View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 1st, 2014, 7:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Oops, there goes the Stanley Cup......... 
Modmin Dude

Post Oops, there goes the Stanley Cup.........
freep.com wrote:
How the Wings dented the Stanley Cup
FREE PRESS STAFF AND NEWS SERVICES • June 18, 2008

Chris Chelios’ errant pass to Brett Lebda reportedly dented the Sanley Cup.

NHL spokeswoman Bernadette Mansur said June 7 the Stanley Cup got a slight dent Friday after some players took the trophy to Cheli's Chili Bar, owned by Chris Chelios.

TSN host James Duthie reports what happened to the Cup. Here is what he wrote on the Ottawa Citizen’s web site.

“Chelios was atop the bar, Coyote Ugly style, Cup in hand, with the packed crowd cheering madly. At some point there was an attempted handoff to Brett Lebda. Whether it was the chaos of the crowd, or the…umm…content of the blood, balance was lost. Down went Lebda. Down went Stanley.

“And no, the dent wasn’t “slight”. In fact, it needed emergency service. Mike Bolt, the Keeper of the Cup, was taken to Joe Louis Arena, where Stan, like a forward who took a puck in the eye, was placed gently on the trainer’s table in the Red Wings dressing room, and operated on. Bolt had to use a hammer to carefully pop the dent out, a procedure that resembled neurosurgery in its intricacy. One of the bands that contain all the names popped off at one point.”

The Free Press asked Lebda and Chelios about the dent. "I don't know what you're talking about," Lebda said. "I didn't drop it. That's a bad rumor going around."

Said Chelios: "I'm not saying nothing. I looked at the Cup today -- there's no dings in it. There's nothing wrong with it. So it's a rumor. A bad rumor."

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article? ... 80014/1053

June 18th, 2008, 9:55 am
Bubbles the Lion

Brett Lebda Went To My highschool, Woooohoooo!!!!

July 12th, 2008, 8:31 pm
From what I understand, he's denying it... But really it's a non-issue... That thing has been droped, pizzed in by more than one person, and all sorts of other things... Look up some of the things that have happened to the cup... It's pretty amazing... Didn't stop me from drinkin' out of it!!!

:idea:

July 12th, 2008, 9:40 pm
Bubbles the Lion

From what I understand, he's denying it... But really it's a non-issue... That thing has been droped, pizzed in by more than one person, and all sorts of other things... Look up some of the things that have happened to the cup... It's pretty amazing... Didn't stop me from drinkin' out of it!!!

:idea:

When I was young like 96-97 when the 1st wave of Wings rectum kicking took place my parents got me a book @ the Hockey Hall of Fame about the history of the cup, its been thrown out windows, stolen numerous times, used as a birdbath, im sure wizzed in by some drunk players, and dropped by some hammered hockey players, Slept with by Mike Illitch (eww) its probly gotten laid more then we have & I bet Gary Betmans dropped it, he looks like he would :?

July 13th, 2008, 1:02 am
Modmin Dude

Looks like there was something else in the Cup... :shock:

Freep.com wrote:
Remember this the next time you say you'd like to kiss the Stanley Cup.

Red Wings forward Kris Draper revealed during the weekend that his diaperless baby, Kamryn, did a number on the Cup last month. A number two, to be exact.

"A week after we won it, I had my newborn daughter in there, and she pooped in the Cup," Draper said. "That was something. We had a pretty good laugh.

"I still drank out of it that night, so no worries."

Uh, we have a few worries. And we think they're valid. But we won't go into them here.

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article? ... 40362/1053

July 14th, 2008, 11:47 am
Looks like there was something else in the Cup... :shock:

Freep.com wrote:
Remember this the next time you say you'd like to kiss the Stanley Cup.

Red Wings forward Kris Draper revealed during the weekend that his diaperless baby, Kamryn, did a number on the Cup last month. A number two, to be exact.

"A week after we won it, I had my newborn daughter in there, and she pooped in the Cup," Draper said. "That was something. We had a pretty good laugh.

"I still drank out of it that night, so no worries."

Uh, we have a few worries. And we think they're valid. But we won't go into them here.

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article? ... 40362/1053

LoL... Like I said... There isn't much else that can be done to that thing... And... I'm sure that's not the first time it's been pooped in!!!

July 15th, 2008, 1:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]