View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 19th, 2014, 3:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Top 25 rankings, where does you team fall? 
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I'm kinda surprised that Michigan made the preseason Top 25, but I expect them to finish there. Perhaps they looked at the Big Ten as a whole and realized that the top four or five teams are going to roll over the others and finish with decent records because of it.

August 2nd, 2008, 10:50 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

The AP poll came out the other day and Michigan finished 32nd in the voting. That's about where I figured they'd be in the other poll too.
Here's the top 25:

1 Georgia
2 Ohio State
3 Southern California
4 Oklahoma
5 Florida
6 Missouri
7 LSU
8 West Virginia
9 Clemson
10 Auburn
11 Texas
12 Texas Tech
13 Wisconsin
14 Kansas
15 Arizona State
16 Brigham Young
17 Virginia Tech
18 Tennessee
19 South Florida
20 Illinois
21 Oregon
22 Penn State
23 Wake Forest
24 Alabama
25 Pittsburgh

August 17th, 2008, 11:25 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

1st time I have not seen Texas in the pre-season top 10 in years!

NEVER GIVE UP!

August 18th, 2008, 7:25 am
RIP Killer

Are these the final rankings? CRAZY how UM jumps in then disappears to 32nd...

August 18th, 2008, 3:45 pm
Pro Bowl Player

The AP poll came out the other day and Michigan finished 32nd in the voting. That's about where I figured they'd be in the other poll too.
Here's the top 25:

6 Missouri

20 Illinois

That Mizzou, Illini shootout last weekend was pretty cool to watch - even though my team ended up on the short end.

Juice Williams has improved dramatically as a passer, and they're going to put up some points. But they're going to miss Mendenhall a LOT...

September 4th, 2008, 2:19 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I was an eyewitness to ECU's beatdown of my Mountaineers. Two points:

1. WVU is not very good. New staff has gotten too cute with an offense that didn't need much adjustment. Defense is embarrassingly bad on every level, DL to DBs. Worst WVU defense in years.
2. ECU is legit. Watch out for them--potential BCS buster this year. I can see them running the table since their schedule only gets easier from here out. Excellent front seven on defense and the QB Patrick Pinckney should be playing on Sundays next year.

September 7th, 2008, 4:08 pm
RIP Killer

I can't believe OSU is still ranked 5th after that debacle... Man, I've never seen a team play with such passion(OU) against a team with no passion(OSU) until the Lions/Falcons game today. OSU looked they thought they had already won.

September 7th, 2008, 7:48 pm
3rd Round Selection

I can't believe OSU is still ranked 5th after that debacle... Man, I've never seen a team play with such passion(OU) against a team with no passion(OSU) until the Lions/Falcons game today. OSU looked they thought they had already won.

Well, might as well enjoy it while they can, I doubt they stay top 5 after next week.

September 8th, 2008, 2:47 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:

Well, might as well enjoy it while they can, I doubt they stay top 5 after next week.

I'm scared... I just hope they try and show up for the game. Beanie being out hurts us a lot...

September 8th, 2008, 4:20 pm
QB Coach

Rob_Shadows wrote:
steensn wrote:

I'm scared... I just hope they try and show up for the game. Beanie being out hurts us a lot...

If USC blows OSU out in this game, then OSU doesn't deserve a shot at the national title. Fair or not, after their showing the past couple times they've been there, it's time to put up against a top team, or give up the claim of being a contender. They're still probably one of the 10 best teams in the country, but if they get blown out, they're not legitimate national title contenders. Simple as that.

September 8th, 2008, 5:09 pm
RIP Killer

I would agree if it is a blowout. They are obviously one of the top ten teams but a loss to USC I would say should not put them in the top 2 UNLESS the other teams near the top also have bad showings. Not likely, but possible.

September 9th, 2008, 8:40 am
QB Coach

I would agree if it is a blowout. They are obviously one of the top ten teams but a loss to USC I would say should not put them in the top 2 UNLESS the other teams near the top also have bad showings. Not likely, but possible.

After that game, OSU has absolutely NO BUSINESS in a title game. I don't care if they run the table the rest of the year, they got embarrassed. There is no doubt who the top tier team was in that matchup.

I haven't seen too many of the other top teams play yet this year, but man USC looks good. It'll be interesting to see how Georgia, Florida, and a few of the other top teams go through the rest of the year.

September 14th, 2008, 12:41 am
RIP Killer

I agree, but after Georgia's game today I'd expect them to drop a few spots. Oklahoma is looking good this year. USC I think is going to just dismantle every team they face. You can see just how much better they are and polished. They just have the level of guys that if even a play breaks down, they will shuck and jive their way for a first down. It was amazing to see the level of talent they have, USC deserved to handedly win last night.

I think OSU has a few holes and the "first rounders" that the nation was sure of last year haven't shown up all year. I haven't seen JL play to the level of his hype. Yeah he made goods stops on some good RB's, but to me his hype was bigger than solid. Beckman... don't even make me start that. He looked like a school kid... scared to death. Can't wait to get the likes of Terrel Pryor starting.

September 14th, 2008, 9:00 am
RIP Killer

Top 25 rankings, where does you team fall?

#23 this week.

GO STATE!

October 6th, 2008, 11:57 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2