View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 6:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Shocker of the year 
Heisman Winner

Post Shocker of the year
Grilli was dealt today to the Rockies for single A pitcher Zach Simons. The move was done to make roster space for Francisco Cruceta

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080430/SPORTS02/80430077/1050

April 30th, 2008, 9:58 pm
The move was done because he asbolutely sucks...

April 30th, 2008, 11:22 pm
Varsity Captain

Yeah I'm not to upset by this move, he may have been a great clubhouse guy, but not much of a pitcher.

May 1st, 2008, 7:45 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Why is this a shocker? I hated Grilli more than any other player on the team and I wanted him gone two years ago. Well, I guess it could be considered a shock since they actually did get rid of him instead of handing him a roster spot. I don't know anything about the kid that they got for him, but I would have taken a bologna sandwich or a bag of baseballs. Good riddance!

May 1st, 2008, 12:32 pm
Heisman Winner

Why is this a shocker? I hated Grilli more than any other player on the team and I wanted him gone two years ago. Well, I guess it could be considered a shock since they actually did get rid of him instead of handing him a roster spot. I don't know anything about the kid that they got for him, but I would have taken a bologna sandwich or a bag of baseballs. Good riddance!

I guess the sarcasm didn't translate well there. The player they got isn't really the reason the made the trade, they needed the space for Francisco Cruceta who had visa problems to start the year. Although I really didn't like Grilli he did come back from a very poor start thes year. His ERA for the year so far is 3.29, which is very impressive if you consider how bad he started. I hope the best for him he was a classy guy who just ran into a really bad streach to start the season, not sure why he stuck out any more than any other player on the roster but he did, not only in my eyes and nearly all the fans eyes and most importantly the Tiger's front office's eyes.

May 1st, 2008, 1:13 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I guess our health will be a little better, but I can't believe Leyland gave him up!!! I alway wonder what Grilli had on Leyland to stay on the team!

May 1st, 2008, 6:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]