View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 18th, 2014, 1:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Congrats to Shaun Rogers 
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Post Congrats to Shaun Rogers
This is from NFL.com

DEFENSE: DT SHAUN ROGERS, DETROIT LIONS
? Rogers played a key role on a Lions? defense that limited the Giants to 13 points ? their lowest point total of the season ? en route to a 28-13 road-win over New York. Rogers totaled four tackles, 1.0 sack and one pass defensed on the day as the defensive line posted 6.0 sacks in the victory. He also helped contain the Giants powerful rushing attack, led by TIKI BARBER, to 75 yards, its second-lowest output of the year. Detroit, which has now won three consecutive road games, forced five fumbles on the day, recovering one.

In his fourth season from Texas, this is Rogers? first career Player of the Week Award

I finaly broke 100 post

October 27th, 2004, 11:42 am
RIP Killer

Rogers has been a beast and as Brian pointed out "in his contract year." I wonder if the Lions will throw the transition tag on him this year?

He is going to get a lot of recognition in the league this year. The Lions made a great move getting him in the third round after so many teams passed on him due to injury concerns. :D

October 27th, 2004, 12:14 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

They better tag him. I wonder how much they will have to pay rogers if they do tag him. Isnt the rule he makes the most at his position if they do tag him?

October 27th, 2004, 12:33 pm
RIP Killer

I believe he would make the "average of the top 5 players at his position" so it will be good $ but not make him the highest paid player.

October 27th, 2004, 1:39 pm
Profile WWW
All State

we are gonna have to pay big baby big money but he is key to the defense and imo worth it.

October 28th, 2004, 5:54 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

When your interior lineman is dominant...that is a rare and very good thing.

October 29th, 2004, 12:57 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

If I remember, John Tait had a "transition tag" placed on him last off-season, and was signed away from the Chiefs to the Bears. I don't know if we want to risk letting him possibly walk, so we would just franchise him. I don't know if anyone could tell me that there are 5 better defensive tackles in the game now, playing with the intensity that Rogers does. We can't let him walk, he is our #1 priority this off-season.

October 29th, 2004, 11:00 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]