View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 6:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 ESPN League - 2008 Season Thread. This time, it's for keeps. 

Shall we raise the stakes and make this years draft a live auction style draft?
Yes 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
No 78%  78%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 9

ESPN League - 2008 Season Thread. This time, it's for keeps. 
Hall of Fame Player

Post ESPN League - 2008 Season Thread. This time, it's for keeps.
Greetings and Salutations,

Please view the link at the bottom of this post before voting.

The league has been activated for the 2008 season.

Wags, You need to select 1 more keeper

The following teams need to select 3 keepers ASAP

- SILVER RUSH
COMPOST TURNER
RIDICULOUS RENEGADES
TEAM BEACH BUMS
ACE DEUCE BLAZERS
ANDO'S COMMANDOS
TEAM SEAMAN II
RIVERVIEW BUCCANEERS

This is a 3 year league. It is now the 3rd year.

Any team that hasn't set their keepers by the deadline will be considered an abandoned team and a new owner will be recruited. Either Rhys_Pieces or me will set the 3 most logical keepers from their roster(s).

Please read the poll attached to this post and vote . If you don't know what an auction style draft is, please inform yourself before voting.

Here is a link that will educate you on Auction drafts:
http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/content?page=fflrulesauctionoverview2008

June 11th, 2008, 4:36 pm
QB Coach

I have never done an auction league before and I am not interested in doing one so my vote goes no.

June 11th, 2008, 4:43 pm
Modmin Dude

I have never done an auction league before and I am not interested in doing one so my vote goes no.

this

June 11th, 2008, 4:53 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I voted No, even though I think I could manipulate that system fairly good.

June 11th, 2008, 5:37 pm
Varsity 1st Team

Could be fun. However, our league is so big and our draft so long that it could be rather complicated doing it for the first time. Perhaps in a smaller league.

I vote no.

July 1st, 2008, 9:11 am
Mr. Irrelevant

July 2nd, 2008, 12:01 am
Varsity 1st Team

There was some mention of ditching the flex WR/TE position reducing the number of WR's. Is this going to happen?

July 2nd, 2008, 7:47 am
Hall of Fame Player

There was some mention of ditching the flex WR/TE position reducing the number of WR's. Is this going to happen?

Nope. It stays. :D

July 5th, 2008, 9:23 pm
RIP Killer

If someone does want to abandon their team, I'll take it!

July 6th, 2008, 11:02 pm

Billy or Rhys, I checked the site yesterday and there are six owners who have not selected their keepers by the July 2nd deadline. What is up with that? My guess is that they are not returning, so you had better start looking for replacements now. C02 has already volunteered, so there's one. If we have to cut the league down to 12 teams, that's fine with me. That just means that there will more quality players available in the draft. Also, if you guys are too busy to keep up with this, then you could add me as another Commish if you would like.

July 7th, 2008, 11:58 am
Hall of Fame Player

Billy or Rhys, I checked the site yesterday and there are six owners who have not selected their keepers by the July 2nd deadline. What is up with that? My guess is that they are not returning, so you had better start looking for replacements now. C02 has already volunteered, so there's one. If we have to cut the league down to 12 teams, that's fine with me. That just means that there will more quality players available in the draft. Also, if you guys are too busy to keep up with this, then you could add me as another Commish if you would like.

Done. Sorry, I haven't been able to keep up with things everyone. It's not a matter of not having enough time to keep up. But, since I became a truck driver, I have a hard time finding an internet connection on a consistent basis.

July 8th, 2008, 8:49 am

Thanks, Billy. Now, I have to figure out what you have done up to this point in regards to contacting the team owners or finding replacements for them. The teams that have not selected their keepers are:

Silver Rush (Oklahoma Lion)
Compost Turner (PT Bruiser)
Ando's Commandos (Tenacious A)
Syracuse Surge (sweetd20)
Riverview Buccaneers (mineral)
Ace Deuce Blazers (I have no idea)

Since Oklahoma Lion, Tenacious A, and mineral haven't been on this board for about a year or so, I doubt they will return. I have no idea about the other three, so I will give them some time.

If anyone else (besides C02) is interested in acquiring a team, post it in this thread and you'll probably get one. If it's OK with Billy and Rhys, I'll let the new owners select which team they want on a first come first serve basis after it's been determined which former owners will not be returning. Obviously, C02 will get the first choice and there are a couple of good teams to be had.

July 8th, 2008, 2:57 pm
Heisman Winner

keeper league sounds fun, I'll take one if it's available.

July 8th, 2008, 4:04 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Thanks, Billy. Now, I have to figure out what you have done up to this point in regards to contacting the team owners or finding replacements for them. The teams that have not selected their keepers are:

Silver Rush (Oklahoma Lion)
Compost Turner (PT Bruiser)
Ando's Commandos (Tenacious A)
Syracuse Surge (sweetd20)
Riverview Buccaneers (mineral)
Ace Deuce Blazers (I have no idea)

Since Oklahoma Lion, Tenacious A, and mineral haven't been on this board for about a year or so, I doubt they will return. I have no idea about the other three, so I will give them some time.

If anyone else (besides C02) is interested in acquiring a team, post it in this thread and you'll probably get one. If it's OK with Billy and Rhys, I'll let the new owners select which team they want on a first come first serve basis after it's been determined which former owners will not be returning. Obviously, C02 will get the first choice and there are a couple of good teams to be had.

Tenacious A posts on the TLF boards. As far as contacting team owners, I haven't had the combination of time and an internet connection to do so. When I do find an internet connection, I only have a couple hours until I have to get some sleep so I don't fall asleep at the wheel the next day.

80K lbs. + 61 MPH + sleeping at the wheel = XXeyeslam.gif

July 8th, 2008, 7:24 pm

Billy, I emailed the six missing owners yesterday, but I haven't heard back from any of them yet. I suppose we could wait until the end of the month and then start passing out the teams to others that are interested. So far, C02 and Roy, Roy, Roy have asked for teams, so they are first on the list.

July 9th, 2008, 11:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next