View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2014, 4:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Flip Saunders fired 
QB Coach

This whole thing looks like Joe is doing everything he can to get the most out of Sheed... I don't think he's going anywhere...

If you don't trade Sheed then who do you trade? IMO there isn't anyone you can trade... You don't get rid of an All Star PG... RIP is your most reliable shooter... Prince is too valuable defensively... Stuckey is part of your future...

What this team needs is a big guy that is willing to do the dirty work, play defense, block some shots, rebound and able to get a few points for you down low... They have no post game since Sheed doesn't seem to like to do it...

I'd give Alonzo Mourning a call and see if he wants another shot at a ring...

I disagree. Stuckey shouldn't be traded. But Sheed, RIP, or Chauncey could be traded. Especially Sheed or Chauncey. Sheed is a great talent, but tempermental and I think if they can get good value for him, that's a trade that should be made. As for Chauncey, I think they overpaid for him and are likely stuck with him. I think he's on the decline, but is still a good player. Like any truly good organization, the Pistons needs to restock now before they get too old, and that often involves getting rid of some good players who are popular with fans. It's either that or you end up like the Bulls after Jordan. I'm just glad I don't have to make those decisions, because they're not easy ones.

June 16th, 2008, 3:21 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

Murtyle wrote:
This whole thing looks like Joe is doing everything he can to get the most out of Sheed... I don't think he's going anywhere...

If you don't trade Sheed then who do you trade? IMO there isn't anyone you can trade... You don't get rid of an All Star PG... RIP is your most reliable shooter... Prince is too valuable defensively... Stuckey is part of your future...

What this team needs is a big guy that is willing to do the dirty work, play defense, block some shots, rebound and able to get a few points for you down low... They have no post game since Sheed doesn't seem to like to do it...

I disagree. Stuckey shouldn't be traded. But Sheed, RIP, or Chauncey could be traded. Especially Sheed or Chauncey. Sheed is a great talent, but tempermental and I think if they can get good value for him, that's a trade that should be made. As for Chauncey, I think they overpaid for him and are likely stuck with him. I think he's on the decline, but is still a good player. Like any truly good organization, the Pistons needs to restock now before they get too old, and that often involves getting rid of some good players who are popular with fans. It's either that or you end up like the Bulls after Jordan. I'm just glad I don't have to make those decisions, because they're not easy ones.

I was all for trading Sheed... I just don't think it will happen... He was the only one that showed up for the Curry hire and they hired his college roommate as an assistant... I might be reading too much into it, but it looks like they are trying to get all they can out of Sheed...

Unless you get something great, I don't think you trade any of these guys if you are going to stick with Sheed... I think you add a complimentary piece in Zo and through the draft...

June 16th, 2008, 7:07 pm
QB Coach

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
Murtyle wrote:

I was all for trading Sheed... I just don't think it will happen... He was the only one that showed up for the Curry hire and they hired his college roommate as an assistant... I might be reading too much into it, but it looks like they are trying to get all they can out of Sheed...

Unless you get something great, I don't think you trade any of these guys if you are going to stick with Sheed... I think you add a complimentary piece in Zo and through the draft...

Getting Zo is a pipe dream. He won't play for anyone but Miami, and he's done.

June 16th, 2008, 8:55 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

Do you know that? Has he held a presser? Have you heard him say he wouldn't play for anyone else? I'm asking, I really don't know...

June 16th, 2008, 10:24 pm
QB Coach

Do you know that? Has he held a presser? Have you heard him say he wouldn't play for anyone else? I'm asking, I really don't know...

I don't believe he's specifically said that lately, but after the Heat won the championship, he was offered more money from the Spurs, but turned them down to stay with the Heat. That and the fact that he's old, and has kidney problems, leads me to conclude that not only would he not play anywhere but Miami, he doesn't have the physical ability to do it anymore.

June 17th, 2008, 11:06 am
Junior Varsity

Murtyle wrote:

I don't believe he's specifically said that lately, but after the Heat won the championship, he was offered more money from the Spurs, but turned them down to stay with the Heat. That and the fact that he's old, and has kidney problems, leads me to conclude that not only would he not play anywhere but Miami, he doesn't have the physical ability to do it anymore.

:shock: That's more than enough reasons not to want him in a Pistons jersey imho.

Eldridge Cleaver

Go get 'em, TIGERS!!! :)

July 22nd, 2008, 4:21 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2