View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 18th, 2014, 6:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 New season, Same expectations 
Walk On

Post New season, Same expectations
Hard to believe hockeys getting ready to start again. We sure get spoiled especially when your team goes that deep into the playoffs.

can anyone say REPEAT!!!! 8)

September 13th, 2008, 12:56 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

let see, we win the Stanley cup......then we pick up Hossa...we don't lose anyone...what is wrong with this picture? can you say REPEAT?!!!!!!!

GO WINGS

September 14th, 2008, 2:35 pm
Walk On

Heard that Lindstom broke his nose the other day. Radio said he was wearing a full faced sheild today. To bad that guys gotta get old. He's been a rock for so long.

Also read a good article about Datsyuk and Hossa. Pavel was jokingling doging Homstrom about not being nearly as fast as Marion. Pav tweaked his groin or hammy mildly just trying to keep up.

GOOD STUFF!!!! :arrow:

October 2nd, 2008, 10:04 pm
Heard that Lindstom broke his nose the other day. Radio said he was wearing a full faced sheild today. To bad that guys gotta get old. He's been a rock for so long.

Also read a good article about Datsyuk and Hossa. Pavel was jokingling doging Homstrom about not being nearly as fast as Marion. Pav tweaked his groin or hammy mildly just trying to keep up.

GOOD STUFF!!!! :arrow:

Pav really isn't a speed guy... He's more of a puck controll/agility freak of nature, and a great hockey player. It's nice to hear that everyone is pushing eachother though. It would be great if we could replace an older player or two, have the salary cap go up some, and keep all three of our young guns!... That said, we'll probably lose Hossa after this season, unless we win the cup and he falls in love with being in Detroit. Hopefully, however, the effects of having him here will last for seasons to come. In any event, he was a great signing and should be a huge piece of our attempt to repeat!

October 3rd, 2008, 11:55 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

It's going to be interesting to see what the final roster will look like. Because of the salary cap, the Wings might start out the season with only 22 players instead of 23. I was hoping they would trade Lilja to free up some space, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen now. Also, Chelios is going to be out for awhile with a fractured leg.

October 4th, 2008, 9:53 am
Walk On

Man did I ever needed to watch a Michigan team dominate. It's truly a luxury we underapreciate with these guys. :)

Beat up on the Cane's tonight. The goalie Conklin looked great. Nice to see we have a good backup to Ozzy this year. Ya never know he may steal it away if he keeps playing like he did tonight. REAL SHARP :idea: .

The Hossa, Holmy, Pavel line looked unstopable tonight. Damn that Hossa is big and fast!

Zetterburg and Franzen looked great as usual but I'm unsure if Jiri Hudler will stick with em. He seemed alittle outa his league with em.

LETS GO RED WINGS!!!

October 13th, 2008, 10:42 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I'm kinda surprised by Hudler being on the 2nd line myself. I would put Filppula there, but I'm not the coach. Anyways, as for Conklin, he looked shaky in the beginning, but finished strong. My guess is that he was nervous playing his first game with the Wings, but finally settled down. Just as long as he stays in his net instead of wandering, he ought to be alright.

October 14th, 2008, 10:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]