View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 12:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 2009 Recruiting Classes 
RIP Killer

Post 2009 Recruiting Classes
Lets talk about potential recruits for the Big Ten. OSU is shapping up for a GREAT year, 14 top notch recruits already. Not sure on where MI or any other Big Ten team sits, but we did just nab the best player from MI, WR James Jackson.

May 13th, 2008, 10:27 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Actually, DT William Campbell is the best player in the state and he gave a verbal to Michigan awhile ago. Honestly, I don't even know who WR James Jackson is. In addition, I know that the top two RBs in the state have committed to MSU.

May 13th, 2008, 10:40 am
RIP Killer

Actually, DT William Campbell is the best player in the state and he gave a verbal to Michigan awhile ago. Honestly, I don't even know who WR James Jackson is. In addition, I know that the top two RBs in the state have committed to MSU.

Huh, well I guess we will see rankings when the fall stuff comes out. Everyone gets a better ranking when they commit to a school. No one from OSU will rank Campbell over Jackson now, lol. :lol:

May 13th, 2008, 10:42 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I just went to rivals.com and OSU does have a strong class with seven players in the top 100. Michigan has three, including Campbell at #23 (which is the highest in MI). I couldn't find Jackson in the top 100, though.
http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1936

May 13th, 2008, 10:58 am
RIP Killer

I just went to rivals.com and OSU does have a strong class with seven players in the top 100. Michigan has three, including Campbell at #23 (which is the highest in MI). I couldn't find Jackson in the top 100, though.
http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1936

I just re-read what the buckeye board was saying and I saw that they said best WR in MI, not best player, my mistake.

We also just had a DB de-committ to go to Penn, Darrell Givens. not sure why, but probably a depth chart thing. He would play very quickly at Penn, which isn't a bad school by any means.

May 13th, 2008, 11:09 am
3rd Round Selection

We have our QB problem fixed with Kevin Newsome and Shavodrick Beaver, we're still probably pretty screwed this year though. But both are very good dual threat QBs that will run Rich's scheme very well, especially Newsome who is a 5 star prospect and the 5th ranked QB in the nation according to Scout.com

And Sly, don't use Rivals for ranking info. Your right about Campbell being the top Michigan prospect this year but Rivals is the worst site around in rating players. For example, Rivals had Sam McGuffie ranked as a 4 star RB and the 10th all purpose back in the nation and didn't even have him in their top 250 when every other recruiting site on the internet had him as a top 10 RB PERIOD and most have him in the top 50 of all players in the nation reguardless on position.

May 13th, 2008, 8:48 pm
QB Coach

CAMPBELL EXPLAINS DECISION

After being committed to Michigan for more than a year, Detroit Cass Tech five-star defensive tackle William Campbell re-opened his recruitment last week.

"I talked to Coach Rod, coach (Bruce) Tall and coach Tony Dews," Campbell told TheWolverine.com. "They were just talking about how they understand my situation, but they are always going to recruit me and they are always going to stay in touch."

College coaches were allowed to phone prospects for the first time in three months this past week, but Campbell said that was not what prompted his decision.

"I really didn't get that many calls," Campbell said. "I just wanted to open myself up and see what is out there."

The only official visit Campbell has set up is to Miami in December, but he also has had talks with LSU and other programs about possible visits.

I don't know the full story but I hope somehow we can keep the kid. Losing a home grown 5 star prospect would suck.

September 11th, 2008, 12:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]