17th, 2008, 11:51 am

Detroit Free Press wrote:
It's official: Hasek benched; Wings to start Osgood
By HELENE ST. JAMES • Free Press Sports Writer • April 17, 2008

It's official: Dominik Hasek, after a brief practice today, said he had been told by coach Mike Babcock that Chris Osgood would start in net Friday when the Red Wings host the Predators in Game 5 of the first-round series.

Osgood took over early in the second period of Game 4 after Dominik Hasek had allowed three goals on 14 shots, leading to a 3-2 loss and a 2-2 series.

After the game, Hasek was dejected as he left the Sommet Center.

“Very disappointed,” he said. “Last 60 minutes is the worst hockey I've played in my life. I have nothing to say about it. It's terrible. I feel very bad about myself.”

Hasek is 2-2 in the series with a .888 save percentage and 2.91 goals-against average.

Nashville's rookie goalie, Dan Ellis, is 2-2 with a .924 save percentage and 2.78 goals-against average.

April 17th, 2008, 5:24 pm

Well, that certainly was a scary game last night. The Wings dominated them throughout, but could only manage one goal in regulation because Ellis was playing his butt off. Those are the types of games that they usually lose in the playoffs, but Franzen came up huge early in OT. I'm still shaking my head at some of the chances the Wings missed during that game, especially a couple by Zetterberg and another by Franzen.

April 19th, 2008, 10:57 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Frazen is the man the last month!!! so much domination from the Wings and it had to go to over time.. they need to close down Nashville today!

April 19th, 2008, 12:36 pm

The Wings win! The Wings win! The Wings win! And win the series four games to two. The score was 3-0, but it could have been much worse than that. For the first two periods, it looked as if the Red Wings were playing keep away with the Predators. They controlled the puck for practically the entire time and Osgood only had to make a handful of good saves. Also, I'm still laughing about Lidstrom's 100 foot knuckleball that went into the net. As soon as that happened, Nashville was done.

BTW, the Wings will play either Colorado or Calgary in the next round.

April 20th, 2008, 7:17 pm
Modmin Dude

Congrats to the Wings!! They played a great game yesterday. Now that is the Red Wings team that I expect to see playing. IMO they dominated the entire game. Sure there were bit a pieces when Nashville seemed to get something going, then the Wings stopped them. I think Ozzie should stay in goal until he proves that he can't handle it. IMO the only way Hasek should get back in is if Ozzie gets overwhelmed, the Wings are leading 8-0 with 5 mins to play...that's about it.

So, what does everyong think about our possible 2nd round oppoents? Calgary or Colorado?

April 21st, 2008, 10:32 am
QB Coach

Congrats to the Wings!! They played a great game yesterday. Now that is the Red Wings team that I expect to see playing. IMO they dominated the entire game. Sure there were bit a pieces when Nashville seemed to get something going, then the Wings stopped them. I think Ozzie should stay in goal until he proves that he can't handle it. IMO the only way Hasek should get back in is if Ozzie gets overwhelmed, the Wings are leading 8-0 with 5 mins to play...that's about it.

So, what does everyong think about our possible 2nd round oppoents? Calgary or Colorado?

Wait, Wags I thought the Wings were done? Don't we need to blow up the team and take the C away from Lidstrom? :lol: :wink:

April 21st, 2008, 11:05 am
Modmin Dude

TheRealWags wrote:

Wait, Wags I thought the Wings were done? Don't we need to blow up the team and take the C away from Lidstrom? :lol: :wink:

Nice jab there TDJ, but you know that's not what I was saying :lol: :wink:...they finally played like the Wings I've come to know and love and when they're playing like that I don't think anyone could beat them in a series...futhermore I believe they played that well partially because of Ozzie in net. It just seems to me that they have more faith in Ozzie right now.

April 21st, 2008, 11:33 am
QB Coach

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:

Nice jab there TDJ, but you know that's not what I was saying :lol: :wink:...they finally played like the Wings I've come to know and love and when they're playing like that I don't think anyone could beat them in a series...futhermore I believe they played that well partially because of Ozzie in net. It just seems to me that they have more faith in Ozzie right now.

I know, and I agree about Ozzie. He's been fantastic.

Just had to get a little shot in there on ya!

April 21st, 2008, 11:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next