View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 19th, 2014, 3:54 pm



Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Top 25 rankings, where does you team fall? 
Author Message
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post 
I'm kinda surprised that Michigan made the preseason Top 25, but I expect them to finish there. Perhaps they looked at the Big Ten as a whole and realized that the top four or five teams are going to roll over the others and finish with decent records because of it.

_________________
Image


August 2nd, 2008, 10:50 am
Profile
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post 
The AP poll came out the other day and Michigan finished 32nd in the voting. That's about where I figured they'd be in the other poll too.
Here's the top 25:

1 Georgia
2 Ohio State
3 Southern California
4 Oklahoma
5 Florida
6 Missouri
7 LSU
8 West Virginia
9 Clemson
10 Auburn
11 Texas
12 Texas Tech
13 Wisconsin
14 Kansas
15 Arizona State
16 Brigham Young
17 Virginia Tech
18 Tennessee
19 South Florida
20 Illinois
21 Oregon
22 Penn State
23 Wake Forest
24 Alabama
25 Pittsburgh

_________________
Image


August 17th, 2008, 11:25 am
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: October 30th, 2004, 12:30 pm
Posts: 2205
Location: Austin, TX
Post 
1st time I have not seen Texas in the pre-season top 10 in years!

_________________
Image

NEVER GIVE UP!


August 18th, 2008, 7:25 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post 
Are these the final rankings? CRAZY how UM jumps in then disappears to 32nd...

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


August 18th, 2008, 3:45 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Player

Joined: March 31st, 2006, 1:19 pm
Posts: 2570
Post 
slybri19 wrote:
The AP poll came out the other day and Michigan finished 32nd in the voting. That's about where I figured they'd be in the other poll too.
Here's the top 25:

6 Missouri

20 Illinois


That Mizzou, Illini shootout last weekend was pretty cool to watch - even though my team ended up on the short end.

Juice Williams has improved dramatically as a passer, and they're going to put up some points. But they're going to miss Mendenhall a LOT...


September 4th, 2008, 2:19 pm
Profile
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Joined: October 15th, 2005, 9:00 am
Posts: 1839
Location: Greensboro, NC
Post 
I was an eyewitness to ECU's beatdown of my Mountaineers. Two points:

1. WVU is not very good. New staff has gotten too cute with an offense that didn't need much adjustment. Defense is embarrassingly bad on every level, DL to DBs. Worst WVU defense in years.
2. ECU is legit. Watch out for them--potential BCS buster this year. I can see them running the table since their schedule only gets easier from here out. Excellent front seven on defense and the QB Patrick Pinckney should be playing on Sundays next year.


September 7th, 2008, 4:08 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post 
I can't believe OSU is still ranked 5th after that debacle... Man, I've never seen a team play with such passion(OU) against a team with no passion(OSU) until the Lions/Falcons game today. OSU looked they thought they had already won.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


September 7th, 2008, 7:48 pm
Profile
3rd Round Selection

Joined: December 25th, 2005, 6:19 am
Posts: 1188
Post 
steensn wrote:
I can't believe OSU is still ranked 5th after that debacle... Man, I've never seen a team play with such passion(OU) against a team with no passion(OSU) until the Lions/Falcons game today. OSU looked they thought they had already won.


Well, might as well enjoy it while they can, I doubt they stay top 5 after next week.


September 8th, 2008, 2:47 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post 
Rob_Shadows wrote:
steensn wrote:
I can't believe OSU is still ranked 5th after that debacle... Man, I've never seen a team play with such passion(OU) against a team with no passion(OSU) until the Lions/Falcons game today. OSU looked they thought they had already won.


Well, might as well enjoy it while they can, I doubt they stay top 5 after next week.


I'm scared... I just hope they try and show up for the game. Beanie being out hurts us a lot...

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


September 8th, 2008, 4:20 pm
Profile
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: August 21st, 2005, 3:36 am
Posts: 3129
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Post 
steensn wrote:
Rob_Shadows wrote:
steensn wrote:
I can't believe OSU is still ranked 5th after that debacle... Man, I've never seen a team play with such passion(OU) against a team with no passion(OSU) until the Lions/Falcons game today. OSU looked they thought they had already won.


Well, might as well enjoy it while they can, I doubt they stay top 5 after next week.


I'm scared... I just hope they try and show up for the game. Beanie being out hurts us a lot...

If USC blows OSU out in this game, then OSU doesn't deserve a shot at the national title. Fair or not, after their showing the past couple times they've been there, it's time to put up against a top team, or give up the claim of being a contender. They're still probably one of the 10 best teams in the country, but if they get blown out, they're not legitimate national title contenders. Simple as that.


September 8th, 2008, 5:09 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post 
I would agree if it is a blowout. They are obviously one of the top ten teams but a loss to USC I would say should not put them in the top 2 UNLESS the other teams near the top also have bad showings. Not likely, but possible.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


September 9th, 2008, 8:40 am
Profile
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: August 21st, 2005, 3:36 am
Posts: 3129
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Post 
steensn wrote:
I would agree if it is a blowout. They are obviously one of the top ten teams but a loss to USC I would say should not put them in the top 2 UNLESS the other teams near the top also have bad showings. Not likely, but possible.

After that game, OSU has absolutely NO BUSINESS in a title game. I don't care if they run the table the rest of the year, they got embarrassed. There is no doubt who the top tier team was in that matchup.

I haven't seen too many of the other top teams play yet this year, but man USC looks good. It'll be interesting to see how Georgia, Florida, and a few of the other top teams go through the rest of the year.


September 14th, 2008, 12:41 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post 
I agree, but after Georgia's game today I'd expect them to drop a few spots. Oklahoma is looking good this year. USC I think is going to just dismantle every team they face. You can see just how much better they are and polished. They just have the level of guys that if even a play breaks down, they will shuck and jive their way for a first down. It was amazing to see the level of talent they have, USC deserved to handedly win last night.

I think OSU has a few holes and the "first rounders" that the nation was sure of last year haven't shown up all year. I haven't seen JL play to the level of his hype. Yeah he made goods stops on some good RB's, but to me his hype was bigger than solid. Beckman... don't even make me start that. He looked like a school kid... scared to death. Can't wait to get the likes of Terrel Pryor starting.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


September 14th, 2008, 9:00 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9450
Location: Dallas
Post 
Quote:
Top 25 rankings, where does you team fall?


#23 this week.

GO STATE!

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


October 6th, 2008, 11:57 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.