View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 2nd, 2014, 8:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Out of the basement!!! 
Post Out of the basement!!!
Out of the basement and two games out of first!!! Shame on the doubters of this team!!! :D

May 1st, 2008, 1:28 am
Varsity Captain

That's why I didn't know why everyone was so nervous, there are alot of game's to play.

May 1st, 2008, 7:47 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I had no doubt that they would contend for the division title, but they won't win it unless they get more consistent pitching. They took a huge step in doing that by getting rid of Grilli, but they need the rest of the pitching staff to settle down and throw strikes. I'm tired of seeing the starter throw 100 pitches through five innings with six or seven walks. If they can improve upon that, they've got a chance.

May 1st, 2008, 12:39 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

all it took was the weather to get better, but tonight's game in NY will be a test..

May 1st, 2008, 6:14 pm
I had no doubt that they would contend for the division title, but they won't win it unless they get more consistent pitching. They took a huge step in doing that by getting rid of Grilli, but they need the rest of the pitching staff to settle down and throw strikes. I'm tired of seeing the starter throw 100 pitches through five innings with six or seven walks. If they can improve upon that, they've got a chance.

The pitching staff is shaping up QUICKLY though... I'm not going to bother looking up names, but the dood that had passport issues now has them worked out and he's tearing it up in AA (or AAA?), the guy that came in for Willis is playing really well, and we really weren't all that bad off to begin with. Now don't get me wrong, I know we were having issues, but how much would ONE additional reliever have helped this team? IMO one good reliever would have turned nearly all of our issues around, and we have 3-4 guys shaping up to play very well, very soon (I wish damn Bautista could get his confidence issues straight. He really has some nasty stuff when he wants to locate it....)

This could get very interesting very fast... Add a "Fernando" or a"Zoom" to the list and, DAMN!!!

May 1st, 2008, 7:02 pm
Walk On

Just swept the Chicago. Verlander and Kenny both pitched jems. Polanco is on a tear. Migueal and the rest of the Central Americans are starting to hit there stride now that the weathers warmin up.

Losing Bondo is a big one. What the heck are we gonna do with the D-train? Galaraga has been solid. Getting Rodney/Zumaya back is huge.

Only 8 games back going into some interleague play against the Dodgers. 59 days to go til lions opener. LETS STICK WITH THE TIGERS!!

June 13th, 2008, 3:30 pm
Walk On

2 sweeps in a row!!! ROCK ON!!!! :D :arrow:

June 15th, 2008, 7:21 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

The Tigers are finally starting to turn things around, but is it too little, too late? The loss of Bonderman and Willis (temporary, I hope) is huge, but atleast Galarraga has stepped up. The return of Rodney (despite his first outing) and Zumaya should help, but they need to find another starting pitcher to have any hope of making the playoffs. Atleast nobody is running away with the Central, so there is still a chance.

June 19th, 2008, 11:26 am
Varsity Captain

everythings still good we're still only a few games away from 500 and we haven't even hit the allstar break yet. I smell a playoff run comin

June 19th, 2008, 9:45 pm
Walk On

Just took another series from the Padre's. Really been killin the NL. Wish we could play em more :wink:

Nice to see Verlander getting some wins. Was worried his confidence might get shaky.

THere all we got right now. They need our support!!!! 8)

June 23rd, 2008, 1:00 am
Walk On

took another series from the cards! Extra innings yesterday and in the bottom of the ninth the night before.

Clete Tomas has really steped up. Nice to have a fast running, left handed bat in our lineup.

Sheff seems to be returning to form. Heres to hoping he can stay healthy the rest of the season.

Was good to see Zoom back out on the mound as well. Rod and Mario (overated) stated that he's lost 30 pounds or so since last year. Though he did give up 2 runs when I watched him it was really exciting to see him throw 99 mph then throw in a curve or changeup and have the batter fall over himself. GOOD STUFF!!!!

June 27th, 2008, 11:39 am
Hall of Fame Player

Just swept the Rockies to pull 1 game above .500 :!: :idea:

June 29th, 2008, 7:09 pm

June 30th, 2008, 4:15 pm
Varsity Captain

^^^^^^ no kidding this series with the twins should tell us just how far they have came

June 30th, 2008, 7:50 pm
Walk On

Playing against the AL has brought the tigs back to earth alittle bit. Who wants to make a wager on the AL winning it all again?

Playing the Tribe tonight. Now that CC is gone mabey we can sweep em out the door :wink:

July 8th, 2008, 2:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next