View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 30th, 2014, 5:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Stanley Cup Finals-Detroit Red Wings vs Pittsburgh Penguins 
Modmin Dude

Post Stanley Cup Finals-Detroit Red Wings vs Pittsburgh Penguins
It took 6 years, but the Wings are finally back to the Stanley Cup Finals. The last stage of the Quest for the Cup commences on Sat, May 24 @ 5:00pm PDT.

Here are some links to the coverage:

The Stanley Cup
Detroit Red Wings Playoff Central
The Bowman Connection
ESPN Cup Coverage
TSN Cup Coverage

Last edited by TheRealWags on May 22nd, 2008, 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 22nd, 2008, 3:44 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Where is Pittsburg? Never heard of it. :lol:

This is going to be an interesting series and will more than likely be high scoring. While I give Pittsburgh the slight edge at the forward position, the Red Wings have a huge advantage on defense. I also think they have the edge in goal because of Osgood's experience. Will Fluery choke under pressure? That's the big question. I could see a few 5-4 games in this series.

In the end, I see the Wings' experience leading them to victory in 6 or 7 games. Having home ice doesn't hurt either.

May 22nd, 2008, 5:45 pm
Modmin Dude

Where is Pittsburg? Never heard of it. :lol:

This is going to be an interesting series and will more than likely be high scoring. While I give Pittsburgh the slight edge at the forward position, the Red Wings have a huge advantage on defense. I also think they have the edge in goal because of Osgood's experience. Will Fluery choke under pressure? That's the big question. I could see a few 5-4 games in this series.

In the end, I see the Wings' experience leading them to victory in 6 or 7 games. Having home ice doesn't hurt either.

XXbazooka.gif new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif qleft1.gif slybri19

:twisted:

:lol:

(fixed it for you :wink: :lol: )

May 22nd, 2008, 5:50 pm
NFL Team Captain

4 -0 and the Wings take the first game!!! Go wings! :idea:

May 25th, 2008, 11:34 am

First of all, Franzen has been cleared to play tonight, so that's good news.

As for Game 1, I never expected the Wings to completely shut down the Pens like they did for the last two periods. That was unreal and if they can keep that up, this series will be over quickly. The first period was scary though, and that call on Holmstrom was total BS once again. I guess he's gonna have to stand 10 feet in front of the crease now or something.

May 26th, 2008, 2:34 pm

The Wings are up two games to none after a 3-0 victory. Can anybody say "SWEEP!"? That's what's going to happen if the Penguins can't find a way to solve the Detroit defense. It's actually kinda funny to watch sometimes because they look clueless out there.

On a side note, I hope the Wings re-sign Brad Stuart who they got at the trade deadline and will be a free agent this summer. He scored a rare goal tonight, but his defensive ability is amazing at times. He's only 28 and they need to lock him up for a long time to come. IMO, Lidstrom, Rafalski, Kronwall, and Stuart are the best top four defensemen group in the league and nobody is even close.

May 26th, 2008, 11:53 pm
RIP Killer

This series, like the rest of the ones the Wings have been thru this year, looks like a giant mismatch. I almost feel sorry for the Penguins.

GO WINGS!

May 27th, 2008, 9:38 am
Profile WWW

I forgot to mention earlier the cheap shots by the PenGOONS at the end of Game 2. Why would anyone (with any class) hit a guy in the head who just returned from a concussion? A bunch of sad, sorry losers IMO. Hopefully, they'll knock that stuff off or else we're gonna have to send Kronwall after their star players.

May 28th, 2008, 11:45 am

Oh well, the Wings lost Game 3 by a score of 3-2. I'm not worried about it because they outplayed the Pens except from the middle of the 1st until the middle of the 2nd. Their chances just didn't go in, while Pittsburgh's did. I'm kinda pissed at Osgood for that third goal since he attempted a poke check and fell on his face. Before he could get back into his net, a scrub banked it off his back for the winning goal. Doesn't matter though. The Wings are the superior team and will win the Cup (hopefully in Game 5 at the Joe!).

May 29th, 2008, 12:47 am
Modmin Dude

It was another good game last night. I didn't expect the Wings to sweep the Pens and I figured the home crowd would help the Pens so I was actually expecting a loss last night. Now that the Wings are more familar with the Pens fans/ice/line changes they should be able to impose their will against them on Sat then finish them off on Mon and raise Lord Stanley's Cup!

Go Wings!!!

May 29th, 2008, 9:39 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I agree Sly, they kept hitting Franzen in the head during the 3 period and I think that small fight at the end of the game was the last the Wings could stand..

The 3rd period of game 3 was some great hockey and too bad we came up on the short end..I am going with 5 games...

GO WINGS!!!!!

May 29th, 2008, 5:09 pm

I just wonder if Holmstrom will be able to play tonight or not. He says that he will, but I've heard so many conflicting reports that I don't know anymore. In addition, does anybody really know what his injury is? Babcock said it was a hamstring (probably a lie), but I've also heard hernia, groin, and knee. Ya gotta love the misinformation during the hockey playoffs.

May 31st, 2008, 9:04 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

They never give ya the real injury during the playoffs, if Bowman was still coach he would say it was a shoulder injury, even though you see Homer limping around. That guy was great, remember when the Wings were playing Colorado one year and he was complaining that the benches in Col. were to short and he had an extension made for the benches??? LOL that man was brilliant!!! Or he would have the visitors dressing room painted so the other team would have to deal with the fumes?? Haha I loved the head games he played

The phone rings at 3AM in the White House, McCain replies call me at 9:30

May 31st, 2008, 9:41 am

Looks like the Red Wings didn't need Homer last night, as they took a commanding 3-1 series lead. It certainly was scary though, wasn't it? It seemed like they spent half the night in the penalty box, thanks to the Pen's coach, Michelle's, whining, but it didn't matter. Also, I found the second period quite frustrating. The Wings completely outplayed them, but most of their shots either missed the net or were blocked. However, Hudler came up big in the 3rd and that 5 on 3 penalty kill sealed the deal. I can't see how Pittsburgh can come back from that, so the Wings should win the Cup on Monday night.

June 1st, 2008, 11:14 am
Walk On

Since the pistons lost and watching coverage on the Lakers/Celtics just makes me want to vomit. We know the lions dont get any coverage on the NFL network (for good reason) I love skipping over to the NHL network and watch those crazy haired comentators talk about the Wings.

I know Larry Murphy won a cup with the wings and was one heck of a Defensemen but his due makes me crack up every time I see him. Hockey is still stuck in the eighties :)

Anyway, watching postgame of the Pens coach was rather amusing. I know nobody likes to lose but come on dude. Be professinal. Every question he aswered was 3 to 7 words tops. Interviews with Sid the Kid :roll: are great too. I know you have to be possitive in the face of elimination but to say that you've been in the games and arent getting manhandled is a joke.

STICK IT TO EM WINGS!!!!!! :arrow:

June 2nd, 2008, 2:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next